ScreenFetch Thread

Why isn't there more Fedora users on here? It's pretty good

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's just ubuntu but worse

It's just free beta testing for Red Hat, a company owned by the NSA

>it's like Redhat but unsupported and more prone to breaking because muh cutting-edge

fixed

I moved completely to gnu+linux, It just werks.

I would use it, but apparently it doesn't support my hardware.

>such a paltry measure of RAM
I hope that's a VM lol

why do you need more that 4 gb big guy? maybe its a x series thinkpad

This is nothing open.

But why do you have so little RAM?
Even my ancient laptop from 2009 I outfitted with 8 gigs

Fedora/Ubuntu are for people who are employed. That's why you don't see them often here and they are ridiculed.

GNOME is horrible.

There are plenty of Fedora users, we're just above the scummy distro wars so we stay out of it. Also, update, you should be on kernel 4.9.11.

4gb is more than enough for my needs, i'll buy another sodimm when i need it.

>having to beg for rpm files
>having to compile every new program
>having copr repos not syncing
>losing precious time with how slow dnf is
>being unable to log in due to the bleeding edge breaking the system
>shit community
No thanks

Install it

Pretty theme user. I love gruvbox!

Gnome is incredible

The only reason I can imagine someone disliking it is because they hate DEs in general

pretty comfy desu

It's gay and also it sucks.

> 4,000,000,000 bytes
> so little

This is why the world is turning to shit. If software devs can't keep shit working on a system with 4GB of RAM they've failed.

this screen res isn't comfy at all.

y-you too

Would you rather get paid 1,000 Yen an hour, or $20 dollars a hour?

What's that, $20 dollars an hour? But 1,000 yen is a bigger number!

i already did

>having to beg for rpm files
or just build them
>having to compile every new program
you should never compile on Fedora, always build an RPM and install
>having copr repos not syncing
never had it, but I've only ever needed a single copr repo and it's for a well maintained and common piece of software
>losing precious time with how slow dnf is
I'll give you that one, apt and pacman definitely seem to download faster, not really "losing time" if you update in the background though
>being unable to log in due to the bleeding edge breaking the system
Fedora isn't exactly what I'd call "bleeding edge". You get frequent kernel and mesa updates but the core packages stay stable and it saves the three latest kernels for a reason, to avoid incompatibility issues like what I assume you ran into
>shit community
don't know much about that to be honest, I don't deal with them much

>no thanks
alright, what do you prefer, and what do you like about it?

it doesn't like overwriting my existing manjaro partition and I'm not about to wipe the entire drive to try a slow as fuck distro (VM experience)

>It's gay and also it sucks.
It has something in common with you I guess. GNOME 3 is not that bad if you have the resources to use it, my autism just likes XFCE a bit better. Extensions on it are a nice touch but the tweaktool is a pain in the ass to fiddle around with and still not get any real options

>"hey this number is large"
>numbers are relative and some numbers are not as big as they appear
>"HURR DURR U JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND"

The main point of that guys post was that 4gb should be enough.
Although 8gb seems like about average.
16gb if you're running an ark server.

can confirm, am gainfully employed

i cant use a distro with the name fedora

everything fedora is just .. u know fedora

I've been using it since fedora 21.

I actually switched to fedora because I was spending so much time on CentOS and Red Hat boxes once I got my first real job.

Maybe.

xd

i've been using fedora for a year now

>That font spacing
That's what you get for using garbage like uxrvt

>having to use a retardedly bloated script to show off your system
>not just writing your own one-liner
>filename related

It's a mono-spaced font. The point of them is to have equal spacing between the letters.

elementary OS is pretty comfy

Can you post it buddy?

>Gamers
4GB if all you do is YouTube and Facebook and got your PC at best buy
8GB for games and business class bulk computers
16GB for any kind of real task (multitrack recording high resolution audio in my case)
32gb+ for any professional work at all

don't call me buddy, guy

You shouldn't let memes dictate your choices. Fedora is a good distro.

decent at best, but with all the completely retarded, autistic, half-baked distros out there, the bar is pretty low, you have to admit

I like it, but that's just my opinion, and you're right about all the half-baked distros out there. All I'm saying is that people shouldn't rule out fedora just because of a stupid meme.

what do you consider real options

Contemplating suicide desu fampai

>871Mib/7827 MiB
impressive

Anybody know how stable opensuse is?
Looking to switch from arch to something less configuration intensive.
Had bad experiences with ubuntu, and I'm afraid those packages are too dated.

