Ryzen 1800x OC's to HEFTY 5.2ghz on fucking liquid nitrogen

>ryzen 1800x OC's to HEFTY 5.2ghz on fucking liquid nitrogen
digitaltrends.com/computing/amd-ryzen-1800x-overclocked-world-record/

>7700k OC's to 5.3ghz on fucking water
overclock.net/t/1621347/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics

>OC's to 7ghz (with all cores active, 7.384ghz without) on ln2
wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-7-ghz-7350k-5-ghz/

damn, i thought intel would finally get some competition and i could buy an AMD cpu instead of a 7700k that literally offers nothing more than a 4% higher avg overclock over the 6700k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9PJOrfpiVwE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>half the cores
just wait for r3, r5

but in reality most normie users will run both cpu's @4-4.5ghz, so i don't really care much about what extreme oc guys doing.

>current year
>overclocking

It's to bad the 7700k has only 4 cores.
I'm sure it'd OC like garbage with 8 cores.

>>ryzen 1800x OC's to HEFTY 5.2ghz on fucking liquid nitrogen
That's higher than intels 8 core on ln2 ;)

>GHz means everything

Meanwhile that CB score. Previous score was on LN2 also. How old are you just curious

Breaking news, more cores need more voltage.

Also good luck overclocking Intel's 8 cores to 5.2GHz without LN2

>its easier to oc 4 cores than 8 cores
wew lad great evidence that the chip is a failure

The 7700K is half the size of the 1800X. The Haswell Es only overclock to low-5GHz on liquid nitro. If those numbers stay the same for the R5 series AMD has issues, but I doubt that will be the case.

ghz doesn't mean everything but ryzen can't compete with x700k at stock frequencies on single thread benchmarks, and the meme army here made me think it actually had a chance to stand a ground, so finally seeing a 1800k overclock was disappointing
i need single core performance much more than multicore

>31.
Nice list you're copying from shill. Care to share?

So a chip clocked some 1GHz lower with similar IPC is slower in ST? No shit genius.
What's your next issue? That a 8 core can't overclock like your 4 core that needs deliding to reach 4.8?

Get a grip, no 8 core on the market can reach 5GHz without helium

>before 02/24
>lol of course Ryzen will easily hit 5Ghz on air
>after 02/24
>lol nobody ever said Ryzen 8c would be good at OC you shill
I'm just glad I didn't pre-order

Are you the kind of guy who believes that Kabylake is 15% faster than Skylake? Because you sound awfully gullible if you believe everything said here.

>we were merely pretending that the Ryzen had actual OC potential
nice slide

>I have no argument to stand on so hyperbole
Cute shitpost.

My argument is that you were all hyping about how amazing the Ryzen would be at OC.
Now we know it isn't and you're just trying to pretend that nothing ever happened
This is identical to the 480 is a 1080 killer for $200
As soon as the truth was out you all just wanted to pass it off as a joke or even worse than that call it a false flag

yeah actually kudos to amd for making the fastest desktop multicore desktop cpu, just wished they'd also make become competition on single core

doubt very much they'll be THAT much better at OCing, since their stock clocks are actually lower than the 1800xs'
maybe a bit better, but i don't see them beating the 7700k at all, do you?

do you seriously think intel paid me to make this thread on Sup Forums? or you think i just LOVE intel / HATE amd so much i'll shill for them for free? or you think i have some vested interest in intel in some ways? if that's the case, what are those? you're absolutely convinced i'm an intel stockholder/employee?

You didn't address the fact you mistakenly posted the number from a list of whatever the fuck you're being paid to say here.
Fuck off shill.

Your argument is that you read some faggots opinion straight outta reddit believing an 8 core would OC on air to 5GHz, that means both you and whoever you read are beyond retarded as there's no 8 cores past or present able to achieve that due to heat you troglodyte.

But of course, one idiot said something so it's easy to lump everyone else under him, reminder that Intel is garbage junk because Broadwell-E can't OC over 4.3 on air.
Hinthint, even at that it still beats Delidlake in muhgayms.

oh.

>How old are you just curious

he was answering the question about his age you moron

>one idiot said something so it's easy to lump everyone else under him
You either haven't been to this board since Ryzen was announced or you pretending to be retarded
7700k objectively performs better as far as single core is concerned and this is what I need.
I don't care how much that triggers you I won't be buying a CPU that costs $170 more and it's worse at what I need just to stick to intel

But it doesn't you brainwashed clown, not against a overclocked 6900k, much less against a overclocked 1800X.
You think those large caches can't compensate for some 400MHz lower frequency? Don't forget about deliding your kabylake, voiding the warranty and potentially damaging the die, but that's okay because Intel knows best TIM makes it cheaper for us.

