Guts thread

Guts thread

Who is preparing their case for Ryzen?

>pic related

me too

Progress on the case/build update so far.

How do you like those, those are the AER fans, right? I've never seen them look as as they do in this picture. Most pictures I've seen they look very washed out.

Fuckin lol'd

Kek

I like them. Very quiet and have a lower RPM range then my stock case fans. Pretty expensive but you are paying for the lights and Hue+ connectivity so it is what it is.

Hello Sup Forumsuts

So clean just missing that one PCI slot cover

And another fan. Purple one is starting to get noisy. Do you have plans for your guts or just leave them be like that?

Tasteful RGB usage but that Vardar in the exhaust slot wtf

I tried the diy wall mount setup. Looks like ass but I'll probably leave it like that.

If you're going to do an open air wall setup like that at least do it right. Get some sleeved cables and manage them so they're nice and neat. And do something about that PSU and power cable hanging in the air like that. Your wall is where you hang art, not trash. Jesus Christ.

It would be pretty nice if you could manage those PSU cables and put an acrylic piece over everything.

Probably doing this on the cheap and isn't interested in spending any money.

Not sure if I'd rather go with Ryzen or a 35W 7700T

>Derelique my balls

It looks like someone threw spaghetti at the wall to see it stick.

Think I'll replace these Corsair fans with Noctua NF-P14 PWM Redux next month.
Or should I get NF-P14r instead ?

The Ryzen quad cores should go down to the same TDP. If the 1700 is 65W with similar clocks to the 7700T, you can be sure that the quad cores will run with similar TDP and equal or greater performance.

Hah. Impractical but also fucking cool.

That's what I'm expecting, but i'm going to try to wait and see exactly how they act.
If there's no ryzen ITX board with dual M.2 though I'll probably end up just going with the 7700K though, my next case doesn't support anything but M.2 for storage.

I think you should get me more pictures of that cat

I know its not very good going to get rid of intel and go with Ryzen and acutally have it look good.

Okay.

I still can't decide if I want to go with the slick closed black box that makes 0 sound and has great airflow or the meme tempered glass case with RGBs and ok airflow. It looks so pretty.

I wish I had a cat that fuzzy. Good stuff.

Don't let the meme be a dream

I went full trendy recently.

Extremely comfy Norwegian forest cat.

is there actually a good reason to get msi
from my experience their bios is shit and their gpus arent nearly up there with gigabyte and asus

at least they have msi afterburner

I really like that NZXT cooler, too bad it's HUGE

>that thing
>HUGE
You what ?

literally the build I'd be going for except maybe switch the cpu and gpu. How's the case and Hue+? Is the kraken worth it?

I'm , my case is 4.4L and I'm moving to a case that's 4.25L in april.
Assuming that's the X62, just the radiator and fans is 2.5L relatively it's huge.

should be replacing the analog monitors next Tuesday means I can get rid of the 650, then next cheque after that I'll be getting the 1440p rog swift. Then a 1080 after that

R8?

Bios has all the overclocking options I would want. Only complaints I have is the fan speed section is a little lacking compared to others. That and the cringey gaymer dragon logo they won't drop.

Almost all the 1070 variants are identical not sure what you mean. This one was the cheapest that had matching colors. $344usd

The case is great for it's price. Only complaints I have are the thumb screws aren't threaded the best and the power button is loose.

Hue+ is ok but I feel like if you want someone will come out with a better implementation of the concept.

Kraken is great. Quietest AIO I have used. It's pricey for the temps it gives but it's by far the nicest looking on the market and is only a degree or two off from the H100iv2.

Well if you compare it to a case like that, everything is going to be huge. The radiator on that X62 isn't even a thick as the fans that are mounted on it, nor does it require more clearance than any other average radiator of that size.
Refer to for an actually huge AIO liquid cooler. Not pictured: Pump and res mounted on the end of the radiator adding up to a total length of about 41cm for the entire radiator assembly.

>That and the cringey gaymer dragon logo they won't drop.
But they replaced it with an angry white snake on Krait Edition boards !

yeah not the options but their layout was a bit tasteless imo

After multiple builds and multiple case switches through the years I'm so fucking sick of radiators. I'm about to stick with air cooling only. Not like I'm going for some OC record or some shit anyway.

You're not wrong, but it's still big to me.

>Spare i5 750 system without a cooler.
What's the cheapest watercooling option that won't leak and short everything out?

>Mum let's her "friends" use half the shed as storage
>There's a beige box and CRT
Could make a sleeper.

I was going to get this sort of setup but turned out of stock and I went with the 460X RGB Glass + H100i V2

Worst fucking decision, the H100i V2 is extremely loud because of the fans and the 460X is much more expensive than the NZXT counterpart + dustfilters are shown off so you will need to clean them frequently.

Main point though stock fans on H100i V2 are fucking loud even on 800 RPM so you end up paying as much as you do for Kraken or more in order to get decent fans.

Get Kraken or maybe EVGA CLC

>ooooo burn
>sorry

omg that looks like a black chantilly I had.
>those wings make me want to build a wheel/loom as a raspberry pi project and make a sweater
>this is why we filter air intakes

Nice one, what GPU cooler is that?

Yeah the Krakens stock fans were so good that I bought an extra set to replace my case fans.

