>Vosotros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvpHJIX8qqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>con mis amigos

>ustedes

>go to HS in southwest
>spanish classes didn't even bother teaching vos
Is it like that everywhere in the country?

CHI

>castellano

CA

Yeah, the only place in the world that uses Vosotros is Spain

NO

Si
t. New York and Massachusetts

>chu
>toé

STE

I wasn't sure if places further up north would teach it since technically it is part of Spanish and it's not like they'll be interacting with many Mexicans anyway.

what the fuck

It's not so much the geography of it, but mainly just them teaching the most widely spoken Spanish in the world. If it were flipped and Latinos said Vosotros and Spaniards said Ustedes, they would teach Vosotros.

>ojala
>speaking arabic

My teacher taught me vosotros. Really not that hard psh familia. Plus, as a Southerner it pretty much is a grammatically correct equivalent to "y'all" so it's a bit more natural in terms of thought.

I don't know how the fuck or why the fuck a language wouldn't have a separate second person plural.

lel, I didn't know the etymology of that word

>Ojalá, from the arabic لو شاء الله , pronunced law sha'a Allah, that means "If God wills"

CHI

Well, 'ustedes' is a 2nd person plural. Just the formal one.

Sudacas trigger us beyond imagination with their 'ustedes' because it's retarded to use the formal one in informal situations.

Hello, I'm learning Spanish and my friend told me the Spanish dialect is dirty and guttery sounding, the Argentinian one unintelligible and the Mexico City one to be the easiest to understand.

Please explain.

There are a variety of accents within Spain too, you know. Anyway, our grammar, vocabulary and etc is obviously the best.

Everywhere in Sudacalandia is either 'wea','dale', 'no mames', 'vale verga' and/or syntactically incorrect and grammatically appalling.

>dale
youtube.com/watch?v=MvpHJIX8qqM

Does this trigger you?

CHI

LE

Wena coches

>it's retarded to use the formal one in informal situations.

And yet when they talk about their parents they say "mi papá" that sounds childish as fuck.

>There are a variety of accents within Spain too, you know

Yep, being to Calpe and barely understood some of the locals.

My high school didn't give two shits.
t. Georgia

Are all Spaniards queers or do you just all have a speech impediment? I cannot stand the lisping.

How do you pronounce think?

some fucking argentine literally """""corrected""""" me for calling them usted a few years back

why are argentines the most savage spanish speakers on Sup Forums?

>them
>usted

Explain.

If you really wanna know, its because most of us are normies just fucking around. We are just like Australians though our banter is nowhere near as good as them so we end up looking like retards, its fun honestly. Also

CHI

this wasn't even on Sup Forums

I was at my grandma's house in Aguascalientes and she was a tourist. Asked me where the Temple of San Antonio is or something, and I said usted at some point in my answer. She stopped and asked me if I meant vos. I am conflict averse and said yes, but fantasized about being mean to her for the next few hours.

sorry I go to a US university, I'm cucked and use gender neutral pronouns as a default. SHE

Holy shit this, I never understood that.

>She stopped and asked me if I meant vos
I would have laughed in her face if that happened to me

WHAT THE FUCK I JUST LET AN ARGENTINE CORRECT ME AGAIN IN A DIFFERENT GOD DAMN LANGUAGE

JUST

vos isn't even a different version of usted, it's a different version of 'tu'.

But what exactly did you say? Otherwise we cant tell if you were actually wrong, also youre not really a ladies man, are you?

"voseo", "ustedeo" and "tuteo" are 3 forms of the same thing

what? usted is formal, tuteo and voseo are not.

>Hola tio
>Como éstas tío
I'm not your fucking uncle