I mean, the 1800X will hit 5GHz on air cooling, just a massive 300 watt aircooler that doesn't exist yet.

My FX8370 begs to disagree

>30 stage pipeline
Lmao that's practically short of Netburst, if AMD made a 14nm version that thing would be running 5.2GHz stock without turbo.
Also not 8 traditional cores, 4fpu/8alu instead of 8fpu/8alu so not a fair comparison.

>he got memed into believing that 8xxx are 8 core

Top lol.

nice post pajeet

>muh single core performance

go to Sup Forums or wherever it is dental receptionists looking for maximum frames on Booker and mindbody hang out

It's not even about ST anymore, it's about a few hundred MHz, Intelfags have deluded themselves into thinking some 5-7% ST performance in SYNTHETIC benchmarks (which is even smaller % in games) with deliding is a great idea over some 80%+ MT performance.

It's kinda really adorably retarded, it's like they're gonna be playing SuperPi all day.

>R7 1800X will be so hot at 5GHz you could reclaim power by attaching a small steam turbine to your AIO loop

6900X at 4.0 is already close to 200W, the 1800X at 5.0 would be no less than 300W, I guarantee it.

>7700k has half the cores but OP is too stupid to notice

>AMD TDP on a 8 core: 65-95 Watts
>Intel TDP on a 8 core: 140 Watts

nice cognitive dissonance you have there poojeet

I wonder how high the 1800x would overclock with 4 cores disabled.

Power exponentially scales with voltage, not linearly.
A 6900 at 5.0 would use even more than 300W. It's just an example, don't fucking fanboy.

This thread has made me start investigating exotic heat solutions

What would the market be for a fairly expensive but best-in-the-world aircooler be?

And you only need those cores since everybody adopted consumer grade aplications to 8 threads max. I doubt AMD poorfags will be buying these CPU's to render 4K.

And somehow magically the amd one is more

fuck of you indian shitskin, i hope gookmoot rangebans you fucking toiletbowl country

>exotic
>aircooler

user..
Zen would be best served with a custom water loop, none of that AIO crap.
I figure you'd be able to push some 4.5-4.6 depending on chip quality as a daily driver.

You literally have no idea of what you are talking about. You only care about single core performance, for what reason? Do you only play Source and Unity games? Or you only use CPU to make CB single core benches? Just fucking tell me what benefit you will have on a CPU with half cores with a few hertz higher and worse smt? Because not sure if you know that Ryzen has DOUBLE L2 cache per core that helps SMT works faster than intel HT.

Sure mate, because over 70% of steam alreadly have DX12 ready graphics card wich uses all CPU cores and when industry moves to the API lets see how well these 4 cores will hang.

Bitch we're talking about diamond composites, that's plenty exotic

This, it's a good thing Zen isn't limited architecturally for OCing, the problem is heat, people will find some way to get the heat down, lapping/sanding, directly cooling the die without the heatsink, changing the ambient temp.

It's a good thing, we can work around heat, we can't work around a pipeline issue.

>Do you only play Source games
Hah, funny story – 3kliksphilip just did a video showing CSGO scaled framerate up to eight cores+

single thread performance meme is for the birds. all these dumb autists who think they NEED to be able to run their cpu at ridiculously inefficient frequency to get 5% more single thread performance, so they can get 93 FPS instead of 92.

B-but WoW! and LoL! and Skyrim!

You can make 6 heatpipes coming out of your case and make then touch some silver fins that would cool down due to your air conditioner being on.

>DX9 game.

I saw that, and saw how old as fuck Source is.

Been done, keeps an i7 and a 1080 nice and cool with no fans

youtu.be/9PJOrfpiVwE

I love this cannuck. Why they behave so goofy?

>DX9 games scaling past eight cores
>Some games instituting MINIMUM THREAD COUNTS
>"Single core gaming" meme lives on

Netburst was 20 stages

Willamette to Gallatin were 20, Prescott to Presler were 31.

so what ? no match for my 8GHz P4

Also people seem to think the larger L3 on BDW-E and Ryzen are there to look pretty, the larger caches add a bit more IPC to negate the smaller clockspeed.

Here's your (You), don't waste it :)

Don't tell me this weenie couldn't pick up a case and asked for help?

