Libreboot anti-rms/gnu stuff

I haven't looked at this in a while but yikes! seriously, how does one avoid this?

libreboot.org/gnu/

>you will be persecuted for your beliefs to the fullest extent of the morality of the now

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/why-not-gnu/
libreboot.org/gnu/
zammit.org/libreboot-screwup.html
apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx
rbt.asia/g/thread/58576495
huffingtonpost.com/d-robert-worley/judicial-activism-and-the_b_2412471.html
ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/fosdem-video/2017/K.1.105/libreboot.vp8.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

These people are the reason some think transpeople are always mentally ill.

>implying

They are always mentally ill.

>transpeople are always mentally ill.
They really are.

>When the transgender employee filed a complaint, they were fired because the complaint was seen as troublemaking.
Okay so what actually happened because I can tell this is 110% bullshit

>A transgender employee at the FSF was being bullied by a transphobic employee.
From what I'm seeing, right now, it is minorities making the trouble.

libreboot is the reason I will never work on a team that has trannies in it.

>Personal statement from Leah: RMS's comments about emacs virgins is especially offensive to me. Not only is it sexist in general (and directed at me, because I don't use emacs), but also offensive towards my sexuality.

What the actual fuck

Identity politics and sexual politics have no place in a tech workplace and when they do it's because they're being used as a spook for other reasons.

That's because they are. There is something wrong with their minds to make them think that their bodies, even when in a fully functional and healthy state, are somehow "wrong". Transgenderism is literally a mental illness.

Even though I think transpeople are mentally ill.
It's wrong to treat them poorly just because they're sick.

There's a difference between treating them poorly and indulging their delusions though. Forcing them to use the right bathroom is not treating them poorly. Using the correct pronoun is not treating them poorly. But in their diminished state, they think it's a personal attack on them.

libreboot.org/gnu/

Wow. Much ado about nothing. Let's examine:
>RMS's comments about emacs virgins is especially offensive to me. Not only is it sexist in general (and directed at me, because I don't use emacs), but also offensive towards my sexuality. His statement implies that men are supposed to have sex with virgin women, and that women only lose their virginity to men. To this day, I've only ever been in lesbian relationships, although I am bi. I lost my virginity to a woman. I find it extremely insulting when someone assumes that I only like men, or that I'm generally interested in men. The woman that I lost my virginity to also happens to be a Vim user, and she is indeed an emacs virgin, like me.
Okay then. Autismus Maximus if I've ever seen it.

>I was trying to be supportive, but I ended up making things potentially much worse for that person in the process. I'm not a hero at all. I apologise to all of those in the community who congratulated for my "courage" after the announcement, because the truth is that I'm a coward. I was hiding behind a wall of false heroism. I'm actually a terrible person, and I did something terrible. To my 2 friends (who I will not name), I apologise. You are both wonderful people, and I really hope you both thrive in life. You both deserve to be happy, and I wish you both well. I still regard both of you as friends, and still think fondly of both of you, even if I don't deserve either of you as friends.
Seems like a very personal issue that would have been better left private.

>We call libreboot's departure from GNU librexit.
Literally nothing.

Guys, this is literally nothing. The FSF is great. Stallman is as important a lunatic as he ever was. And Libreboot is hand-wringing about trans shit because they're a bunch of trap-obsessed autists.

Wow what a joke. What are alternatives to libreboot? I don't like trannycode in my machines

Corebooy, made by the FSF.

*Coreboot

>At the FSF, there is no middle management, no HR and the board of directors more or less only communicates with the executive director.

Topkek, actually wanting the Free Software Foundation to get mired in some pointless Office Space bullshit.

Do you have a source that explains the drama without the beating about the bush with all the SJW jargon? I have no idea what they are talking about there.

>A man pretending to be a lesbian woman is a-ok
>But RMS is the sexist one for making a tame joke.
I want to get off this ride.

this was months ago. search for "libreboot" on r/linux and look at the threads from 5 months ago for details

zammit.org/libreboot-screwup.html

> As one of the main "contributors" to the Libreboot project, I was contracted to work on two chipsets by Minifree.

> Given the recent kerfuffle, and in spite of my vested interest in wanting to continue being paid to continue this important work, I find it necessary to spell out a couple of facts I find important about the libreboot project and the libreboot community:

> 1) I have recently noticed that Leah Rowe is the only person who has git commit access to the website, libreboot.org, and also the only person who has git commit access to the codebase, which has only become a problem recently.

> 2) The codebase is a deblobbed coreboot repository, with patches from libreboot contributors (but committed by Leah), and a bunch of install scripts for ease of use.

> 3) We (the contributors) are not consulted about any of the views expressed on the libreboot.org website when they are hastily published by Leah.

