/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Even more Samsung Galaxy S8 live images appear
gsmarena.com/even_more_samsung_galaxy_s8_live_images_appear-news-23546.php

Moto G5 live photos and G5 Plus official render leaked
gsmarena.com/moto_g5_live_photos_and_official_render_leaked-news-23559.php

LG teases G6 water and dust resistance with new videos
gsmarena.com/lg_teases_g6_water_and_dust_resistance_with_youtube_videos-news-23555.php

Xiaomi Mi Max successor with Snapdragon 660 and 6GB RAM rumored for May launch
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_max_successor_with_snapdragon_660_and_6gb_ram_rumored_for_may_launch-news-23553.php

Mid-range Honor 8 Lite is now official
androidauthority.com/mid-range-honor-8-lite-now-official-751086/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-4/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-snapdragon-roms-kernels-recoveries--other-development/rom-lineageos-13-0-t3554630
amazon.com/b/?node=15240005011
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>venya geskin
>I Make Realistic Renders Based On Rumors and Leaks

Is there a good Tetris game for Android?
Picrelated version from EA was basically perfect in terms of gameplay, but a total shit otherwise.

All I want is a simple Tetris game that launches fast, runs fast, and has tight swipe controls.
Is there anything out there for me?

Exactly what makes it shit?

Can I get Sup Forumsspg/'s consensus on the OP 3T? What do you hate about it? What makes it great (besides price tag)?

Also why is Applel not bankrupt from a $439 phone beating the iPhone 7 P L U S in a speed/heat test? Like fucking come on.

Just ordered an lg stylo 2 plus, opinions? T mobile gave me no other options besides iPhones so either way I'm stuck with it

That image looks photoshopped.

But if this phone actually looks like that, props to Samshit for learning how to into aesthetic. They just need to have their software devs do the same with Touchjizz.

Only downside of the OP3T is the phablet size (subjective) and lack of SD card support, but unless you're the autismo type that needs all his 500 hours worth of music, several seasons of 10 bit chinese cartoons and every single emu+ROM ever known to mankind, 64GB is enough.

>search for a review on youtube
>AH HAM PAJETT AHND AH JAHST BAHT A NAW POOOON

God fucking dammit.

> no headphone jack
> gets btfo in speed test by OP3T
> iOS is cancer to use
> refurbished is not the same thing as new

I've gotten a refurbished Thinkpad and it came with internal pieces of the case snapped off as well as a broken clasp on the screen bezel. Might not be everything, but after a wigger took my phone I got another one, refurbished, and it's dog shit in quality in comparison. I wouldn't trust it.

Incredibly slow interface and insane loading times for a fucking Tetris game. If I want to play Tetris, I want it immediately. Not after it goes through all the splash screens and retarded animations and menu transitions and loading screens. It takes about 25 seconds on my Nexus 5 from starting the app to playing the game, it's actually ridiculous.

Ads. Microtransactions (not sure if they were present in the version in my pic, but they are in the latest one).

I'm losing hope in finding an alternative, I guess I'll have to start over in writing my own Tetris close.

Thinking of getting the doogee t6 pro, anyone ever have a doogee product?

> 500 hours worth of music
I'm working on 1,000 my friendo...
But fuck watching chinese cartoons and storing roms on that shit. Why would you ever WANT to watch anime on that shit sized screen?

my only real complaint with the G5 Plus is the 2GB of Ram. should be 3GB. I might consider it. but I'm probably getting the Honor 6X.

>managed to talk down the price of a OP3 with a broken screen to 200€
>screen replacement would take 120€ if I get it on aliexpress and at least 30 days before I get it

Most OP3 in good conditions go for 320€ on ebay,
this one doesn't even have accessories.
Tried offering 170€ at first and even that wasn't too much of a deal for me.
Should I wait a few days before haggling some more? There's no way he'll sell it for the price he's asking.

I might just go for a lenovo p2 in the meanwhile or get another used OP3 in better conditions.

It will have a 4/64 version just like the G4+.

good fucking luck palm grabbing that phone. fucking idiots at Samsung are at it again.

Did I do good?

>SD625
no.

Yes, it's a great phone

Please explain why you think the 625 is shit

Enjoy never getting good ROMs.
Picrelated is the list of acceptable Xiaomi phones.