But it is an 8 core.

each pair of cores shares stuff that make them work more like 1 core with two physical threads.

On paper, hardware resource-wise it's not an 8 core.

It was marketed and sold as an 8 core processor.

But it isn't. It is 4 modules. Each module has 2 ALU and 2 128bit FPUs which have to be combined and shared as a 256 bit FPU.

I have a bridge to sell you that has 2 lanes, but if you use more than 1 lane at once the bridge collapses.

For all intents and purposes it is 4 core.

>marketing never lies and is always 100% accurate to the technical details!!!!

>marketed
Kabylake is also marketed to be 15% faster than Skylake.

Fuck marketing, you're on a technology board, not fucking CNN

>15%
Up to 15%, with a chart showing exactly what area it was faster by 15% in.

There was no chart, just sysmark percentage.
Needless to say pure bullshit.,

>i love this cannuck
dude, 98% of what he said/did was filler. it's ok to be impressed with the low temps of the radiators, but praise it for 5 minutes? twice?
and praise th temps of every last part in the case for a minute individually?

They weren't far off, it's like 12% better.

>mobile 2 cores, that's all from clockspeed

Get real.

you dun goofed

you are retarded in dx12 in 99% of games you will have less framerate than on dx11 only games that can improve your fps are hitman and doom on vulkan aka not dx12

>that's all from clockspeed
When did Intel say it wouldn't be from clockspeed?

Never, it's just that raising the multiplier on Skylake was too hard so I had to buy Kabylake
Holy shit son they literally sold a overclocked Skylake and you think this is ok.

It does beat/equal kaby lake per core at the same speed though

>playing dx9 shit

The 7700K has half the cores of the 1800X R-tard, the FX AM3+ line still holds the record at about 8.2GHZ

For a laptop when you're getting 12% extra performance and a better igpu with no increase in power consumption, yes it is.

>four core clocks higher than an eight core
>this is somehow news worth making a thread about

>12% extra performance
It's a dual core, its performance plateau is posting on facebook.
No amount of clockspeed will make a dual core useful for anything but email.
And I got a phone for that.

What kind of shit ass gookshit phone do you have that is only dual core?

I didn't say I have a dual core phone(Are you fucking implying apple A7 and A8 chips are fucking weak?!)
I said that I have a phone for email, because dual core CPUs are only useful for email and opening a news site.

>apple

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

Don't be fucking retarded, I have a HTC One M7, learn to read.
Apple's SoCs are pretty fucking powerful for what they are and you really can't deny this.

Dear fucking shills,

Stop fucking promoting garbage chips that pretend 99 slow cores are worth anything, you harm AMD itself in the long run.

If you actually do succeed to shill for them, you will literally make Intel a lot of money because they will actually improve.

Hence, go fuck yourselves, nobody needs you, AMD doesn't need you.

So out of touch with reality.

You're the reason performance improvements have been so slow.

> I will promote the hypocrisy of AMD in those shill benchmarks that will actually make better technology
you are literally mentally challenged.

>Intel putting out a better product is a bad thing

Explain

>HTC

Out of the fire, into the furnace

>hating on the M7
Literally the best phone of that generation.

This

I highly dislike AMD as a whole, but poking Intel into higher competitiveness is something I agree with. Based AMD shills doing us a favor

>4 (four) megapixel camera
>no microsd slot
>non removable battery (at least not easily)
>garbage battery life
>manlet size screen/handset

>muh megapixies
Enjoy your netburst.
>microsd
A valid argument, but 32GB has been enough for a phone even with a shitload of music stored on it
>removable battery
Even if it was removable I wouldn't get a spare one because 4 years later I still get a full day of battery on it
>bat life
See above
>screen size
For what? Watching movies? On a phone? Oh god you're serious

Now lets see whats good about it

>camera
Great for low light conditions, but can't zoom to the moon like your 20MP one.
>great screen and calibration OOTB, plenty bright
>speakers can wake the dead even without Beats junk
>was dropped 15 times so far and only has scratches
>actually has an FM radio
>looks better than most phones that came after it
>great battery life

There's a reason I haven't replaced it yet, it fucking rocks.

t. poo in the loo pajeet rajesh

>For what? Watching movies? On a phone? Oh god you're serious

No, for using. I'm not a manlet with tiny hands like you.

Using what? SMS? I can use larger and smaller phones. My fingers aren't sausages.

Well as a 6'3 aryan superhuman I will stick to my 5.7" phone for now.

You can do fine with small since I'm 6'2
It's all about dexterity.