GPU? Its just an out of box MSI GTX 1070
If you meant Cpu its an NZXT Kraken x52

I did mean CPU cooler. Whoops.

is micro atx mobo/case good? I figure if it all fits inside of a micro atx case then why not? Does it affect airflow a lot? I really don't think I'll ever get 2 GPUs in there anyway.

>Could make it a sleeper
We're talking about PCs not rice rockets. Who are you going to catch off guard with a PC in a dated enclosure?

The idea is usually thieves.
I just think they look cool.

If you think they look cool that's all you and go for it and enjoy. As far as thieves. I mean I guess? But with decent hardware you're going to have it hooked up to modern or nice things like monitors etc so I think that would give it away. Not to mention the rest of the things you own that may have more intrinsic value like a TV, phone, tablet, or laptop.

Christ they're expensive
>AUD

How do you control the colored logo?

They are cheaper in the US. Rip :(

Lighting, pump/fan speed curves and monitoring are done through NZXTs app. The app is so-so but I hear it's much better than how it was at launch.

does it only do the HUE+ or can you sync it with your mobo, gpu, potential RGB ram, keyboard, mouse, mouse pad...

I think it's only for Hue+ branded products but I could be wrong. I don't have any other RGB headers on my system.

I don't know how far deep I'll go into this RGB meme but I only have the keyboard so far and I'm loving it. Every day I catch myself mirin. If that retarded rgb mousepad ever goes on sale I might just pick it up.

I plan to go with RGB ambient desk lighting at some point this year. I feel like it's the final form

I suggest the 7700t just for the heat factor

Always get a low power processor with a compact build

those chink ones on aliexpress have the dank remotes that will work with any IR receptor so you can put as many as you want and they're really cheap. Also put them really on the side of the desk or else it'll give this weird "all below/above" effect and it's just a waste.

Is that the define R5? Looks gorgeous

R4, just removed the optical drive bay.

What are the two reservoirs connected to?

bump

What would a loop like this cost?

money

kek

Look at all of that wasted space...sad!

It needs an anime figure in it.

LEDs and windows never cease to get my blood boiling.
Useless, gaudy, self-absorbed garbage.

The world was a better place when most computers were beige or gray boxes, functional, on point, not a /fa/shion show.

Do this then.

It looks tolerable even though I dislike the term "sleeper". It's just a normal looking PC. There should be no special word for it.

Then don't use a special word for it. Pretty sure most beige boxes are standard ATX anyway.

Corsair by a mile.

If you have to ask, you probably can't afford it.
If money is an issue at all, you probably can't afford it.

To put it in perspective, entry level custom loops start around 200 dollars. This is for a kit that will only cool your CPU with a single 120mm slim radiator and a cheapo CPU block. These kits are cheaper than buying the parts individually.
Meanwhile, going all out with multiple radiators, nice blocks for both GPU and CPU, hard tubing, Bitspower fittings, and so on, will easily run close to or over 1000 dollaridoos if you're not careful.

>1000 australia-land fun bux
Fuck, why does anyone do it then?
Just a display of wealth?

Hey, same build basically. Is the Hue good?

Why do people spend money on anything ?
Some people do it to get a quiet system. Slap as many radiators in there as they can fit and run fans permanently at 500-800 RPM. Maybe split it into two loops so the pumps don't have to work as hard and be run at lower RPM too. Others do it for the aesthetic. There are performance reasons too, but you see severely diminishing returns here.

Don't be too put off, though. 1000 bucks is pretty high up there on the extreme end. You can put a fine loop together for half that too.

potato camera

I know ;_;

My phone is an original Moto g and I haven't got around to changing it.

My kraken x42 arrived today, I was going to swap the fans out for my noctua ones but reading that im not sure its worth it.

I like it. The colors are vibrant and the software has tons of effects that you could play around with for hours. The software could use some work but overall I would recommend.

Couldn't hurt to try both if you feel like putting the effort in. But the Aer fans are quality so don't get rid of them.

Yep well I just realised my noctuas are 120mm and these are 140 so I will stick with them for now.

I was going to get Ryzen but I already have an overclocked 6700k and I quit my rendering job a weekn ago so literally no need. It's primarily a gaming machine and if I go back into rendering then I'll just build a second PC just for that.

Have you been having any issues with CAM detecting your Kraken? After a reboot mine hasn't been detecting it at all. I don't really want to have to reinstall the software or drivers every time it fails to recognize my AIO.

how do you use anything else than windows? Literally everything I use requires it. It's mostly hassle free desu. I'm always against apple and beats headphones and retarded shit like that and while RGB is kinda obnoxious, I do love the look of it. But the OS? Why go with something that will block me from half the software out there and require most things to take more time?

go to bed, grandpa.

windows =/= Windows

However I do use GNU+Linux exclusively.

What do you do for a living?

Damn it's such a shame that you are being forced to buy a case with a window and rgb. I really feel for you my dude.

I may be a shut in like him but at least I don't spend thousands on garbage

That's what I'm thinking too.
Now I just need to decide if a ~8% performance increase + baby features is worth the $100 over a 6700T

Kaby features*

They're mounted on the back wall. They have integrated D5 pumps on the bottom of them if that's what you mean.

new cooler.

How do you like that case? Ordered one off of amazon to replace my full tower.

p400? its good. some of the thumbscrews were a bit meh when i got them but removing them and putting them back on made it better, if that makes sense. cable management is good, and plenty of space. only potential downside is there are only 2 internal 3.5" hdd slots and you need to get adapters if you want to put more in.