Foreigners: what is the best sounding American accent? Are you able to imitate an American accent?

Foreigners: what is the best sounding American accent? Are you able to imitate an American accent?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c2LE6ez3eIc
vocaroo.com/i/s10KhprRYSd1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

valleyspeak doe it is a slang
no

Deffo the southern/Texan accent. Lads sound cool, grills sound sexy and niggers sound scary.

Rural Midwestern. It's like a dignified sounding Southern Accent

Midwestern English accent is the gold standard of understandable and clear speaking English accents.

1) AAVE
2) sure

All sound same.

This

youtube.com/watch?v=c2LE6ez3eIc

ebonics

vocaroo.com/i/s10KhprRYSd1

What is this accent please ?

I can do a decent dixie accent, I've lived there for a year.

Sounds like a chicano trying to do a bad southern accent

this by far. also, no, I can only (badly) into irish, south african and aussie accents. yank, scots and welsh are beyond me.

> tfw lived in Texas my whole life but don't have an accent
i do talk a bit slower than most people though

>what is the best sounding American accent?

The accent that England's brave Carey Grant had - the transatlantic accent. Unfortunately it's more or less dead.

On women though I do like the southern American accent - like Georgia.

Californian's definitely have the shittest voice. Americans talk slow enough as it but they take a year to say anything.
>heyyyyy duuuuuuuude whaaaat's goinnnnng onnnnnn maaaaaannnnnnn?
I swear all of them are high off the bud fumes.

It's funny, because I've never heard a transatlantic accent outside of movies from before the 60s. I don't even know what region it was spoke in

It was never spoken, it was just made for the movies essentially. Plenty of actors probably spoke it in real life but thats because they were taught it. The transatlantic accent was not a natural thing, rather an effort to sound more fancy made by hollywood

Stereotypical new jersey accent is nice but i've never heard it in real life (though I live in nj myself)

>I don't even know what region it was spoke in

It was mostly a learnt accent for American actors as far as I'm aware. A mix between British and American. Though you'll still hear it in modern actors if they're British-American - like Lauren Cohan.

Midwestern

I like how people spoke in MN, it wasn't as noticeable as Fargo but you could notice some Scandi and German influences in terms of phonetics.

There were some pretty sloppily translated German idioms too, such as "come with"

No it's not, the northeast has a far more cosmopolitan and simple accent.

The one from Boston and New York.

I wanna fuck a chick with a valley accent, but I think the Boston accent is the best. I can imitate both a little.

Vocaroo that shit, my man

I really liked the accent in Chicago (but have only been in the north-east and mid-west)
It sounds so American for some reason and I can't explain why.

British englis imho

Girls with american accent just sounds so annoying irl