How do I increase my chances of winning an eBay auction?

How do I increase my chances of winning an eBay auction?

>dont bid until 3 seconds left
>bid your absolute maximum but round up to the nearest $6.78
>rinse and repeat until you get what you want

I've been pretty succesful on eBay. I've found that to increase my chances of winning all I have to do is be willing to pay more than the next guy. Example: Was trying to win an Xbox One S. The highest bid was 150. so I bid $600. I ended up winning the Xbox One s at $543. so I didn't even spend what I was willing to.

u use a sniper

If you put in a higher number, you're more likely to win the item.

Dumb shit.
Set what you're willing to pay and not a penny more. If you win great, if not who cares.

Gixen

>not having different strategies for items of more or less importance

Write a greasemonkey script

>these are the guys we are betting against

>someone is willing to pay more for what you want
>they win
Sniping isn't a thing anymore, there is no strategy.

press the [Buy it now] button

esniper

>ebay
>strategies
you seem like a serious guy, can i invest in your hedge found?

Bid more than anyone else will pay

So if the current bid is $65 and I'm willing to spend up to $75, I should bid $75? And if no one else bids more than $65, I'll only pay $66? Is that how it works?

Yeah.

yes

Yes that's how it works but you don't want to give other anons a chance to up their bid, so hit confirm 4s before the end of the auction.

Did you not know how ebay works before?

I've literally never lost an auction and never payed more than I wanted to

It's an auction, don't get emotionally attached. Write down a max price you are willing to pay for it, and only bid to that limit.

Raise the price 200% higher than the initial asking price.

Misspell what you are looking for, rare chance the mispelled auction doesn't have many bids and you will thus get it cheaper. :^)

I use two accounts to bid the price up to about double what the item is actually worth and then use a script to cancel the bids on the other account at the last second and then autobid with the first account. I normally get things for anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 price this way.

No, the maximum you're willing to pay is irrelevant; you have to bid more than anyone else will.

Increase the bid more than normal. Yes you gotta pay more but that's a way of increasing your winning chance

Literally doesn't work any more unless the seller is fucking retarded and choose a wrong category, too

this. idiots bid early and drive up the price for everyone to stroke their dick and then leave when they go any higher. Just bid at the last second in an amount that's not "round" like 10s 5s.

avoid ending off in 5s and 10s. you'll edge out people thinking like you if you big 76.89 or something like that

kek, does this get you banned? I didn't think you could even cancel bids desu

Share script?

I sniped a pair of HD650's at 2 seconds for $218

Use fatfingers.com to search for misspelled auctions. Thinkpad gets misspelled a lot so you can get auctions listed as Thikpad, ThinPad or ThinkPPad etc.

No, you placed a bid higher than anyone else was willing to pay for them.

I will never get people that sell unopened things on ebay. They reach half price at most.

dont watch the listing
place first bid in last minute and bid again if necessary in last 10 seconds

>Thiccpad

>place first bid in last minute

There is literally no reason to do this unless you want to pay extra.

explain?

>places comfy bid for 99.5$
>gets sniped in last 0.5 second for 99.6$

>round up to the nearest $6.78
Explain

What's to explain?
It isn't a round number.
Most people tend to click buttons for max bids in a panic.
If you put a non-round value as your max bid, they are likely to have a collision with bids that have a max increment, or still be off your max-bid by several cents.

Equally, constantly placing incrementally larger max bids can spook people away because they see the bid number going up rather than the bid price.
Most people give up trying to beat your max bid if it is a weird value that isn't a multiple of 5, after 3~ fails from my experience.

These 2 together can confuse the fuck out of people.
It's hilarious.

Bid $106.78 instead of $100

You've got me interested.

delete this

Bullshit eBay doesn't let you cancel bids with

Not Buy It Now so you don't have to constantly be worrying if you're the top bidder and having to check every five minutes.

It's like you people enjoy being in constant pain.

you do know maximum bids exist, right?

That's what sniping is at the last second so they cannot increase their max bid.

Please be bait.

What makes you think anyone wanted to? They already set the max they were comfortable leaving to pay. Buckling at the last second and paying even more just to get that item you barely even want is a cuck's game.

>HD650
>$218
>Cuck

You're doing well here

Buy It Now is always more expensive than auctions.

Yeah you just put in what your wiling to spend and it auto-bids on your behalf directly from the website

There is absolutely no way to beat this if someone already has more entered there going to win

>always

this is not true at all. there are plenty of times where the item may be auction, and it eventually sells for more than its original buy it now price was.

i mean yeah, most of the time it ends up being more expensive because the seller starts off the auction low and sets the BIN price pretty high but it's definitely not always