>grey
>not Hatsune Green

It's not shit, but the SD650 on the RN3P is much better.
it's a downgrade.
Also no roms
Enjoy shitty cancerous MiUI.

Agreed, unfortunately most phones with a 65X Doc are rediculously over priced,even out pricing phones with 820s choosers
625 is a good compromise

It's got a Snapdragon so it'll get ROMs eventually, the Indian version already has a LineageOS ROM

It's not that much more powerful, you won't notice a difference in everyday use. The SD625 is also way more power efficient than the SD650.

Why the long screen?

It'll probably have palm rejection software

At that price I really think it's not worth it. Remember you're voiding the warranty if you replace the screen yourself.

They all sold out.
>the Indian version already has a LineageOS ROM
Only difference between chinese and indian versions is lte frequencies. ROMs should be interchangeable.
Unofficial Lineage OS 13 is running pretty well on them according to
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-4/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-snapdragon-roms-kernels-recoveries--other-development/rom-lineageos-13-0-t3554630

>Remember you're voiding the warranty if you replace the screen yourself.
But would I be able to replace it under warranty?
isn't it limited to the original buyer?

Anybody knows if the Lenovo p2 is getting nougat?

It's not like they've been making phones with rounded screen edges for 2.5 years with minor complaints.

how long does samsung usually update their flagship phones?

>minor complaints
People selling their phone or trading it with iPhone because you can't fucking type on that fucking meme display

Okay.

Minor complaints, as I said. Or you think they've been stamping them out just for the love of the craft?
People buy them, people like them, so they keep making them. Samsung would have dropped the gimmick long ago if it was actually problematic, but it is not.

>That image looks photoshopped.

Because it is

I've narrowed down my list of phones I'm interested in to these three, and find they each have their pros and cons. Any recommendations?

Keep in mind I have a fairly limited budget and my provider's frequency is very limited.

Honor 8
Best camera
Fastest
EMUI 5 is alright

Literally unusable without a case. That goes for all previous edge phones as well.

ZTE for battery life, Honor 8 for camera. LG for bootloops

srs question. Why do LG phones bootloop so much?

Don't even, DOOGEE is a shit company.
Little to no customer support, let alone system updates.

Is there any way to unlock a phone for free? My uncle asked me to get his phone unlocked because that's what everyone in this family does when they need anything vaguely tech related, and after employing my usual expert methods (i.e. google) all I found were shady looking """software""" and equally shady paid services. Am I just wasting my time here?

poorfag here, which one should I get?

LG G2 vs Galaxy S4 vs HTC One M7 vs..

Honor 8

shit solder used on the phones, meaning components come loose when the phone heats up. Plenty of other issues in their phones too.

Hi Sup Forums, never posted here before. I just dropped my Galaxy S4 and the screen is broken so this gives me an excuse to buy a new phone finally. I've had the S4 for the past 6 years, and I'm wondering what my next phone should be. I'm in the U.S. and I have Verizon. I liked the general size of the S4, it's nice and slim, while not being overly wide or long. Features wise, I'd like to have a nice camera, possibly a 4k screen, ample storage, and a decent battery life.

Also no IShit pls.

What's your budget? Out of the three I'd say LG G2.

Just bought a oneplus 3t after my g4 screen cracked.
It'll be here monday
Did I make a mistake.

like $75

>4k screen
Why tf would you want a 4K screen on a phone? Also only a single phone exist that has one.

I'd also look for used 3rd gen Moto G's. You can also get the prime exclusive Moto G4 Play for $99 from Amazon if you're in the US.

excuse that. I meant to say 1440p screen.

Use an emulator and a Tetris ROM of your choice, retard.

>emulator and a Tetris ROM of your choice
Any suggestions for both of these? Because I have a hard time imagining any emulator supporting swipe controls.

>retard
rude, especially given your retarded idea.

You can't. you have to pay them shekels.

Can you trust Ali top sellers?
I'm gonna buy the RedMi Note 4 but don't know where to buy it.

lmao

All those news sites were trolled hard

Is my phone fucked?

>won't recognize SIM card on startup
>only recognizes it when I put it in when it's running
>no network (not sure how this is called in english - i can neither call/SMS nor use the internet) 99% of the time, ocassionally works when resetting the entire network settings
>SIM card works perfectly fine in other phones
>other SIM cards don't work in my phone
>factory reset didn't help

It's a Nexus 5 and not even 3 years old, fml

$8.62 off $50 or more at Amazon.com with the code BIGTHANKS. Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) 2/22/2017.
amazon.com/b/?node=15240005011

If you were satisfied with the S4 I'd just get a S7, maybe look at Sony XZ too.

