If electricity was free ... there'd be no need for botnets anymore

if electricity was free ... there'd be no need for botnets anymore

is this true?!

There's no need for botnets regardless. Period.

Explain that logic to me, OP.

Define "botnet" first.
>Sup Forums
Maybe define "electricity", too.
>Sup Forums

>hardware still costs money
>internet still cosot money

revenue

electricity is the #1 cost you have when you run a big data center ... you need to get that money in .. so you turn it into an advertising botnet aka google

sure but a lot of the cost from hardware and "the internet" comes from electricity ...

removing the costs for it would make everything so cheap you could basically run servers for free after initial cost of purchase + some maintenance and it would get rid of all these bottlenecks you face today you can only escape through advertising, selling data etc

If money grew on trees there'd be no need for lawyers.

What, did you just randomly throw words together?

They would still want to make that money? Why would they stop an inflow of cash?

No its not only the electricity but the material needed to build such a setup and the knowledge/imagination to design one

You mean free as in speech or free as in beer?

>revenue
And that desire stops because of one less cost because...?

huge portion of the material costs are eletricity aswell coming from oil etc

its a never ending chain and would reduce costs for pretty much everything that we can enter a new world

free energy my dudes

I wonder how much of the cost of manufacturing the hardware that powers the internet is the cost of the electricity to power the factories and the equipment that mines the metals and stuff.

Answer the question faggot.
Why would reducing these costs provide ANY incentive to drop revenue?
If I tell you that we can drop our electrical costs by 100%, are you going to say "GREAT! NOW WE CAN MAINTAIN THE SAME REVENUE AND CHARGE LESS!"
or are you going to say "GREAT! NOW WE'LL DOUBLE OUR REVENUE WITHOUT CHARGING MORE!"

well, not you personally, since you're clearly a fucking idiot.

spotted the commie

>muah ebil corporations extraction all dat revenue

my god kill yourself

>what is competition

If the profit per unit at lower price x units sold at lower price > profit per unit at higher price x units sold at higher price, the price will go down.

It would always reduce the cost. Competition exists and it would force the price to go down.

It doesn't stop the botnet tho. The botnet doesn't exist because of the money, it exists because controlling information is key.

>It would always reduce the cost.
No, it will only reduce costs if reducing the cost would expand the market enough that slimmer profit margins can bring in more total profit from selling more units. It's entirely possible that the electricity market is already saturated and cutting prices wouldn't attract any new customers.

>Competition exists and it would force the price to go down.
There would be fierce competition for a short term, but there are winners and losers in the market and it will eventually stabilize with a few major players controller most of the market because of economies of scale and stuff.

>Sowell
>noice.jpg

>electricity is the #1 cost you have when you run a big data center ... you need to get that money in .. so you turn it into an advertising botnet aka google
Or you could be greedy and still turn it into an advertisement botnet even if electrictctctcy wouldn't cost moneys.

why'd anyone use ur services then when other people provide it without advertising botnet tier faggot shit?!

>why'd anyone use ur services then when other people provide it without advertising botnet tier faggot shit?!
Because everyone is a greedy piece of shit and therefore would have an advertising botnet tier faggot shit.

t. economic illiterate

whys this board so shit? no wonder you people think Intel will die because some weebs buy a ryzen processor

t. anarcho capitalist

Look, I know primitive economy suggests that thanks to no further costs you could drive out advertising competitors. However, what actually would happen is a race for features. At some point, the costs for creating/maintaining those features would be so high yet so expected (by both, customers and serverers) everyone would grumpily accept advertisement again.

Just as normies accept advertisement and their loss of privacy and web shitsters accept TLD registrars and CDNs.

>However, what actually would happen

No, because of time just because you have infinite power does not mean you can utilize it immediately. You still need all the machines you can it would be more important than ever without electricity.