So... why does most of the stuff on craigslist end up being badly overpriced?

so... why does most of the stuff on craigslist end up being badly overpriced?

Pic related

H S
S H

They know subconsciously that they overpaid for a laptop but don't want to admit to themselves that they aren't very smart. So they try to sell it for more than it's really worth.

Because most of the people who use craigslist to buy stuff are idiots who'll pay that kind of money for shit hardware.

>risking getting murdered during a Craigslist transaction when eBay is a thing

I see people in my area posting laptops and custom PCs overpriced all the time. I assumed they either thought they could get full price off an unknowing buyer, or posted the top dollar hoping the haggling process would go down reasonably from there.

Kinda sucks because I was considering buying random PCs and juicing them up a bit with an SSD or some shit then selling them for some profit. But Im fairly certain the prices I would offer some of these people would piss them off because of their original asking price.

I was trying to haggle with the poster but he was an ass, straight out of a meme.

Calling me a peasant and shit.

Posted a few links to cheaper laptops but that just pissed him off more.

TOP LEL

4k on a 15inch

the jews got to cl

I am interested in your stories, can you share a bit?

Are you saying that's overpriced? Because its a fraction of the actual price and is actually a decent deal given the market.

I sell stuff on craigslist all the time. You'd be surprised how many old fucks who have no idea what they are doing you can get to buy overpriced shit.

In my dealings with selling items on CL, you need to have a price about 40% higher than what you are actually wanting from the sale.

First there will be 4-5 email chains about the item, better pictures emailed, and a price negotiated lower than what you had on the listing despite your item being in better condition than their reference item from a sketchy Ebay auction.

You agree to meet in an open, public location during normal hours where that person then proceeds to be 20 minutes late, have a sob story, and then claims that they could only come up with 80% of what they agreed to pay. Leaving you to either accept that, or have all that time wasted.

I'd like to use CL but I live too close to niggers so it's impossible. They need to have a filter by race option.

>a gun isn't part of his EDC
Alternatively, meet at a food court.

That's actually a reasonable price for the specs and the brand. Not sure what all of the fuss is all about.

Maybe the OP is mad because he couldn't afford it and tried to feel better about himself on Sup Forums. Pathetic. lel

Yes the classic
>my dog/child/girlfriend just ate some poison and I had to pay cash at the hospital so I only have $300 bro, you know that's still a good price anyway man.

Happened to me twice, just flat out refused to sell for lower both times, one guy 'found' some more money in his car and the other guy (a nigger) started yelling, called me racist and left.

people don't know how to depreciate electronics

the fag thinks it's a good price because he paid $1800 couple of years ago

>spending several hundred dollars on a gun just so you can be safe while making a few bucks selling your own stuff
I'd rather just go through eBay.

It's not an amazing price but it's not that bad either. I wouldn't buy it just because 4k gaming is still stupid and not worth it even desktops. If it was 1440p or 1080p, it would kill in games. That 4k is so unnecessary.

Exactly. The price falls into what they go for online. Im sure there is a buyer for it somewhere. Just because you are not willing to pay that much for it doesnt mean some one one will not pull the trigger.

Cant you just set the resolution to 1080p?

Holy shit

Whats the point of this post again?

Was that a serious question?

>Several hundred dollars
HiPoints can be had brand new for sub-$200, used from an FFL for less than that, and used from Tyrone on the street looking to get a hot gun off his hip for stupidly cheap.

Same thing with rifles, a decent mauser or 91/30 will run you probably around $200.

Post the screencaps faggot peasant.

>980m 8Gb

Get a mosin nagant for sub-100 with a 20 inch bayonet so they know you ain't fuckin around.

They originally bought it for $xyz, so it's got to be worth at least $x00.

Or they're expecting some faggot to try and give themselves a 60% discount