> So, whenever you read "We believe...." or "We say that..." on the lists and websites, Leah has ultimate control of the libreboot project currently. It is clear that this person has been misusing control of the project to spew out irrelevant personal opinions on behalf of the "libreboot community", a singleton group of people consisting of ... yes you guessed it, Leah Rowe.

>very important project
>helps fight the surveillance state
>project lead openly cracks in weird ways

another successful JTRIG op.

>The woman that I lost my virginity to also happens to be a Vim user

wouldn't he ban people for daring to bring up BSD compatibility on the IRC channel?

he did a complete 180 because he's a manchild who thinks the FSF actually gives a shit about whether or not it works with BSDs

You have to be retarded to hire these type of people in the first place. You're just asking for workplace drama that kills productivity.

They ARE always mentally ill. They have a profound version of body dysmorphia and psychosis.It's just that political correctness won't let you say the truth.

Is there any difference between coreboot and libreboot other than libre is core with a script ran to remove blobs?

If you hate transgendered people, then GTFO.

And don't let the door hit you in your fat ass on the way out, shithead.

wow so accepting and tolerant, you should be ashamed of hating the haters, they really aren't doing any harm on you, let them do as they please.
really fires your neurons.

Okay dumbfuck, let's try this again:

If you hate transgendered people, then GTFO.

And don't let the door hit you in your fat ass on the way out, shithead.

Any questions?

>The woman that I lost my virginity to also happens to be a Vim user, and she is indeed an emacs virgin, like me.

Christ almighty, what the fuck am I reading?

>I lost 2 friends, when I made this announcement. And I deserved to lose them. One of them was the person who was fired, and the other was friends with both me and that person.

Faggot not only fucked the project but was abandoned by the same people he was trying to defend lmao

Okay call me when someone gives a fuck

Yeah, I think he opened up a bit after making a shitshow about the GNU Project.

i partially agree, rms takes way too much credit even though he hasnt done programming since the 90s.

however all that other shit is just that, shit. drama that you can ignore and focus on moving forward.

yeah i have a question sir, go back to your fucking reddit sjw bitch, sorry it was a statement really

Sup Forums needs to leave

>although I am bi.

Is it just me or is she(male) just upset that RMS isn't filling her(male) boipucci with freedom?

OP here,

sorry this wasn't supposed to be a Sup Forums based "tannies bad", frankly in a work place, like gays, I shouldn't know and shouldn't have to know (which is why the pronoun thing is the only thing that sticks in my craw) and I understand why any sexual jokes are fireable in the eyes of HR.

anyway I guess the point of the thread was seriously how do you address/avoid this. Like someone goes drama/10 on a project, could this not have been forked in 3 seconds as RMSboot and shunted/bypassed or is this a rockstar solo dev issue with nobody to pick up the project?

not hiring mentally ill people

yes that is ableist i guess if you TALK RETARDED

Honest answer I think the whole thing is radioactive right now which is why nobody wants to fork it because it would just be a good way to get your name dragged through the mud. Once it cools off I think we might see that happen.

libreboot is honestly autism

> blatant corruption.

buzzwords

Explain

This person was hysterical, RMS handled it at well as could be done.

Is there a correlation with mtf trannies and autism?
Because I notice a lot of them are clearly high functioning autistics and have speech impediments even after transitioning.

In principle I agree, but not simply refusing to entertain their claims of belonging to a different gender is not the slightest bit hateful.

I used to be all for the trans community, but then I slowly came to realise just how little evidence there is that this "woman trapped in a man's body" or vice versa is a legitimate thing. The strongest evidence seems to be two MRI studies about brain differences between men, women and MTFs, but the human brain is still poorly enough understood to draw any conclusions from. Besides, the idea that there are biological differences between men and women is anathema to the SJW community.

In the case of the Libreboot maintainer, who claims to be a lesbian, a much simpler explanation would be Ray Blanchard's autogynephilia hypothesis, and to have men engage in sexual fetishism in the workplace, or much worse, women's bathrooms, is absolutely insane.

*but simply refusing

Libreboot is retarded and ""Leah"" Rowe is a joke. There zero professionalism involved in this drama from their side. If this is the future of open source, constant drama over feels and being offended on the behalf of others, the open source community will collapse on itself while Microsoft rubs their hands.

They are.

>Is there a correlation with mtf trannies and autism?
If someone decides to do a study on it you can bet your fucking ass you'll find a correlation.

Socially awkward motherfuckers who think they can get pussy, dick and have a easier time socially by transitioning and thinking that they can get pampered even more than the autism card alone allows. It's ridiculous.

you are getting off topic.
Trans people is a meme made to distract and confuse feminists so they waste their time, don't be a part of this.