Fedora is great. Very little maintenance, support for almost everything and very up to date software.

I can guarantee you that I'm ten times more productive than you and my laptop has only 2 GB of RAM.

If you're so productive, why are you poor?

I guess he's not poor becaude he's productive; he's rather productive because he's poor (the obstacles-overcome productive imagination - something that wealthy people lack because they don't have too try so much)

Hey fellas, how do I make my Ubuntu look like this?

Mine looks like autistic retarded shit from 90s, pic related.

>things that don't happen: the post

And you think you don't have much ram.

get kde

i use mint atm but holy fuck i might just go back to fedora for good since the llvm packages break every fucking week

This makes me wanna throw up

>Linux and all the GNU utils were made with less than 1 GB of RAM
>"hurrrrr, reel brogramurs need 32 GB of RAM, a core i7 with overcuck, two Titans in SLI and BLU LEDS"

Go back to Sup Forums. 4 GB is enough for most things.

This

Fedora + i3 + ungoogled chromium w/ ~10 tabs open + Visual Studio Code w/ 5 files open + Thunderbird + a few terminal windows open and its sitting comfy at 1.96GB.

Even if I was running GNOME 3, it would struggle to break 3GB.

I fully understand needing more to use a VM or for video production but don't assume that's normal usage for all 'productive' people.

>All the GNU utils
>implying emacs-using GNU/programmers could live on 1gb of RAM

They all need 4gb minimum

Productive people use windows 10 + Office and they definitely don't use any of that shit you just listed, FYI.

Not even the guy who wrote that post but you clearly don't know what any of the stuff he listed was you retarded piece of human fucking trash. Re-read the post now! fucking Pajeet..

What makes you think I don't know what redhat for unstable software using cocksuckers, a bloated sepples window manager for spergs who can't sperg hard enough to use dwm, a bloated browser for tinfoik pedophiles, a shitty web app, a dated and barely supported kecko based mail client, and stupid 90s garbage for lincux users who don't have any good GUI apps are?

>recording at the actual computer
Pleb detected

>4 GB
>in 1992

Here, take a (you).

>URxvt.letterSpace: n

little known fact is GNU had to rent supercomputers of the day just to load emacs

URXVT has problems with fonts and spacing is not one of them

Linux + Cuck doesn't work because there is no cucking. There is choice unlike Windows because everything is easy to customize. It's personal preference. Windows + Cuck works just fine because there is no choice. Whatever Microsoft wants, you have to have. that's some fucked up shit right there. How come most servers run Linux. Google runs on Linux, NASA runs on Linux. Windows is proven to become slower over time, needs to be rebooted after most updates, takes way longer to update than most linux machines, and is super duper fucking prone to viruses. There is a reason Microsoft is slowly incorporating Linux stuff into their software because even they know and said without linux they wouldn't survive.

Everything about this post is so wrong it's not worth my time to refute it

It would be a more efficient use of time to go to my windows based job and make more money than you. Such is life in management.

FYI one of my inferiors requested linux boxes for similar reasons. He was told "no".

> tfw coreboot being tsundere about 3rd gigabyte of RAM

No it's not, you just don't wanna say you've got nothing. Also, yeah you probably are making more money than me but that's because I am in college getting ready for my career as a Linux sysadmin and making good use of time working with an OS that is actually for getting shit done. Just face it, stupid. you're wrong and you know windows sucks but just don't want to admit it. god I wish your cunt mother had an abortion.

W10 and office don't require 8GB though.

>DEs
GNOME 3
(just werks and easily the best looking with minimal rice)
XFCE
(takes a bit of time to set up properly but once you do you never have to fuck with anything)
KDE
(shit performance on shit computers, average Sup Forums user will be fine with this unless thinkpad)
LXQT
(runs on fucking everything no joke, it's literally preconfigured openbox at this point)
>WMs
openbox (can't be arsed to learn anything else. tiling isn't for me)

why would you blur out your hostname/username?
we can't remotely hack a local host y'know
>even if I was running GNOME 3, it would struggle to break 3GB
not, I break 3GB with 3 chrome tabs open and one video playing in background + sublime

you can get that desktop if you install
>GNOME 3
>Paper Icons
>Dynamic top bar
>dash to dock
>adapta theme
>gnome tweak tool

i've got a lubuntu machine with 512mb
its not that bad, it just can't deal with webms and youtube

Hi

my working class niggev

hwo do i add those color blocsk to mine?

It's not screenfetch but neofetch.

github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch