Ultimately, the approach could allow non-coders to simply describe an idea for a program and let the system build it...

>Ultimately, the approach could allow non-coders to simply describe an idea for a program and let the system build it, says Marc Brockschmidt, one of DeepCoder’s creators
>DeepCoder uses a technique called program synthesis: creating new programs by piecing together lines of code taken from existing software – just like a programmer might.

>newscientist.com/article/mg23331144-500-ai-learns-to-write-its-own-code-by-stealing-from-other-programs/

Are you feared Sup Forumstards? It seems like your jobs which captured by pajeets will soon be replaced by the ML algorithms

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse507/16sp/calendar.html
homes.cs.washington.edu/~bornholt/post/synthesis-for-architects.html
cplusplus.com/forum/articles/11153/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How is this different from describing what the programm should do in code?
If anything it's worse.

To design software you need fine control, this is the opposite.

I guarantee the code it generates is better than the efforts of most lego-code webdevs and indians.

Summon the Rajah Vishnu!

the average idea for a program that a non coder would have has probably already been made by someone somewhere

>be in 2071
>Have a small startup
>Finally managed to buy a DieeilpKk000dr©®™ license
>Also buy a Sm04aArtM3k®©™ to start my car business
>Struggle with the Sm04aArtM3k®©™ software but 5 hours later I have a prototype
>It's my prototype and it looks good.
>My prototype.
>Fire up DieeilpKk000dr©®™ and see that the license is expired, So I buy another one for just 585000$
>"hey software, can you make software for my smart car, pleaaaaaaase?"
>Wait a few minutes
>It's done.
>Upload it to my car's mainframe
>Start it up
>Crashes into the house at the other side of the street at 70 Eurometers
>Die.

> Sm04aArtM3k®©™ will require to increase wage because of new taxes for AI and robots introduced by government

At this point aren't you better off using some point and click development like Salesforce where you can then add custom code if needed?

>But he doesn’t think these systems will put programmers out of a job. With program synthesis automating some of the most tedious parts of programming, he says, coders will be able to devote their time to more sophisticated work.

Right in the fucking article.

make a calculator
>outputs windows default calculator

make a piece of software that displays my pet on a map using coordinates sent from a gps device attached to him
>what gps device model?
cheap no-name chinese model no. K6100-X3
>unknown model. describe protocol.
it sends its coordinates to an ip address i can configure using HTTPS
>do you want me to also create the server software listening for these HTTPS requests?
yes
>what are the characterstics of the requests?
they're json encoded
>what fields should i parse?
"lon" and "lat" in the root of the object
>what should i do in case of bad json?
ignore it, but remember how many times in a row you've been unable to parse the information. if you reach 10 minutes without any fresh data, display a warning in the client
>how do you want the warning to be displayed?
a red box with white text in it, displayed OVER the map

>tfw you have to describe your program in such great detail it would be more effective to just write it in program code

if this would only work for simplistic programs that already exist, what's the point?

>simply describe an idea

Yeah, good luck with that.

Only proper way to make software:
- randomly make something.
- show client, he gives feedback.
- make some changes.
- show client again, more feedback.
etc.

No client has EVER come up with a good design because normies have no idea what they want.

It was announced just to calm normie coders. The same theme was with gene therapy and using CRISP9 technology. Scientists get tired of bullshit stories and fears of public which make government to suspend researches and therefore scientists are currently repeating stories that "gene therapy will not change the essence of mankind and we make it just for local researches"

>make a calculator
>>outputs windows default calculator

That's efficient tho

If AI can write code like a software engineer then the loss of programming jobs will not really be an issue.

The END OF THE WORLD on the other hand...

>soon be replaced by the ML algorithms
Not gonna happen, learn 2 halting problem.

Also, as the layers of abstraction increase, people will just use program synthesis to generate boilerplate and utilize the productivity gains to build increasingly complex and and all-encompassing programs.

>Are you feared Sup Forumstards? It seems like your jobs which captured by pajeets will soon be replaced by the ML algorithms
Not really, no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel's_incompleteness_theorems

Maybe it's like home 3D printing: Not really suitable for commercial products but individual stuff werks.

Exactly.

Read the book Literate Programming by Don Knuth. In it, he casually programs by describing in english what he wants and a set of macros plus interpreter put it all together. By macros I mean Common Lisp style macros, where you change arbitrary words like 'activate-interface' to launch an entire new program to do so.

Now sit in your easy chair with a pipe and hack amazon echo to feed voice commands to your literate programming interpreter. "Bring up the main interface, and parse for UK connections. Route any UK connections to the netflix UK router table" and magic happens.

There's no real AI in this article, the actual AI is known as Programming Synthesis courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse507/16sp/calendar.html

>DeepCoder uses a technique called program synthesis: creating new programs by piecing together lines of code taken from existing software – just like a programmer might.

Pajeets are finito

oh shit they replicated the mind of an indian

Anybody interested this is the current state of program synthesis research and what realistic outcomes can happen from it homes.cs.washington.edu/~bornholt/post/synthesis-for-architects.html

>that screenshot

who cares if an AI can write Javascript. the less web devs the better

if programmers are replaced we're at a point where occupation can't matter

You just explained exactly what it does.
They describe something, it comes up with something random from bits of code.
They give feedback, it changes it a little bit, shows them, changes it, ect.
And yes, people are still going to come up with bad programs that don't do what they want because they don't know what they want so they'll ask you to do it for them or buy an app of it because they couldn't figure out how to install it. It's like when people need something installed on their computer, plug it into computer, put in installation program, click buttons, it werks. People still get paid to do that and make a living off it.
I'm just surprised it's microsoft working on it. I figured it was going to be google that figured this out first. Microsoft version will probably be very limited and end up being just a voice command input system to open the app store and start apps.

>describe an idea for a program and let the system build it
yes, we know high level languages and compilers exist
anything new?

cplusplus.com/forum/articles/11153/

What if it accidently steals from GNU licensed programs? Can it differentiate the code?
Does this "ai" have to output programs in GPL in order to avoid legal issues?

Layer upon layer upon layer of old decrepit poorly programmmed shit being tacked together to create new programs that are then used to create another layer of programs

After 15 years nobody has a fucking CLUE how any given program works. It literally takes a team of computer engineers and scientists months of ripping the program apart and studying the individual pieces just to get an inkling of what it's really doing.