Did they only invent this shit in order to sell books?

Did they only invent this shit in order to sell books?

Go > D > C++ > Java

>you will never give her the D

It was invented to be a fixed C++ in the way that C++11/14/17/... are slowly attempting to be, but it shat the bed by baking in GC.

They tried to backpedal by adding the 'nogc' directive, but it was already too late by then, since they picked up almost no userbase.

It's a shame, since it could have otherwise been a decent language.

>decent language
>struct and classes instead of stack/heap keywords

What is wrong with you

Considering the severe lack of online resources, I'd say yes, OP.

NEVER learn a meme language

I actually know about language design, unlike almost all other people, including Not-So-Bright.

Now the problem with that if you want a structure to be used as both you have to define it as class and struct. Great job.

>reimplementing C++ ABIs
the absolute madmen

They made it because c++ was such a poorly designed language that it took to the late 90s to get a up to standard compiler.

>a feature I don't like is enough to make it shit for me even if it's just optional and I can disable it at will

Except you can't even use the standard library then.

Why would you wanna disable the GC if not for systems programming and how would you be able to use a standard library for systems programming?

The answer to that, is literal autism.

D was a response to C++ being hard to implement eventhough everyone "liked" it. Everyone was too proud and vain to understand that Ada was the language they wanted, but refused to let (them) tell them how to write segfaults.

Ada is too verbose.

It's really not. Just because it uses words instead of symbols doesn't make a language verbose.

You could browse D's mailing list/forum, or you know, try using it.

>MMXVII
>mailing lists
Did they just defrost those guys?

Don't they know we have stuff like Slack these days?

It's baked in everywhere.
They don't even have normal arrays/vectors, they have GC'd "slices" as their fundamental linear collection abstraction.

And since all of this stuff is opt-out, it violates the entire principle of "don't pay for what you don't use" held dearly by systems programmers.

D is good.

Everyone in this thread confirmed for never coding in it.

Nice meaningless buzzword, my dude.

I did, though.
Gave up when it turned out only DMD can compile about half of the libraries.

Welcome to Sup Forums.

I just want to chime in and say I have been programming a large project 99% in D and it is so nice. Its like a dream.