Based Tech Lady Explains Why Gaming Laptops Are Fucking Ugly

youtube.com/watch?v=M8aN24HURJE

Does Sup Forums agree with her? Gaming laptops are simply bulky and ugly because normans demand it, attempts to have a more professional look like the new Alienwares are generally blown off in favor of a Republic Of Gay Men Asus or cheap looking brushed plastic MSi shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fXCHHxqnfW4?t=18s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>woman

>"So I can say look at me, I'm all conformist and normal"
MACFAGS
RECTALLY
THRASHED

Did you even watch it? She said the biggest reason is that using a "nice" metal laptop shell like fancy laptops would exponentially add weight and cost, making the already expensive gaymen laptops even more expensive

>retarded weirdo
What did she mean by this?

youtu.be/fXCHHxqnfW4?t=18s

>gaming
>laptop

why? just build a decent miniitx build

I only accept gaming laptops if you travel often for work and are out for long periods. My friend recently bought one since his job often has him travel out of country and out of state often, and he'd like to play games where he goes. That's the exception. Otherwise, they're kinda dumb but whatever.

I bought one because it's not uncommon for me to sleep at three different locations in the same week.

My house, friends house, parents house.

tfw this bitch doesnt know about heatsink cases

tfw she doesnt know that you could make it much slimmer if it were aluminium to maintain the structural shape and not flex

Is she Commander Sheppard's mom?

What should that matter? She knows her shit.

wow a lady that shares my opinion on some consumerist tat that's amazing do you think she'll have sex with me i make a thread about her guys? sure she's old and ugly but im very lonely.

those tits were made with some fine technology

No kidding. I like her 1000x more than any other girl I've seen doing tech shit on youtube. I like hot chicks as much as the next autistic manchild, but I can see those whenever I want, how hard is it to just hire chicks who know what they're talking about!?

Can't wait for the dumb bitch linus hired to start hosting videos. Granted... not like it'll take that channel down much in credibility.

Is she, dare I say it, /ourgirl/?

Shannon?
she used to be hot af before she dyed her hair and shit

>she
uhhh

is she /ourgilf/?

She's much more enlightened then we would ever be.

she is the technigger of women

Sehe reviews mostly boring consumerelectronics and here speechpattern is very annoying to me...

>getting ANYTHING except a business/workstation laptop

Is this one of those things like brianna wu? If not they should be in the kitchen not dealing with tech. Tech is for men.

The Gademother of tech.

>there are poorfags that play their Vidya in starbucks

It makes me sick. I just want to drink my coffee in peace and I have to watch some ugly nerd play tf2 on his Republic of gay men laptop with his headset on

The,new alienwares look dank as fuck.

I ALMOST ordered one, and i don't even game.

I bought one when I studied abroad.

I also got in 60% off thanks to dell discounts.

$800 for a top of the line gaming laptop was well worth it. You couldn't build a whole desktop with the same specs back then.

I like that granny.

She's still reading specs from the manufacturer's spec sheet but she's doing it in a way that's not jarring to me.
Plus she pays attention to shit I care about

Were you born after the year 2000?

Yeah, the new Alienwares are pretty fucking amazing.
4K display, GTX 1070 and an overclockable Quad Core on a 15" laptop is amazing. Yet it still lasts 5-8 hours on battery if you want to use it as a normal laptop. Same size and weight as Sup Forums's beloved Thinkpad T61p but with almost top of the range performance and decent battery life.

No, are you? Nobody but self conscious 16 year olds think that people care about what their phone or laptop looks like.

Ok I used to hate the Alienmeme laptops, but that shit looks amazing.

This. If I wasn't so poor, I would definitely get the Alienware 15 over the already amazing XPS 15.

I honestly wanted the 13, like the compact size.

Was gonna wait for Surface Book 2, but my wife bought me a Surface Pro 4 as a surprise. Love the damn thing.

I do care about what my laptop looks like indeed, I don't want to stare at fucking ugly gaming laptop instead of my simple ThinkPad. It's not because of what anyone else thinks about it, it's because I am as the owner who will be looking at it

>old lady yammers on about how water is wet

>The,new alienwares look ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((dank))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) as fuck.

yeah man.

but gaming laptops are not ugly because they are big.
They are ugly because they go out of their way to make something flashy gimmick targeted towards children.

Multi colored keyboard back lighting is ugly.
Keyboard back lighting is atrocious to begin with, it doesn't matter where you are, the light you get from the ceiling light or a lamp will always be better. Most people doesn't look at their keyboard after they have used their laptop a while anyway.
They go for a "aggressive" design, Huge vents, multiple colors and huge logos.

And when they make a decent looking laptop, they don't market it as a gaming laptop, then it is just a workstation.

"Gaming" anything is the worst kind of meme people get dragged into.

isn't that the chick with gamer underwear?

You can't carry a laptop with all the Gay Men RGB and logos on it inside a workplace and expect your co-workers to respect you.
I for one prefer if gaming laptops looked more professional and low profile.

>Nobody but self conscious 16 year olds think that people care about what their phone or laptop looks like.

I have seen a few students use them and it was instant tell that they were morons.
One of them even played games during classes.

I don't look at my keyboard while typing, but when I turn the lights off my brain goes into retard mode and I can't do it anymore.

Backlights are helpful.

I really hate the "thin" meme. I would prefer a small 13" laptop that's powerful and a bit thick than a 17" monster that's just a couple of cms's thick.

Also I don't know how manufacturing works but doesn't having multiple materials on the laptop make the process more expensive? She says that plastic is cheaper, but if you add a piece of metal just on the front, don't you increase the cost of making the case by adding complexity and more steps?

Exactly, I miss the days when laptops had good discrete graphics and you won't even tell that they were for gaming until you read the hardware specs. I don't get why every man child needs to tell every stranger about their hobbies.

I'd reckon it'd be approximately the same, she's talking unibody designs which are much more involved, you're talking a thin piece of sheet with a couple of tiny curves which takes half a second versus taking twenty and then the materials are way cheaper since you aren't milling or forming complicated shapes which require blocks or special alloy sheets to accommodate the pressing.

Just like fucking in public is frowned upon,
playing video games in public is as well.

Leave house activities at the house.

menopause sucks

>ask a girl to come over
>she horny af
>come into my room
>she sees my gaming rig
>"user, what's up with all the colorful leds on your pc, why is it so big? why don't you have a laptop?"
>"h-ehe... I dunno..."
>"you know what user, I have this test tomorrow so I'll actually go home and study, I totally forgot about it!"

>implying a grill knows what a ledd is

*tips fedora

>I don't care if other people think I stink. I am the one who will be smelling myself. and therefore I will be washing only once per month

Video games fry the aesthetics center of your brain.

If girls get turned away by your computer I have a protip for you: it's not your computer, it's you

Haven't been following Linusfor a while... What's going on with a new host? Does she suck?

I only ever game for that amount off toke in LONG stretches of gaming for. I usually stay up from around 10:00 pm - 6:00 am when I wanna game hard.

Jewish grandma is talking about computers and technology... oh, how cute.

PS: and only a retard would be getting computer advice from a post-menopausal woman.

Hi /reddit/