Other urls found in this thread:

danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1680687
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I will buy the 1700 or 1700X

suck my cock OP

>lel poorfag he can't afford intel

>lel poorfag he can't afford ryzen 7 series

which is it my shill friend

They didn't have a ball to drop in the first fucking place.

Also... WHY the fuck does there need to be 400 threads about a shitty AMD release...

b-but you only need 4 cores for gayming

Annnnnnnd AMD on suicide watch. Someone need to get in contact with Logan to see if has not offed himself.

one for each core

Bulldozer 2.0

i don't get how people think a bunch of pajeets and chinks can make something better than based Intel or Nvidia. AMD FAGS BTFO

Is this the official Intel shill support group thread? We'll be okay, bros. We'll be okay...

no it's a thread celebrating AMD's shitty death.

You can blame the delay of lower core parts on their crazy high yields. Seems that GloFo has learned their lessons from Polaris.

>anti ryzen thread
>pro ryzen threads
>pro ryzen RAM threads
>post modern pro ryzen masked as anti-ryzen threads

well, at least it made a splash big enough

i wonder how crysis 3 scales on this shit

Nah but a decent top end gpu helps.

yeah you can tell by how the XFX GTR has atleast 40% better efficiency than the rest of the RX480 counterparts

OP is a fucking moron for not wanting AMD to bring competition in pricing for CPUs. Intel has been making shitty snail paced improvements for obscene prices.

this
I hope there will some competition in the consumer market soon or otherwise we will keep seeing nothing new at all for years

The first CPU company to make their product into a pretty anime lady, the first I will buy.

Which is AMD with Amada Kokoro

danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1680687

Dat 65w TDP...

I can't decide between the silky efficiency of the 1700 or the raw nastiness of the 1800X in a loop.

Holy shit

Pack it in guys, AMD has won. Intel BTFO. His post proves it.

The 1700X is made for people like you (and me) who couldn't decide between the 1700 and the 1800X.

I just couldn't spend the extra $100 for .2 clock speed knowing all else is the same. Plus I'll overclock out the box and assuming both will hit +-4.5ghz. That's $100 torward my h110i.

...You could have bought an actual eight core CPU for a little more than that user...

underrated

Actually, it is 2 threads per core.

Um, no. AMD doesn't do real HyperThreading because that's Intel's technology. They still have the shitty module design and the poor IPC that comes with it.

My brain will look at the 1700X as a compromise between the two and I wouldn't be happy.

I either want a whisper quiet, power sipping, cold as a cucumber efficiency on overload desktop.

Or all out mad scientist MOAR POWAH full motherboard, full GPU dual looped, JUST on the other side of stable lunacy.

they can't release 6C variants right away because they first need to build a stock of faulty 8C ones to make them

Then buy a superior i7-6900K or the better overclocking i7-5960X

HyperThreading is a marketing name, you fucking retard. Its SMT. Intel does not own SMT. Intel did not invent SMT.
Zen is an SMT arch that executes two threads per core.

Because Ryzen multithreading is vastly superior, no matter the price point.

Jim Keller sure is a chink pajeet mix.

This is just my amd build bbay gurl

The difference between the 1700X and 1800X is so negligible, given that both can clock themselves as high as they can given the cooling available that I don't really understand the point of the 1800X. I was mighty tempted by the 1700 myself, but ended up going 1700X. 95W TDP isn't too much compared to the energy hungry Intel chips, anyways.

How dense can a motherfucker be?

>Ryzen 5 Q2
So basically R3 comes Q3, so R3 are actually the APUs or what?
Otherwise this dosent make any sense, because R3 would be obsolete the moment it is released.

They can launch it in later Q2. Q2 is 1 month away.

You retard, Simultaneous Multithreading isn't owned by any single company. According to Wikipedia, that shit's been around since the late 1960s.

I'm gonna build a computer with a Pentium G4560 in a month, should I do that or wait for Ryzen's equivalent?

It has a better upgrade path and platform, so go for it

I don't get it, AMD released the best stuff first. What's wrong with that?

>better upgrade path than AM4
>when Zen+ will also be on AM4
>when 1151 is dead and the top end is only Kaby Lake quad cores
Don't lie to the poor child.

I still don't know if I should upgrade my overclocked 3570k

You're gonna have to quite a while for the Ryzen equivalent (2H 2017).

>Paying 1,000 for a shitty CPU

LaughingOutLoud

>better upgrade path than AM4
i7-7700K >>> Ryzen 7 1800X at games
>when Zen+ will also be on AM4
And it will still fall short of Kaby Lake's IPC because AMD always fucks up
>when 1151 is dead and the top end is only Kaby Lake quad cores
Nope, Cannon Lake will have six REAL cores and be on the same socket. Better upgrade path, try again AMDrone!

i doubt that amd would release as whole major part of their lineup so close to the weakest retail period of the year and also pretty close to their other competing budget entry cpus unless they cant avoid it.
But who really knows.

Why are you intel fanboys so mad?

AMD only released a cpu for half the price of an intel $1000 and more performance.

Also AMD stock is going up.

You need to shitpost harder, shill.

I dunno man. Intel changes sockets way too often. AMD promised to stay on AM4 until DDR5 arrives IIRC.

Trying to jew a poor guy, come on shill

>8 vs 4 cores
Depends if you want a processor about twice as fast in multi-core.

