How durable are these headphones? (Audio-Technica ATH-m50x)

How durable are these headphones? (Audio-Technica ATH-m50x)

I want to wear them in bed while I'm sleeping, but I don't want to damage them because they were pretty expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

koss.com/headphones/over-ear-headphones/pro4aa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i just bought a pair on amazon, coming tomorrow, they good?

>wearing headphones while sleeping

What? Why?

Also, sleeping on your back is tge worst amd it should be illegal.

>implying any headphones costing less than 1000$ are not cheap

I have had those and find them relatively solidly built. Kinda uncomfortable due to the thickness and form factor in bed - also did wear them while sleeping and did not break.

Fuck my typing skills too.

If I were a dirty, disgusting, degenerate back-sleeper, I wouldn't be having this problem

But really I can't sleep on my back because pretty much every time I do, I have sleep paralysis.

>pic quite related

Yes, I get sleep paralysis on my back too. Never any hallucinations, though.

I don't usually hallucinate, but I do have vivid lifelike waking-dreams where I get up out of bed and go do stuff, only to reopen my eyes in the real world to find myself still paralyzed

It's super surreal, very disorienting
I'll think I'm up walking around, go into the living room, and see that I have a bearskin rug and I'm like 'that's not right, fuck I'm not actually awake yet am I'

The build quality on those is ok, better than most but some of them creak when moving parts. You really should replace the pads though, stock pads are cancer. For finding good ones, google is your friend.

I got my pair for about 5 years now. Endured the long daily use pretty good I'd say, just had to get some new pads after a few years since those tend to fall apart if exposed to excessive summer sweat.

I've had mine for 4 years. I've had to replace the connector and the pads are in need of replacement as well. I've since upgraded but M50's are solid. If this is your first "good" headphone buy then you won't regret it

The headphone itself is sturdy enough, but the cable protrudes quite a bit and will eventually break off but as it's changable and th ething comes with 3 I wouldn't worry too much.

I just put mine on, laid down, and tried shuffling around a bit like most folks do while sleeping.

They creak like a motherfucker, and the cable, which normally feels pretty capable, felt like it wouldn't hold up to any significant movement. Probably worse was that the factory pads wouldn't stay on my ears at all when I let my head rest on the pillows, but mileage will probably vary there, and some better pads would most likely help.

Overall, 3/10, would not recommend, and it will definitely limit the lifetime of them.
Also, when you roll over one too many times and hang yourself with the cable, I hope you finally get some rest.

it's not expensive.

decent. durable except for the pads. change them immediately after they crack from continuous use.

a little uncomfortable if you have glasses (long use)

Do not wear these to bed you will regret it. If you want a cheap pair for sleeping look up cozy phones. The speakers are large and flat so the audio is clear without becoming a distraction. Sounds like a TV on in the background

So wrong about so much. They're headphones not ear buds. Not designed for laying in bed and the cord shouldn't be under stress. I've had my pair for over 4 years now

>Not having a bearskin rug.

Got the M50 almost 4 years ago, wear them in bed every night for muh ASMR.
They are built like tanks but the pleather wears out after some years.
Either do the socks mod on the pads (I recommend it anyway for maximum comfyness) or buy replacements.

they're durable but not comfortable. would not want to sleep with those on...

Have the M40x's, those are pretty fucking durable headphones user.
I stuff them in my bag everywhere I go, and they are solid enough to withstand the rigors.

Actually sleeping on your back is best for the spine you fucking retard

i thought sleeping on your stomach was the best, but really who does that

I have these headphones. Best I've ever had, but I upgraded from dogshit gamer headsets.

> I want to wear them in bed while I'm sleeping, but I don't want to damage them because they were pretty expensive.
You want this koss.com/headphones/over-ear-headphones/pro4aa
Using it in bed for more than 2 years, droping on the ground when im ready to sleep. They are heavy, but you cant destroy them and if you fuck something up you can disassemble them easily without breaking any shit. Best $99.

I got them for like 2 years. I've done that multiple times and they are perfectly fine.

Enjoy your tinnitus.