Spent 4 weeks in Europe

>Spent 4 weeks in Europe
>7 cities
>Didnt encounter a single person who was overtly anti-american, or anti-me I guess
>Bars, clubs, restaurants, public transportation all filled with pleasant people when they spoke english.
>Got offered drinks from natives multiple times and spent whole nights with groups of natives showing us places to eat and drink.

Im sure some werent big fans of me, but not once did I notice it. And I went there with the impression that many people were going to dislike me so i was looking for it.

Did I get lucky? is unilateral American hate just an Sup Forums thing? Were people just pretending?
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jK46EMgz9U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People are generally pretty passive. Especially in regards to strangers.

Yuropoors have been domesticated by muslims at this point and don't often lash out. I bet quite a few of them passively hated you on the inside though.

I get that.. but 4 weeks of nothing.
Idk, maybe my expectations were just too low

Europeans have aspergers, they won't say anything to your face.

We don't hate you on an individual level man, just your country's foreign policies and culture erosion of globalisation in general, and if you come in groups and act like you're better than the natives, that also rubs people the wrong way

side note. I was bummed I didnt make it to croatia. I wanted to go to Hvar or Zagreb

Not trying to offend, but normal people in other parts of the world don't give a damn about USA or Americans at all, let alone all the time to develope some sort of anti-americanism sentiment.
So hill out bro, no one hates you.

Hvar would be a much better choice just expect to be ripped off, well ripped off in our standard for you that's a tad on the expensive side.

Ill probably be back in Europe next year, Ill keep that in mind

none taken

Fuck what anyone says OP. Has nothing to do with your race. You're a different person and bring a different energy to the table so your experiences should be different

I d say most of people are not that retarted to hate you just for being from US , unless you start spewing typical Sup Forumsbanter from the get-go

I mean , you are fucking tourist, as long as you are polite and don't act obnoxiously you are welcomed.

Prague was fucking awesome senpai.

ya I get that, I just figured most people's attitudes would have started out at least negative towards me when I first met them.

I lived in Russia for an entire year (from late 2013 to late 2014). And in that entire time I only had three instances of blatant Anti-American sentiment.

tourists stand out so much, and everyone likes or atleas tolerates tourists cause they bring in money.
If you tried to live there you would get some shit but majority of people just dont give a fuck

Damn. Im assuming you speak Russian though right?

At the time just enough to make myself understood. The only times were drunk people and some teenagers trying to impress a girl by talking shit about the States.

Have you been in Barcelona?

If you're polite and friendly, and don't act overtly aggressive or patriotic, then Yuros are generally pretty mellow people. Had a blast there when I went the summer after college graduation.

I have not. unfortunately I didnt get to Spain or Portugal on that trip

>americans crave attention so badly that they'd rather people hate them than not give them attention
Is it really so hard to accept that if you're a decent human being then most people will get along with you just fine, regardless of nationality?

I went to Europe about 3 years ago, they were pretty polite with me. I visited France, Swiss and Italia, nothing to complain about, unless the bad smell at the neighborhood I was in Paris.

>youtube.com/watch?v=-jK46EMgz9U
Are you Trigglypuff?

>rather have people hate them
The fuck are you talking about. I'm very happy with my experience. Couldnt have gone much better.

Also Sigtuna was amazing, Stockholm was alright, Skansen was sick.

Are you a drugdealer then?

I think thats the point hes trying to make... Do you wake up autistic or make a concious effort to develop it throughout the day

No, it's just part of being Swedish I'm afraid.

nope..

> some teenagers trying to impress a girl by talking shit about the States.
Did you teach him why 'Murica won the Cold War?

>actually being surprised by this
The only countries where I've ever encountered cunty anti-Americans when I visited them were Germany and Austria. Oh and one fucking French lady but that was right after we invaded Iraq so I'll let it pass.