Windows Vista is better than Windows 10

Windows Vista is better than Windows 10

this might seem like a shitpost, but it's not. I genuinely belive that Vista was a better OS than 10 will ever be.

Provide reasons, because the rest of the world enjoys the security, performance, and smoothness of the latest Windows 10 OS.

winxp>win7>pre xp windows>8.1>vista>8>10

>I love security holes
>Please plug me full of your malware!
>Oo-oh! Russian-san!

lol, dude rates Windows ME above the greatest Windows (10)

>Vista doesn't phone home about everything you do
>Vista doesn't put a gun to your head and force you to update or else
>Vista has a consistent UI that actually makes sense
>Vista has a Start menu with search algorithm that shows what you actually wanted
>Vista doesn't install any bullshit Candy Crush games in the background

Want me to continue or is 5 enough?

This is quite obvious to anybody who prefers good UIs, good aesthetics and reliable function

>and smoothness of the latest Windows 10 OS.
In comparison to the oldest windows 10 OS?

>Vista has a consistent UI that actually makes sense
lol, clearly you never used it. There was still dialogs from literally Windows 3.1 in its font settings stuff

I'm using Vista and let me tell you it's shit.

Windows 10 has 2 UIs on top of eachother, both are broken.

Vista was the best looking Windows ever. I wish I could have Windows 10 performance/features without the botnet and Vista's aesthetics.

PEBKAC, Hans

7 > 10LTSB2015 > 8.1 > 10LTSB2016 > Vista > 10 (consumer editions)

8.1 is the best. Objective fact of life nigga

after SP2 vista was on par, and in my opinion better than 7. If it was still offered software support and drivers then there would not near any difference between the two

Now THATS what I call a shitpost

>no NFS
>no WMC
>no ShadowCopy
>Store
>METRO
>two control panels
>forced DWM
>High CPU use by taskhost.exe when Windows 8.1 user name contains "user"
it's garbage, pajeet tier

Reminder that is you're on Vista you are doing it wrong unless you use Vista Ultimate.

7 years of Vista ultimate and I have never even has as much as a driver issue

>no NFS, WMC, ShadowCopy

Out of here with those shitty features

>Store
>METRO

You don't need to use either. As opposite to W10 which is trying to force it down people's throats at every opportunity

>forced DWM
Fair point if you have a 2005 PC

>High CPU use by taskhost.exe when Windows 8.1 user name contains "user"

Then don't put "luser" as a name you luser

No, it's AMD's fault for not releasing their Ryzen 5 series yet. Instead I have to use that shit for another two or three months.

Vista was never good. XP was a 100x times bettet and 7 killed it

This. If i need to use windows, i just use 8.1

>100x times bettet
no, it was faster. not better

>crappy managed kernel
no thanks.

To be honest it's vista's only downside, that shit increases loading times by a lot.

You have no idea what is NFS.

>As opposite to W10 which is trying to force it down people's throats at every opportunity
10LTSB doesn't have Store at all

>Fair point if you have a 2005 PC
Or if you don't want VSync on your desktop. It helps a lot in PS.

>Then don't put "luser" as a name
At this point you could just suggest to keep the PC off and don't bother of whst's installed on it.

++
>cloud integration
>sends encryption keys to microsoft
>shit scaling (provides only one method, as opposite to 7 which provides two different methods)
>shit inconsistent UI

Vista is basically 7 but slightly better.

absolutely disgusting

So you're the guy using vista in all of the polls

you wouldn't do it anyway xd

>When you realize you remember standing in a circuitcity messing with vista laptops 10 years ago

They're both proprietary operating systems and shouldn't be used or even exist.

I use Linux on my server and it's perfect for the job, but using it as a desktop OS is a masochistic idea.

unless your only other option is Windows 10 that is

It's literally the same tech you autistic shitlords. Even the same drivers still work. Jesus fucking christ it's exactly like linux, they keep patching it and then they stick a label on it and pass it as new, every single time.

>tfw I remember punching my family's Vista laptop in middle school because it was buggy and I needed it for a school project
>tfw I didn't go to school that day and tried to hide from my parents when they got home from work

Go away Richard Stallman some of us like to play PC games or use nonshit software

>because the rest of the world enjoys the direct sending of your every fart to MS, botnet, and intentionally making the world's most popular OS shitty for PC and only tolerable on their shitty tablet line of the latest Windows 10 OS.

>punched computer cause angry

damn autismo

>shouldn't be used or even exist.
Freetards are just like vegans. You guys can't accept that other people have different preferences and morals and are capable of making decisions for themselves. Me choosing to use proprietary software consensually doesn't effect you.

this 100%

although maybe vista above 8.1. I think Vista wasn't bad, it's just that mid-section hardware wasn't ready yet

Server 2012 was the last good version of Windows

tfw Vista released over 10 years ago
damn, it feels like it was just yesterday

I was like 13 when it happened...

>same tech
maybe, but the UI is completely different

>inb4 ui doesn't matter
it does

>the Nintendo DS was two years old when Vista came out
>the Wii had just come out
>Android and iOS weren't a thing yet
>Windows Mobile 6 was new and Windows Mobile was actually relevant
>people still owned iPods, point and shoot cameras, and flip phones

>iPod silver 2gb I got for my birthday 12 years ago
>it still works
>I still use it when I go running

I never understood the primitive emotions that would come over people that causes them to enrage when upset at inanimate objects and attempt to destroy said object.

