How do you deal with facebook?

I know alot of your answers are going to be "you don't". But for those who have social capital invested into it (friends you otherwise wouldn't have contact with, etc). But those who find Facebook as vital/necessary for certain social scenarios how do you deal with it?

For instance did you delete your account and then made one for personal use and one for biz/public use?

How do you deal with messenger/the FB app being tied to your phone and the privacy issues that entail from that? (it tracking your location/having acess to camera or mic/accessing contacts)

And as a side note how do you sidesteps the pitfalls googles platforms (gmail, youtube, using android).

you don't

I don't have a Facebook. That's how I deal with it.

I got suspended for using an alias and have not gone back since. Ultimate you don't deal with it.

>Facebook
>social capital invested into it
>vital/necessary for certain social scenarios

If facebook wanted to know where you study, you don't have to answer.
Geez, how stupid can people be. Share only what you are willing to share.

If Facebook wanted to know where you study (and they most definitely do), they can automatically figure it out by your usage metadata. It's why they're worth $390bn.

Embrace it. Learn to play the social media game.

It's funny how computers which were once the bastion of the socially inept are now throwing the same old problems up in their faces once a gain.

Alright cool. Don't use. But how about android like mentioned? It seems all your google accounts/apps info will be congregated to one profile, especially if you're using any form of android as a base.

Facebook also made it illegal in the US for someone else to log into your account, even with your permission. Facebook is cancer.

Except the app is always listening to everything you say so all they'll do is listen for you to tell one of your pleb friends "well I'm off to the library to study!" Facebook long ago stopped needing you to reveal information. They just take it.

Try talking about an old friend sometime and suddenly Facebook will suggest you send that person a friend request.

my plan is to basically delete every comment, like, tag, and post written on my timeline, seeing that if you don't meticulously do that BEFORE you delete/deactivate your account...they stay just with your name greyed out.

Now OF COURSE, facebook and the government (thanks to PRISM) already have several copies of your entire profile backed up. But for literally all other entities, it will essentially make that info inacessible. Barring a leak of some kind.

I also intend to have a dummy account and a shitposting account and not really having a "real account" after I delete my primary account so that maybe they'll accidentally lose track of which is real or write over the wrong one.

Oh, I see you're irredeemable.

I don't

I have a facebook account because you have to. I deleted it at some point, but I created a new one when I realized that I was being left out.

>put photo and basic info on it
>never log in
>wait for emails about friend requests/messages/invites

As for mobile, I don't have the app installed. I just use the mobile web site. It's not great, but it works for reading messages and such.

Ironically, I work for Facebook now.

>using facebook

normie faggot. Lurk more and learn why you shouldn't use "social" media

naw just had it since 2009 and just think too much info (even irrelevant info) is something that should be private lol

Lots of people you wouldnt normally connect with use facebook. If people could actually stand talking to you, youd have distant social connections as well

>FB app
not even regular users use that piece of shit, try WebApps on Fdroid, or I personally use Pidgin on Debian

Although I deleted my fb account a long time back, I would advise to use fb exclusively on your PC.

A PC, assuming you knw how to config it properly, gives you much more control over itself than a phone ever will.

So, don't install FB or its associated apps on your phone ever. Use it exclusively on PC, with a browser that you don't use for Sup Forums and reddit. Your Facebook browser should be as commonplace. Like, Firefox(without any addons), Edge or even IE.

This is because they can build a profile of you based upon how your browser is configured, and track other shit you do thru it. A guy using waterfox with 10 privacy addons stands out from the crowd; a guy with Chrome and no addons doesn't.

After you log out, restart your router(this should give you a different IP) and run CCleaner to wipe everything.

0.0.0.0 www.facebook.com
0.0.0.0 facebook.com

ping both_urls.com
DNS can't find it.
profit

I got the important people to move to Hangouts. Trying to get them to move again to Wire now. I did lose contact with a lot of people, but it's not the end of the world.

I made a Facebook account way back when it only required a name and an email
I never added more info or pics or # so I think I'm fine
I also never let people take digital photos of me.

>Facebook app tied to yor smartphone and spies mic camera blah blah blah

Top cuck xD
Normie get out