Google’s new project aims to clean up comment sections

github.com/conversationai/perspectiveapi/blob/master/quickstart.md

$ curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" --data \
'{comment: {text: "what kind of idiot name is foo?"}, requestedAttributes: {TOXICITY:{}} }' \
commentanalyzer.googleapis.com/v1alpha1/comments:analyze?key=YOUR_KEY_HERE
{
"attributeScores": {
"TOXICITY": {
"summaryScore": {
"value": 0.9014498,
"type": "PROBABILITY"
}
}
},
"languages": [
"en"
]
}

Can they write something to clean up Sup Forums? That would be awesome.

Just run the same thing they use on r9k, literally prevents double posts

Why else would you think they hired moot?

That would be great!

Delete all posts with Toxicity 0.90 and below!

this fucking shit is literally 1984
wait until they include it in texting softwares enabled by default and idiots eat it up as "improved autocorrect"

This wouldn't have happened if you all voted for Hillary like told you to.

>"Fucking google and their spying I hate their shi-...."
This comment has been deleted by Google New Perspective Anti-bullying API

No, it would have happened way quicker and there would be no opposition in fear of dying to the neo-stasi police

All the better to stop nazi scum like you

Dude it is like people should be able to moderate their own site or something

There is nothing legally wrong with this tool. Private companies act like individuals, and an individual can self censor. Whether a human being censors a comment or it is automated, it's legally a ok.

How do we stop this?

Ditch google.

Hit them where it hurts: their wallets

IDs would fix up shilling real quick. No more samefagging replies and making the opposition look stupid.

how? I mean how? I feel so attached to google.

Hosting my own email server and fwding/fetching my gmail is the obvious next step but jesus I use oauth basically everywhere because it's so convenient. And a replacement for google search and google maps? Nothing even comes close to either of those services imo. I guess that's the price I pay for my convictions. Fuck me.

Id wouldn't fix as much as you think. The damage would be far worse.

Your own email server is worth it. Startpage and searx are good alternatives to Google and I'm currently researching alternatives to maps.

>nothing comes close to being a slave, I guess that's the price i pay for my convictions

Ditch you gmail. The service is shit anyways.
It's no more convenient that logging in like normal.
Literally any other search engine? Bing Maps are fine, gotta be other alternatives too.

Honestly is. I'm gonig to have to switch servers for my mail server soon. Curious on what process you used for setup? Used iRedMail years back but good to hear feedback.

iRedMail with nginx. Apache was fine and didn't cause me much trouble but i wanted to change it up and haven't worried about going back.

>Dude it is like people should be able to let the skypes moderate their own site or something

they still don't know why. In fact they don't remember hiring him and he goes with a cap and sunglasses from time to time to use the washing machine on campus avoiding eye contact as much as he can.

Fair enough, I would give nginx a shot if I wasn't stuck in my ways with Apache. Does iRedMail still "need" a fresh installation? Able to get by on existing system?

I fresh install every time i had to. I like to dban my drives, paranoid like that. Good luck, enjoy the freedom my friend.

I'll see how I fare installing on an existing system. Shouldn't be too hard transferring the backups either.

I only wish I could've known this long ago when I setup my hotmail. Everything is tied to it sadly making it a week project to move everything over atleast.

That's honestly the most daunting bit. It took me a while to move everything. At the same time i updated passwords so everything is different and stored in keepass.

Two birds with one stone, not a bad idea. Keepass is amazing, before I just stored passwords for servers/emails/accounts in a text file and used Chrome. Great to have it under one roof and off the botnet.

I think it's going to be interesting to try and evade their spam filter
If it is exposed like a public API, you can just run fuzzing attacks with """"toxic"""" opinions worded differently or with special characters or something
Can't wait to see people talking about gassing kikes with 6 million zero width characters