Maybe give the DS version a try, that might have touch controls.

You could also try lucky patcher or something to get rid of the in-app purchases in the EA Tetris.

Yes, they're trustworthy, haven't heard anyone have problems with them. There's also Geekbuying, Banggood etc. if you'd prefer to use PayPal.

Is it possible to fast load/preload apps? I use fv-5 camera, and it can take a while for it to open.

Canadian here, whats a good phone with 5g capability, good battery, and SD capabilities for relatively cheap?

If you have root you can give Memory Locker app a try. You could also try changing the memory management settings to have your phone keep apps in memory longer.

I want to upgrade from an LG G4...

I'd like a good camera, that's about it - what should I go for?

>5g capability

Pixlel.

Honor 8

S7 / S7 Edge (or S8 when it launches)
Google Pixel

Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem

iphone 7 plus

>relatively cheap
That could mean $100 or $500

My Note 2 served me well, but it's starting to get outdated and annoying to charge. I want a new phone.
I'm satisfied with the Note 2's size so big phones are not a problem.
I use my phone for work, so it needs to be fast and up to date, and has to be android. Outside of that I use it mostly for browsing, and music whenever I step outside. A good camera would be nice. Good battery life is very nice to have too. Storage size will most likely not be an issue with or without SD card support, seeing the amount most phones come with now.
I live in France and my carrier is Free. And I'd like to spend around 400€ at most.

I was thinking OnePlus 3T, but I'm a bit wary seeing it's a chinese company. Most current flagships are too expensive for my budget (and too expensive period, imo), and the Note 7 was a disaster anyway.
What do?

Wait for MWC next week and if nothing intersting launches buy the OP3T.

Wait about a week or two and snag a S7 when they're priced around the 3T

So, what is the one best, perfect size of a smart phone?

I still have a galaxy s2, it fits into my hand perfects, but I think by now it is considered small?

There isn't a perfect size, depends completely on what you're comfortable with. Go to a store and try different size display phones.

What about the OnePlus 3T? From the G4?

does Sup Forums rate chink phones?
i'm thinking of getting a huawei p8 but i'm scared

>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES
Right there in the OP

I have a casting question:
I'm sitting in my living room and my phone keeps trying to connect to my apartment neighbor's Chromecast. Even though I exit out of it, it keeps popping up and I can't use my phone in my own home. Is there a way to disable this?

think i'm going to do it, the stats are better than anything else in my price range

better battery life isnt a downgrade

Guys any suggestions on Mi5s,or should I get Z2 PRO? Upgrading from Xperia SP.

>huawei p8
Old and shitty. get the P9 lite or Honor 8 if you can't afford the P9.

The P8 is £200 which is at the upper end of my budget and even the P9 lite is £250 and doesn't seem much better
I don't mind not having the latest model 2bh

give me some nice camera app for HTC 10. stock one can't even into 1080p/60fps

ok so what's a phone with decent camera and good battery life for 80 bucks or less?
I don't care if its a used one
And nothing rare or too chinese please
Thanks

get a job

no
:^)

Trying to choose between an S7 and S7 Edge. Don't care much for the bent screen gimmick, but is the extra battery life worth the extra bucks?

don't get the s7 it has lag issues after the update

I'd say so. Edge version is larger, 5.5" compared to the 5.2" display on the S7, depends on your preference if that's a pro or a con.

Australian here wanting a OP3T

Where is the best online outlet to get the specific model that will work here.

>Galaxy S7 Edge is on sale and comes with the gear fit 2 watch thing
>Same price as the One Plus 3T

Hmm, should I get the Galaxy S7 Edge or wait for the S8?

Had this a week now.
7 days since last charge... still 25% battery left.
Banging.

Are you talking about the T-Mobile sale? I considered it, but didn't want to drop providers for it.

Still considering the Pixel meme, though it's not going to get a price drop with everything else given it's release date.

I'm not in america so they're selling it unlocked.

I got the money and I never owned a flagship, all I want is a great camera and a sd card slot and the S7 Edge has that.