>i7-7700K >>> Ryzen 7 1800X at games
0 evidence. In reality, i7-7700K will likely be "better" for games using 4 or fewer cores, the R7 1800X will be "better" for games using 6+ cores. Of course in reality almost every gamer is GPU limited anyway so it makes little difference.

>And it will still fall short of Kaby Lake's IPC because AMD always fucks up
We already know Ryzen's IPC is around Kaby Lake level.

>Nope, Cannon Lake will have six REAL cores and be on the same socket. Better upgrade path, try again AMDrone!
Nope, Cannonlake will be for mobile/low-powered parts. You're thinking of Coffee Lake, which'll be a 6 core version of Kaby Lake on the mainstream socket. So basically Kaby Lake-E but without needing the "enthusiast platform". Shame AMD got there much earlier and with 8 cores instead.

Its ok Intel cock suckers, you can buy our Ryzen cpu's. We wont get mad. We wont tell anyone.

>DOA
Just RMA it you doofus

>more performance
according to fake AMD benchmarks (their trademark btw)

>fake AMD benchmarks

You shouldnt be mad just because your mom didnt buy you an i7 for gaymen

>So basically R3 comes Q3, so R3 are actually the APUs or what?
Spot on, the yields they are getting are good enough that they wouldn't have enough faulty dies to sell as 4c R3's. Thus the dedicated 4c APU lineup that will cater for that high volume market segment

The FX-4300 existed even when the A10-6800K was around
AMD plays stupid games and wins stupid prizes

Coffee Lake won't even be in 1151

Nope, the APUs are Raven Bridge, not Ryzen

No new sockets until 10nm comes out.

>the yields they are getting are good enough that they wouldn't have enough faulty dies to sell as 4c R3's
They simply can't get wafers fast enough.

2066 is right around the corner

That's the 2011-v3 replacement, moron

mmmk, still no Bristol Ridge in retail?
I want to experience bulldozer before zen, should still be an upgrade from my core 2 quad

>the CPUs are Summit Ridge, not Ryzen

>Nope, Cannon Lake will have six REAL cores and be on the same socket

You're a little behind the times, my Hebrew friend.
Cannon Lake is stuck in mobile territory until at least early 2019 in the absolute best case.

A little of that, Launch the r7 first as the market leader and build more hype. Then build inventory for poor people processors once the sales drop off. Doesn't need to be defect dies at that point, can start chopping up healthy ones if there's demand,

I don't know why AMD bothered with Bristol Ridge.

Summit Ridge is the HEDT platform name
Ryzen is the product line
Zen is the core architecture

Raven Ridge is the platform name for their new APUs

Because they told investors they were going to sell 630,000,000 Carrizo chips

probably easy tweaks they could do quickly
it could be low end competing with Pentiums
i3 nowadays are popular, I don't know why AMD does not want to compete there with upgradable platform.

so all that shilling as if it were to be released in the near future and it gets pushed off til "some time in Q2?"

>Because they told investors they were going to sell 630,000,000 Carrizo chips

In what universe would that be possible?

Well, to be fair, I have a friend a Carrizo laptop for a facebook machine. HEVC support is nice.

I got a 1700X that will be cooled by my H100i. I suspect that it will boost to 4GHz with XFR natively. But I also got a B350 mobo, so I may just OC it with multiplier bumps too.

In a universe where they flood South America and China with parts for several years. They've had plenty of OEM PCs with Carrizo and Bristol Ridge since they each launched, even Dell has been selling a bunch.

can't wait until they release some lower end, low power chips so i can have a tiny shitposting machine that isn't itself pure shit like those chink atom based ones.

Why should I buy the 1800X if I can buy the 1700X and OC it to the 1800X speeds?

most of the time you only need 1 desu senpai.

serious answer: nobody knows
1700 might be terrible binned as is
1700x might not go beyond 4.0
1800x might have full amd OC potential
chips sure are unlocked but nobody knows how far they can go yet

if 1700x can be as fast as 1800x what's the point of 1800x? for people that don't OC at all?
something is hidden there

you could say the same thing about the 1700. i don't understand amd's plan here. i'm sure the lower binned 1700 can't be so bad it won't be able to overclock by like .6 ghz

Are all of you dipshits just discovering clock binning just now?
Jesus Christ.

What about Vega? Would be neat if both were to come out in Q2.

Most games from 2008+ literally don't run on 1 core processors.

rumored may, with polaris refresh
realistically early june

Last thing I heard related to this is that the 1800X are getting cherry picked wafers or something, giving it every chance of going way above stock speeds. The other reason obviously is to give some money to AMD. If you're a jew and just want best for your buck that's one thing, but getting a bit better product and giving some extra money to keep AMD bringing out good products is real important.

>eastern europe
>just want to replace my athlon x2 250
>waiting for ryzen 6 months now
>now AMD is forcing me to wait even more

if this is true then fuck it. im going pentium. fucking pajeets drinking the jewing your customers kool aid.

bullshit if they don't.

most games from 2006 barely run on 1 core cpus
heck I had athlon64 in 2006, it was hell, still have vivid 14fps memories about it

this reminds me, everyone was like "you don't need not dual core, games are shit" parroting back then
some things never change

>i get how jews get angry that people out do them.

The 1700 actually has lower TDP tho

There won't be a Polaris refresh, just most likely rebrands into the RX 500 series, since AMD doesn't need to dump a bunch more money into design, validation, and manufacturing for low to low-mid cards.

Vega 11 and 10 will span from below GTX 1070 levels to who knows how high, while Polaris 10 and 11 will get shifted into the RX 570/560/550/... slots.