How's the job hunt going Sup Forums?

How's the job hunt going Sup Forums?

A job in anything but Retail or Fast Food would be nice.

Tried freelancing?

Just sent in a salary I'd like to have.

But I have a job.

Doing both sysadmin/helpdesk while a coworker is on sick leave. Shit's getting a bit taxing.

Had a phone interview today. For a subcontractor. I don't know how to feel about it, one one side I need a job, on the other side I'd prefer not to get cucked.

Had a phone interview today. For a subcontractor. I don't know how to feel about it, one one side I need a job, on the other side I'd prefer not to get cucked. Suckstbqhfampai

I'm neet, but still technically employed at zero hours most of the time. At least I can claim this time as IT experience. I could take a full time job as a gadget repair monkey, but I hate being stuck unable to be learning transferable skills. With computer hardware becoming increasingly cheap and unserviceable, I don't want to get stuck. I'll get a job next year if I fail CS this fall.

I start as a bike messenger next week

Have to fly out to West Coast (I live in virginia) next week to interview with tech giant. Not sure if I even wanna go. Not sure if I want to work for this particular tech giant, or if I wanna move that far away.

Network Engineer here, fucking kill me.

Just landed a job at a decent company, and the company I'm doing an internship for responded by beating the other company's offer the fuck out.

I've been """freelancing""" and doing internships for two years since dropping out, and my job hunt is finally over. I don't even know what to do with myself now.

still working at my old job while im searching for a new one
manager keeps changing his mind at the whims of customers, completely changing workflow of apps and forces large overhauls
code is a mess, theres duplication everywhere, no tests at all, non-existant routines in general

but i still feel bad about it since they took me in without formal education or experience

I have a job. It may not be the best job in the world but at least I get to fuck around with machinery and tools all day, and I generally don't have to deal with people. Everyone just leaves you the fuck alone and lets you do your job.

Subcontracting it still better than nojob.

Good job user, proud of you!

best feel

and then you'll go back to being bored and hating life in 6 months haha

Sounds nice.

hate the hunt just give me a flipping job

Signed up for a govt job, gotta study up for a bunch of tests and beat the other applicants.
Hopefully I'll be able to shitpost from my comfy tax paid govt cubicle.

What do you do user? That really does sound nice.

Got a job at Amazon since November and I hate it.

Don't worry, a robot will replace you.

Who here /hyped/ for end of q2?

I sure can't wait to deliver the numbers so my boss's boss can make another repayment on his Bentley

I'm a freelance writer, so I don't have to job hunt (actually it means I'm constantly job hunting)

Badly. I didn't get a job I interviewed for yesterday, even though I felt really good about it. I've been out of work for a while now, and every rejection I get hurts. At this point I don't know what to do anymore.

No skills relevant outside retail
Ugly
No personality
Too shy to talk myself up

Welp looks like I'll still be at my same retail job for another 10 years

>get a sweet on site tech job that pays 30 an hour to literally set up ethernet cables
>contract based
>end up only getting an hour of work my first week
>Haven't worked since and it's been another week

D-DELETE THIS user

I have a technical screening today
One of my friends applied for the same job and turned down their offer, and she told me the interview is rather easy, plus the recruiter straight up told me the three main things I'd be asked during the interview
I really want this job because it's nice pay and I don't have to leave the city after graduation, but if I fuck up am rest one like this I might kms

Why you hate it user?

Work at a grocery store right now. Management has been talking to me about wanting to promote me to a higher position, making double what I make now, but I think I'm going to become a pharmacy tech with the in-store pharmacy instead of more frontend customer service bullshit.

Is it worth it though

I'm selling precision/testing instruments to colleges and companies.

It's tiring as hell and everyone wanted some kind of under the table deals, but I like travelling, I get both car and gas allowances and I get 5 percent on each equipment that I sell

had a phone interview for a Linux/UNIX admin position on Monday. I was way to nervous and feel that I made it obvious that I don't have much work experience related to the OS. This was just the interview with HR. I think I would do well on the technical interview (If i get that far...)

please give me a Linux/UNIX job i'm so fucking sick of resting passwords, rebooting and re-imaging all fucking day. fuck NT environments and fuck the users who directly interact with them.

Pretty good, I was worried about going to school but I realised that joining the navy as an IT tech might be a better idea.

Hello, I am interested in networking.

Is it really so bad?

I just had an interview and I'm waiting for a call back.

Fucking 12-year-olds

I turned down a NOC job (rolling day/night shift is not feasible) and all the interviews I've been on are fizzling out.

Feels bad man, I want out of this circus.

One year into a software dev degree level apprenticeship at a startup, life's good.

I have a shit job doing basic IT support shit for a solicitors firm. Makes me want to blow my brains out.

I know Javascript so I freelance, charging 90 euro's per hour making web application.

How's that C++ coming along, Sup Forums? - I'm sure it will make a comeback one day.....

Got an Interview tomorrow for an IT Support Apprenticeship. Decent pay for what it is. £800 a month. Most apprenticeships pay like £450 a month. Prepping for it right now.

Sitting on the toilet at work. Stay unemployed bros.

Yeah I only got that on my second year. Got 600 on my first though

I'd be happy with £450 to be honest for the first year if its something I want to do. This interview is gonna kill me tho. Social anxiety. Just going to prep the absolute best I can and try my hardest to do well in the interview.

I started a position as webdev at a small company run by a friend of a friend of a friend of mine. Might not be the best thing in the world but at least it pays decently and i get to gain knowledge about tossing data around.

If it don't work out check Firebrand Apprenticeships, mine paid 950 from the start and have had two pay rises in the first year, getting salaried at the end of next month. Think Firebrand have encourage employers to pay a fair wage.

It is firebrand who I am going for tomorrow lol

P.S Have you talked to Ayman from Firebrand? He's cool.

If you get it stick with it mate, if you're young the experience is worth its weight in gold on your CV

shitty.

i'm probably going to be stuck with some shitty C programming job that pays less than what java webdevs make.

No wonder why anything written in C is so shit,

Yeah I will be doing. Very passionate about IT and I have really good problem-solving skills so its right up my alley.