US Doctors killed 251k last year

>Their analysis, published in the BMJ on Tuesday, shows that “medical errors” in hospitals and other health-care facilities are incredibly common and may now be the third-leading cause of death in the United States — claiming 251,000 lives every year, more than respiratory disease, accidents, stroke and Alzheimer’s.

washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/05/03/researchers-medical-errors-now-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-united-states/

So much for the best healthcare in the world, don't forget to tip the staff!

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/1527359/Blunders-by-NHS-kill-thousands-of-patients-each-year.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_malpractice_in_the_United_States
thebestschools.org/features/100-best-universities-in-world-today/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>be American
>get killed by incompetent doctors
>family receives $100,000 bill

>be American
>get shoot by incompetent policemen
>get killed by incompetent doctors
>get taught by incompetent professors
>freedom isn't free

+50% tip

disclaimer: if you dont tip you'll get swated

>There are around 130,000 deaths in Britain each year of people who are in hospital or under NHS care.
wew
telegraph.co.uk/news/1527359/Blunders-by-NHS-kill-thousands-of-patients-each-year.html

>american education

>Nightmare stories of nurses giving potent drugs meant for one patient to another
This literally can't happen in a regular hospital. All patients and medications have bar codes which must be scanned before giving them to the patient. After the patient and medication is scanned, the nurse must tick each box on their computer to show that it was given to the right person. The nurse isn't even allowed access to medications without checking them out from the pharmacy and returning them.

At least our families are not billed for it.

We don't have to pay for the privilege though.

People die in hospitals? When the fuck did this start happening?

Wait shit, I understated the numbers
>According to the report, 165,135 people suffered fatal harm while in NHS care, suggesting that staff may not have time to look after the sick properly.

They were pre-billed using these things called taxes that Sup Forums seems to have no concept of.

>Deaths include immediate deaths in hospitals, deaths weeks in advance, or deaths years down the line as a result of treatment
So basically, it doesn't have to actually kill them directly, just be vaguely related in order for it to be counted among "medical errors". Which makes the data nonsense.

Thanks, Obama. You've really done wonders to reform health care in this country.

So basically, Brits are almost 3 times as likely to die in a hospital than in the US when adjusted for population? Christ, that's insane.

you would be able to sue for lots of $$$ if a family member died due to negligence on the part of the hospital staff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_malpractice_in_the_United_States

>British "health" care

The funny thing is that it's a well known fact that the NHS treats its elderly patients far worse than they do here.

>americans think Britain has a good NHS

YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP

Its a well known fact that most countries without NHS are 3rd world countries

>the american healthcare is shit t. brit
>the british healthcare is 3 times worse t. american
:DDD

>USA spends two times more money per capita on healthcare
>they live 2 years less on average

HAHAHAHAHAHA YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP

Delet this
THE NHS is atrocious though, there are countries with much better systems like Germany and Switzerland that are basically Obamacare but actually good.

you mean they spend twice as much as a state, right? sure that the individual costs (premiums, excess etc) are way higher than that.

lol what a fucking embarrassing country

In the netherlands we dont have NHS.
We did just 3 things:

1. People have to take healthcare insurance, they can choose themself how they get it
2. Insurance companies must talk to hospitals every year on the pricing and if it can get cheaper if they dont do it or if it is too expensive the government will do it.
3. Companies who make medication compete every year on who will make a certain type of medication for the whole dutch population. The most effective and the cheapest wins.

I'm not sure we can be proud of ourselves either

No they spend twice as much per person.

Also, healthcare insurances cannot decline requests of clients nor can they ask more money because of personal conditions.

>incompetent professors

Hey can you find me a french university on here? How many? How many American ones?

thebestschools.org/features/100-best-universities-in-world-today/

why americans so easy to trigger

imagine living in one of the most powerful, successful, and accomplished nations in the world and then having a country like argentina try insulting your quality of life

naturally you're going to point out that they likely live in a slum and that your life is infinitely better

there are 7 countries here who can actually talk bad about our quality of life, the UK isn't one of them, not by a mile

Huh, I was replying to the other user, and by saying that I was not sure that we could be proud of ourselves, I actually went your way.
However, even if I'm not proud of our education system as a whole, I have to concede such universities rankings make no sense.
For instance, they take the volume into account, so most French "great schools" (ENS, X, Mines, Centrale, etc...) , that have pretty low numbers of students, rank pretty low although they are, admittedly, very good (google ENS)

damn i wasn't even trying to trigger and i still did

>people die in hospitals
Wow
Can we please do something about this

That sounds like a good system, and what Obamacare was supposed to be had it not been gutted.

Speaking from experience, a big problem with the NHS is that the hospital staff are overworked and severely underpaid, which is a huge problem if you're planning on staying for more than a day or two in the hospital. The elderly have it particularly bad in comparison to other countries.

>university

enjoy your shitty education

>gets an honest response

>lol triggered!!!11

...you don't understand what the word means, it seems

You are pretty triggered though.

see

chicano