Can an American please explain how their pledge is different than the brainwashing NK kids go through?

Can an American please explain how their pledge is different than the brainwashing NK kids go through?

Yeah, the pledge is kinda pointless to students.

It's said before government meetings so perhaps they felt schools were in the same vein? I dunno. Not many students actually feel obligated to do it, it's just kinda there.

In America, I'm allowed to just sit down during this part in school. I may get some odd looks, but that's about it.
Also, one time in elementary school, I did the pledge in a silly voice for the entire school. I returned to the class with laughter by many, but I did get reprimanded by the teacher. No regrets.

In North Korea, you do something like that, you die.

>something happens in north korea so anything tangentially related to it must be forbidden in the rest of the world

north koreans poop. how can you morally justify pooping when you know that north koreans also poop?

So you think it's okay to brainwash people so long as it's for the right reasons?

In America, you do it out of respect. You can just not do anything or act like a dick while everyone giving a pledge, but you'll get dirty looks.

In North Korea you'll just die.

Please define brainwash.

Is it something like this?

Officially called the "Pledge of Commitment":

From this time forward, (under God),
I pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people,
whose democratic beliefs I share,
whose rights and liberties I respect, and
whose laws I will uphold and obey.

The North Korean one works

america needs turbo patriotism cause otherwise there wont be enough of them villing to die for their world police force. so yeah

go MURCA

i love how cucknations are so utterly confused by patriotism. also we never said it everyday as kids. we'd maybe do it once a month.

It is legal in America, but I think it makes you look like an edgelord.

thank you for your service

yeah, pretty much

If you're forced to chant it every day then yes it's a form of brainwashing.

freedums

Teachers were really careless about your brainwashing. You should tell the government officials about it

America:
>dont have to do it
>students just mumble the words anyways
NK:
>have to do it or you get sent to a camp

>forced
we were never forced to
at least in my school no one ever said it, we just stood up facing the flag while the teacher said it

It does look very saccharine and almost criengeingly corny to an outsider

This 2bh
I went to elementary school in the US and at one point I got really edgy and nationalistic for some reason (nationalistic for the UK, not the US) and refused to do recite the pledge
This went on for about a month or so and my parents to get my act together and at least stand up and put my hand on my heart.

*and refused to recite the pledge

*parents told me to get my act together

Fuck I'm not doing so good with the English tonight

Major COCKMAN and GAG died for your shitposting, ausschink.

Americans actually do this? I always thought it was just a shitty hamfisted metaphor device in films

That's seriously crazy, how the fuck do you not realise that's messed up? There are very, very few countries around the world that get away with this sort of stuff

You don't really have to do it for one thing.

I used to sit out the pledge all the time unless I was feeling particularly patriotic that morning.

american kids choose to do it
north korean kids have to do it

I went to a all black school and if anyone stood up for the pledge they got laughed at.

I had to stand up because I was in a NJROTC officer uniform

it's a bunch of words like an anthem i don't see how it's on the all encompassing level of nk

I went to a high school in the inner city, only about 3 other people in my class would stand for the pledge. People would talk loudly during it as well.

Are you implying that the education system isn't itself a form of brainwashing?
Everyone complains about the pledge but it's barely brainwashing compared to other shit in public schools

We actually allow the kids to think differently than what the pledge says.
Seriously, it's just a ritualistic thing that early education goes through. Most kids don't give a shit what it means, nor can they understand it fully before they stop having to do it entirely in Junior High.

>haha w-were just patriotic
>we only did it once a month t-though

I never said it, a teacher once asked why. I explained to her I'm not a unitedatatian and find it aimless.
Seriously you all look like retards doing it.
Inb4 go back, build wall, etc
Cry more.

There were also those fedora kids who said the whole thing minus the under god part. And that one central asian muslim kid who replaced it with "under allah" not even meeming
Hahaha what a faggot

You're free to not recite it and many kids often do with no consequence

Good on you, brother.
I'm sure your negro friends wish they're feet fit your boots today.

You don't have to do it, many schools don't even do it I think
You will get dirty looks if you don't do it, although nobody really cares in the end unless you are burning the flag or something.

In NK you get sent to a camp if you don't do it

Its not a metaphor and its not a big deal, its just to instill loyalty to the country from a young age, its as much brainwashing as parents imprinting their political beliefs on their children

funny thing is those niggers are probably moderately successful now and user posts on online anime imageboards

And its lies. In my time in the US I went to something like 8 schools and they all said it daily

you're peer pressured to do it.
And I've also been in schools where they force you to pledge you wont do drugs or drink and will abide by all laws.
If it's not indoctrination I don't know what is.

>tfw bullying the edgy kids who refused to say the pledge

>tfw laughed at the edgy cucks who said the pledge

We used to pledge the flag every wednesday, but in my case it was everyday because i studied in a Military school.

I don't see what is wrong with it. It supports American values of "liberty and justice for all."

No one said the pledge out loud except for this autistic kid, but no one sat down during it except for this supreme edgelord who probably posts on /r/SandersForPresident now.

boo hoo I was peer pressured

Yes, your fellow students are going to look at you funny because you don't like your own country (and their country, for that matter). But nobody is holding a gun to your head. If you don't want to say the pledge because of your fifteen year old political convictions which I'm sure are very principled and intelligent, then you are 100% capable of doing so.

>And I've also been in schools where they force you to pledge you wont do drugs or drink and will abide by all laws.
Sounds horrifying. I bet they also told you not to smoke cigarettes and bully

don't get me wrong I never cared what my peers thought so I never did.
>bet they also told you not to smoke cigarettes and bully
They did! Fuckers, I'm still angry.

Weekly and optional

We didn't do this here

in my school (filled with basketball-americans) they announced the pledge over the intercom and told people to stand. no one ever did. i didnt either

We didn't do it here, at all. I thought it was a meme

>did the black power salute once during the pledge
>got away it
>mfw

They don't go to worker camps if they refuse to do the pledge

Neither do NK children.

to contrast with some other American posts in this thread, i can confirm that reciting the pledge everyday does in fact turn you into a thoughtless, patriotic, brainwashed robot.

i recited the pledge everyday throughout all my public schooling and i can assuredely say that i would die for my country at the earliest opportunity. i would do anything to see America prevail gloriously while the rest of the world is crushed under our boot of liberty and divine privilege. beep boop

>be an immigrant
>be forced to pledge loyality to a foreign country

Yeah they do
You get sent to worker camps for denying the great leader

Yeah that was always awkward as shit watching the foreign exchange kids stand awkwardly during the pledge and look down at their shoes.

This one Polish guy that everyone bullied was beat up one day for not saying it. These pieces of shit gave him a red white and blue after class (that's where they hit you in the face until you get a black eye and one of your teeth pops out and you're bleeding)

It was sad as fuck when they took him to the hospital. But that was highschool, ruff place ruff times.