GNU/Linux*

Linux is just a kernel.

fuck off Richard Stallman

"But it's DIFFERENT! Please buy it" - Microsoft

Anyway Vista patches stop this month and browser support is dying too.

You could not sound anymore autistic.

vista is slow as fuck

about as much as 7 or 10. Vista was slow because the 2007's mainstream hardware couldn't keep up

Updated Vista is pretty much 7 with minor differences. Just as fast.

Trim support is shit in Vista though

>the rest of the world
>aka the normalfag retards

Install 7 and a Vista theme :^)

Wangblows is finished. I just went to bestbuy and everyone in there was hovering over the chromebooks. I even heard one of the sales guys talking about how they've had nothing but problems and complaints about windows 10.

Its over. Google killed MS.

if this means games will be developed for Chrom* OS or linux, I couldn't be happier. MS got what they deserved.

MS killed themselves by turning the product that made them billions upon billions upon billions into a shitshow that serves no purpose other than promoting their shitty tablets and phones nobody gives a fuck about anyways

Do you also enjoy being part of the Botnet and getting your personal info collected by jews?

What's wrong with the Jews?

Yes, windows is software as a service now nigga.

Agree to the the 2 UIs. Ill be forever 7 tho

The problem is not that they're jews. The problem is that you're getting your personal data collected. Don't you care about your privacy?

that's cus it came out in the epic 2000's before normies and sjw

on windows vista you can be cool and surf the net for loli jpegs all day and not give a fuck

How does it affect me personally if they sell my shit to some fags?

I can see where this is going

>i have nothing to hide therefore i dont care if they watch
type of bullshit

MS could piss in your face and you'd say it's raining

i regret moving to 7 from vista so soon back then. vista was comfy as shit and service pack 2 fixed nearly everything.

if vista was still supported i would gladly ditch linux and go back to it. 10 and 8(.1) are absolute horseshit and 7 was vista service pack 2 with a horrible bluish theme slapped to it.

Keep sperging out over nothing then while I enjoy my OS

You needed a beast of a GPU to use it

intel GMA of the time could not keep up

If you really have nothing to hide would you kindly give us access to your computer? We will do no harm, we just want to collect and sell data for some shekels.

I wish I knew how to simply not care.

>horrible bluish theme
you couldn't change the fucking color with three clicks?

>I want to go back to vista
>windows 7 sucks
>because it's blue

you shouldn't have to change anything. it should just work. going from vista to 7 is a downgrade in the default theme and 7 was literally just service pack 2 of vista with a blue theme and abilitly to pint taskbar tasks. at most, service pack 2.5.

nomachine is running, come on in

Vista was always shit, 10 is a decent os. Don't try to meme vista nostalgia.
>but muh botnet
Everything's a fucking botnet these days you dumbass. There is literally no escape from it.

I use chrome on my cell and win10 pc. Its great.

>There is literally no escape from it
but there is. It's Vista/7.

>you shouldn't have to change anything. it should just not be blue

maybe not a stellar improvement but objectively better in every way (except if you passionately dislike the default blue theme). I think the reason they went with making it windows 7 i.o. say SP3 is because Vista just had kind of a bad rep. It had a bad start with being both too resource hungry and relying on hardware that wasn't in every home yet. Also in the beginning there were a lot of driver issues with everything. And I agree SP2 fixed virtually all of that.

But still when people got win7 "it just werked". They had better computers, drivers worked out of the box, and win7 is simply less bulky than vista.

I think it depends on the hardware where you Vista runs on. I have a notebook (Made in 2006) that runs Vista faster and more stable than it runs 7.

>10 is a decent os
says increasingly nervous MS rep pretending to be user

>Everything's a fucking botnet these days
exactly the reason why most people here are staying with win7

For ancient notebooks 8.1 with StartIsBack is the fastest choice. Trust me, I've checked.

Your phone is bot net dumbass.

and my PC isn't, because I don't use windows 10

not everyone uses a (((smart))) phone you dumbass

how do you know? he could be using a custom rom without the gapps botnet or even a dumbphone if it all he needs

I'll keep that in mind when the Vista-support drops in April.

>retarded 20-something millenials trying to claim that Vista and 7 aren't a botnet too

Yes they do.

Indeed it is.

2 Windows tablets here, one of them is pretty trashy (ATIV Tab 3) and the other one at least can be used for something more than drawing stupid shit (Toshiba Encore 2). Both are faster with Windows 8 than Windows 7/10. I really think they considered the fact they were trying to get Windows 8 into shitty tablets and worked on it.

>I really think they considered the fact they were trying to get Windows 8 into shitty tablets and worked on it.
not really a big surprise since the entire point of win8/10 was catering to the 30 or so people that use windows phones and tables

>Taimur Asad
Pajeet detected.

it's a random Vista screencap I found on the Niggle

how do you think windows can automatically install drivers for new hardware?

>windows 10 literally sends minutely updates of everything you do, type, look at
>windows 7 sends your computer model when it installs a new mouse

You're the one punching laptops HAHAHAH

Yeah, one of those people is my dad, so I'm used to dealing with this shit.

I have to say 8.1 on a decent tablet is pretty fucking great. I'd say more than 10 with the gestures.

I actually fucking loved Vista's look. And it's still miles better than Win10