There are people on this board right now literally using ubuntu in place of debian

>there are people on this board right now literally using ubuntu in place of debian

>using plebian
>not arch

>>there are people on this board right now literally using $OTHER_DISTRO in place of $DISTRO_I_USE

>using Debian
>being stuck in the past

Nah senpai.

ubuntu is just a debian release with bloat for normies

>$
found the php "developer"

How many production servers run Arch? How's the uptime? :^)

>There are people on this board right now literally thinking debian is more stable, more secure, and easier to use than arch or fedora

Forever backporting

>...thinking debian is more stable, more secure, and easier to use than arch or fedora
>arch
>stable
Do you even know what the point of Arch is? Bleeding edge software. You can't have bleeding edge and stability. It's a pick one situation

Debian is great for servers because their software vetting model is based on bug reports and everyone running a server uses the same sets of programs, so every debian server user will be "testing" the same programs, and server users are more dilligent with reporting bugs and getting them fixed

Debian is shit for stability et cetera on desktops because everyone uses wildly different sets of software and almost nobody gives a shit about trying to work with bug reports because their software isn't that important and nine out of ten times the newer version on sid or arch doesn't have the problem

>there are people who don't use openSUSE

>bleeding edge

the latest stable releases from upstream are not bleeding edge. it's vanilla.

>uses arch
>the equivalent being a loser at a party that wears a fake rolex but boasts he has a 7 figure salary and works for the cia

uuuh huhhhhh. whatevs nigga

/thread

Who are you quoting?

fuck off newfag

That's debian and CentOS

>YES MY LINUX DISTRO IS VERY PROFESSIONAL GRADE, REAL PRODUCTION SERVERS TOTALLY USE IT, SO THAT MEANS I COULD THEORETICALLY HAVE A JOB UNLIKE YOU LOSERS
>"but i'm employed, i'm just not a sysadmin" - gentoo/archfag
>FUCK YOU TIMESINKER POORFAG THE REAL ADULTS ARE TALKING HERE.

Debian is the only Linux distro even worth talking about, aside from Slackware.

What is bash?

>there are people on this board who don't realize everyone has different needs

What? They all have the same general structure, the same packages (just different versions), the same shells etc? What blocks you from making an Ubuntu a riced-up tiling wm minimalism meme or a full gnome experience? Not really anything.

Fedora is not fucking stable. I like the distro but getting weekly system and kernel updates is asking for breakages

Ubuntu has better tutorials.

I've been using Fedora for the past 2 years.

fite me.

went from Fedora to Arch and now I'm using Ubuntu. Unity's got the best support for HIDPI out of all the DE's I've tested so far. It's time to get shit done - Arch was fun while it lasted but I got shit to do

found the newfag

How can I fite someone who enjoys pain?

Ubuntu 14.04 is the only good one because rest are infected with systemd.

You all should use RedHat with paid support because they gave us wonderful masterpieces like systemd

>Debian
>More stable
You mean more stale.
>More secure
Bullshit. Everytime some new vulnerability appears, it takes a shitton years to replace it.
>Easier to use than Arch/Fedora
You are technically a newfag.
Get out, normie.

>You mean more stale
no, he meant stable. A rigorous testing period takes time you shithead. not everyone wants to check for updates and spend assloads of time downloading updates for packages you barely use
>Bullshit it takes a shitton years to replace it
can you even speak english, Rajesh? you don't replace a vulnerability, you patch it.
>he uses newfag and normie in the same post
>>>sehkrit klub!!!

>he isn't using Windows XP on a ten year old netbook