Who /Hackintosh/ here...

Who /Hackintosh/ here? Been running ElCap for a long time now but I was using the legacy BIOS boot which fucked a bunch of stuff up.

So I bought a BCM94630 for WiFi and Bluetooth for continuity features between my iPhone, wiped my drives, flashed my UEFI to fix a few Hackintosh bugs, installed Sierra with proper UEFI boot and SMBIOS/NVRAM values and god it feels good to have a 100% functioning build.

Sleep, Handoff, iMessages, Apple Watch unlocking all work 100%. Fuck this is incredible.

Other urls found in this thread:

insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306320-guide-dual-boot-with-windows-10-and-clover-legacy-or-uefi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was actually thinking of wiping linux and doing a hackintosh. I already have a macbook. Is it easy?

depends on the hardware of your machine

if its a macbook the answer is yes its easy and you should kys for asking it

im planning on doing a hackingtosh too cause win10 sucks dick and macOS Sierra is superior in every aspect

my hardware is compatible .. im just too lazy to do it

rEFInd is epic bootmanager for UFEI shit, its what I have on my rMBP right now

I didn't make my build with Hackintosh in mind, but it seems I got lucky. ASUS mobos have a bad sleep bug in them with Hackintosh, but a simple BIOS flash fixes that.

My GTX 670 is automatically recognized and has drivers from Nvidia, but my USB3, audio, and ethernet need kexts and injected drivers on boot.

Clover, the bootloader, makes this all SUPER simple, and the Hackintosh community has a lot of tools, guides, and support. So I'll say it's "easy", but definitely YMMV

/thread

Why would you install an unsupported hackjob that could be broken intentionally by apple through a single software update instead of an actual posix-compliant operating system like GNU/Linux?

>Why would you install an unsupported hackjob that could be broken intentionally by apple through a single software update instead of an actual posix-compliant operating system like GNU/Linux?

Isnt osx more supported than Linux? Program wise

I can install patches and updates to my OS without having to run back to my hackintosh forum to see why the whatever.kext thingy longer works.

mSATA SSD so you know it's fast as fuck.

That's pretty awesome OP, I recommend you to buy the new magic trackpad, shit's fucking great.

is this the new about this mac thread

>100% functioning build.

I use a logitech MX master because I own the first gen magic mouse and it was shit. It works on my stomach or leg so it's good for comfyposting too.

I want to get a wireless keyboard too, but I'm too invested in my custom mech build to switch.

I'm technically on mine but I'm booted into wangblows now

i went from win7 to yosemite and never looked back, i got w10 installed on a 2nd ssd just for gaym.

i built my system with 100% compatible parts, and all works perfectly.

pro tip: instead of fucking around to get on board audio working get a usb amp/dac. it'splug & play.

owo

you really are dying for our love arent you?

im dying for your yous

cute

ty

hey tripfag I think you're the one I've been looking for (Mac user that had a lot of kuroneko related stuff), yes?

what can you do for my you's?

?
what do u need

That emote in your name field. Thanks

lol

Built this computer in 2008, added the 750 a few years ago.

I'm happy with it.

If you built that computer back in '08 and you're running a 3570K, what parts are even the same as it were back in '08?

I'd love to but the WiFi options are dogshit. BCM94360 support is awful in Windows and no matter what I'm gonna need to boot back to Windows for gaymes. I thought about trying to port some Intel wifi drivers from FreeBSD to OSX but fuck that effort.

>2008
>3570k

Scratch that, I'm retarded. This was built in 2012. The '08 machine was given away.

get a fucking life you stupid neet

I dunno mate, as much as I hate macfags myself. Hackintoshes seem pretty neat. Could I dualboot with Windows 10 in a Linux-like manner where none of the partitions interfere with eachother unless told to?

I dual-boot Windows 8.1 and Sierra on the same 1TB SSD. Works fine.

can you walk this retarded tripfag through? or atleast point me to some links?

insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306320-guide-dual-boot-with-windows-10-and-clover-legacy-or-uefi/

thanks user!

umm I have a job baka

what's the best way to get a gtx970 working

install using intel igpu, install nvidia drivers and then use the nvidia card?