>muh sexuality
>mfw

>If someone decides to do a study on it you can bet your fucking ass you'll find a correlation.
You know such a sexist bigot study would never be allowed in ${CURRENTYEAR}, any professionals would have their certifications revoked.

can you really blame RMS for not programming

he's old AF and obviously has something to say (and eat)

>Literally have a mental disorder that causes anguish due to gender dysphoria
It is BY DEFINITION a mental illness. Unfortunately the best treatment we have right now is just letting them be trannies.

>>The woman that I lost my virginity to also happens to be a Vim user, and she is indeed an emacs virgin, like me.
>Christ almighty, what the fuck am I reading?

why is this such a big deal? fork their shit and tell them to fuck the fuck off

That picture literally gave me AIDS and cancer at the same time.

uhhhhh muh dicckkkkkkk hnnnnnnnggg

Why is the FOSS community so autistic? From RMS to Leah Rowe, everyone is so up their own ass and seem to have no social skills.

this is what happens when you get a bunch of unprofessional nerds to do something without supervision

>implying they aren't

>tfw tranny
>tfw shit like this is why I'm in deep stealth
feels good desu

>deep stealth
teach me how senpai

begin transition at 13, be 5'4 and weigh 110lbs, never out yourself to anyone but your partners

Consider informing yourselves before regurgitating prejudice:
apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx

consider going back to tumblr

Why, is this your safe space, darling?

no, this is a freedom of speech space

also do u wan sum fuk

no, it's my safe space, now gtfo
i don't care if you were molested, still gtfo

are you a hot tranny?

>this is a freedom of speech space
>but allows hate speech
That's like the definition of a limited speech space!

Reminder that Sup Forums is a tolerant board.

rbt.asia/g/thread/58576495

are you a hot tranny tho

hate speech is like any other speech including minority supremacism speech

No.

Hate speech != free speech.

Space that tolerates hate speech = not a free speech space

hate speech leads to the opposite of free speech

please, tell me if you're a hot tranny I really need to know

>These people are the reason some think transpeople are always mentally ill.

they are

>petite

why do trannies always choose stupid names

good thing the supreme court has ruled multiple times that hate speech is protected under the first amendment

>tries to force his agenda
fuck off, this isn't youtube

>Wanting to cut off your dick or sew one on isnt mental illness

My point precisely.

The SCROTUS rules politically due to corporate lobbying and Republican instrumentation of the American justice system.

See for example
huffingtonpost.com/d-robert-worley/judicial-activism-and-the_b_2412471.html

reminder that biology is a social construct

>hate speech incites violence
>humans butcher each other since the beginning of tiimes,tfw its literally in out blood
>saying we should act against our nature
>like lgbt fags
maybe there's a connection here

>The SCROTUS rules politically due to corporate lobbying and Republican instrumentation of the American justice system.

hahahahahaha

So you are saying that free speech is protected under the first amendment due to corporate lobbying

ARE YOU A CUTE TRANNY

Either I must've missed it or neither party would elaborate. How exactly was "she" discriminated?

good riddance no one cared about libreboot anyway.

she wasnt and even said that leah shouldnt have spoken out about it without asking her

leah issued a half assed apology but obviously couldnt back out of hating the fsf

noone want to lay her so she tries to change status quo to make herself desireable

ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/fosdem-video/2017/K.1.105/libreboot.vp8.webm

>but her voice is lower than most women's
Don't care. You know what is important? Intel Management Engine and AMD Platform Security Processor, the hardware backdoors that almost every computer has, that have internet access and direct memory access, and that the operating system has no control over. We need to be able to free ourselves from this.

Move on, Sup Forums. Everyone else has.

>no studies
>no sources
>nothing to prove it isn't a mental disorder
wew lad.

But that isn't free speech user. It can't be free speech if it tolerates hate speech. You sound confused.

do any relevant distros actually use this trannymade garbage?

>what is the APA?

by avoiding mentally ill people, i.e. transsexuals.

>libreboot.org/gnu/
>The following people should either resign and/or be fired from the FSF, to be replaced by other people:

I think it's an interesting pattern among feminist/transgender/whatever-the-fuck-wants-special-treatment "activists" that they mainly want to cause the resignation of certain people from their positions.
I think this very clearly shows that very often, these people just have a personal conflict with those people and are trying to assert dominance in the situation.
They don't at all seem to care about finding a solution, thus they demand tolerance while being completely intolerant themselves.

>define free
>not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes

>how does one avoid this?

Dunno. Seems like libreboot was the first project to try to leave the GNU project, and GNU didn't have a procedure for leaving. So they framed it as the maintainer resigning and forking her own project, before deciding that libreboot was new enough to GNU that leaving made the most sense.

But it's not obvious how some GNU project that's been part of GNU for years could leave.

This has nothing to do with copyright assignment though – GNU projects don't have to assign copyright to the FSF.

why is nobody answering my question, does anybody FUCKING use this shit?