So how mad are you that AMD is back on top?

So how mad are you that AMD is back on top?

Other urls found in this thread:

cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/02/Google-Cloud-Platform-is-the-first-cloud-provider-to-offer-Intel-Skylake.html
dvhardware.net/article66073.html
videocardz.com/66354/core-count-vs-frequency-what-matters-for-gaming
computerbase.de/2017-02/cpu-skalierung-kerne-spiele-test/#diagramm-watch-dogs-2-fps
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700K/3915vs3647
usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/03/06/apple-google-microsoft-hewlett-packard-dell-ipad-iphone-android-ios-samsung-galaxy/1946325/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

only intel pajeets are mad user

860k here. I am excited and mildly aroused.

It's not doe.
Intel still has the server and workstation market by the balls. Zen seems to be marketing the gaming industry for some reason, even tho those little 8 cores will make decent workstations.

I may need to figure out my overclock limitations though, I havnt been below amd performance for a long g time and I damn sure ain't starting now.

Zen is made for the server market, just wait and see naples cuck intel

I'm not convinced they are. Every time AMD launches a product the marketing goes crazy with wild claims and all the fanboys parrot it and buy in. Then a month or so later we find out it was all bullshit and the product sucks for multiple reasons.

I am waiting.
I need to build a new server, and I've been waiting for the better part of 1.5 years for fucking zen.

This isn't the case this time you faggot, nor has it ever been, you obviously only listen to shit made by false flagging shills that do this on purpous

what does a aspie on Sup Forums need a server for

I'm happy actually.

Intel has had a monopoly on Desktop CPUs for too long now, last AMD Processor I had was a Phenom II X6, and I've been using i5's and i7's since then.

This pushes for competition, and whoever comes out the best at the time I need a processor is the best I guess. I'm not gonna ditch my 4790k out of the blue for a while now.

Right now I'm waiting for Zen architecture server CPUs to compare to Xeon right now. I'm in the market to build a decent server.

>competition is back
>intel is forced to actually innovate again
>we get better tech because of this

You'd have to be a retard to be mad about this.

>Intel
>""""""""innovating"""""""""""
intel wont have a proper answer to AMD until at least 2021

its going to be fun 4 years

It was the case with Fury X

>AMD focuses on the desktop gaymer shit market in a period where PC sales are declining
>Intel still dominates servers and laptops (where the money is)
>AMD doesn't actually make enough money from Ryzen to pay off their debts
>mfw the AMDrone tears when AMD goes out of business

Imagine all the shit Intel has saved up to compete though. Even if they don't have better chips ready to go right now all they have to do is stop gimping their current chips with shitty TIM and suddenly that 4.4 ghz can boost to 5.0 ghz with ease.

>implying the jews won't bail them out

>came out
>was a 980ti competitor with a built in water cooler
>ran quieter and cooler for the same price and performance
>and this is what AMD said it would be
and??? this only proves my point more and more that these claims that the fury would be on 20nm and absolutely bfto nvidia are just memes perpetuated by nvidia fanboys and pajeet shills

Kek.
Need at least 8 cores, and I'm planning on around 256gb of ram. And I'm sticking to under 100w tdp for the cpu.
Some form of Intel setup would blow the budget unfortunately, so I wait.

cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2017/02/Google-Cloud-Platform-is-the-first-cloud-provider-to-offer-Intel-Skylake.html

Google already has Skylake-E

AYYMD getting destroyed in a few months when Intel launches Skylake-E

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

>AMDrone
AYYMD

never come back to this board you obvious newfag ledditor

kys amdrone imbecile

You seem to have not understood the question
>FOR
>WHAT
>PURPOSE

I've been here for several years.

Judging by the threads like
Pretty fucking mad and the koality of the shitposting/shilling is... baffling.

If you don't OC video cards the Fury X looked okay, but since most 980TIs will do >1400 MHz boost, even without additional voltage, not OCing one would almost be a crime against humanity.

>laptops
>where the money is
confirmed retard

Also, Naples will destroy Intel's server offerings. Current gen IPC with 32 cores for less than the cost of a 16 or 18 core Xeon is a no-brainer.

Not at all because I don't dickride companies. Everyone should love competition.

why? athlon 64 days best PC days of my life, they probably won't come back but I can reminisce about it with ryzen

my first cpu was an athlon 64 3500+

i buy whatever is best for the money i'm willing to spend

i miss my ocz ddr kit at 2-2-2-5 timings. shit was tight.

Ryzen already has higher IPC than babbylake which is higher IPC then skylake-e

unless intel wants to fully unlock it and give us 12 cores for $1000 then skylake-e is DOA

There's two laptops sold for every desktop sold. People straight up aren't buying desktops anymore.

you realize what is going to happen in summer when 32core 3.4ghz scaleable naples drops?

>2 or 3
yea you're a newfag

leave

>Kaby Lake @ 3.8Ghz

then again intels chip will probably do 5ghz with good water cooling if they solder the ihs. price is critical.

>le amd cant overclock meme

sitting on a 290x that can effortlessly do 1300mhz

that shit meme has been disproved over and over again and is only ever parroted by massive shills

>your definition literally says MORE than 2 or 3
>you say 2 or 3
Hmm yes very good reading comprehension my dear.

I've been here for at least 5 years you dumb AMDrone.

>in a period where PC sales are declining
here the thing that going to happen, PC sales will jump 15% just because strong 8core is mainstream now
We like to pretend that people are stupid, well americans are stupid about their consumerism, but really ton of people didn't buy anything because there was no point.

FALSE

Rypoo only has Broadwell IPC, nice try though

I doubt it, but if thats the case, im glad.

I've been overpaying for intel CPUs by 7 years now, if a real competence shows up intel will be forced to either lower their prices or release better CPUs

>ITS OK ITS AT 500 NIGGAHURTZ

newfags to new to realize this is what intel did with netburst and prescott

(you)

>ryzen can't handle higher than 2400MHz RAM dvhardware.net/article66073.html
>most games dont use more than 4 cores videocardz.com/66354/core-count-vs-frequency-what-matters-for-gaming
computerbase.de/2017-02/cpu-skalierung-kerne-spiele-test/#diagramm-watch-dogs-2-fps
>1700x worse than i7-7700K cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X-vs-Intel-Core-i7-7700K/3915vs3647
Hee hee ha ha ho ho there goes anyones' smile after they already preordered their hardware

>PC sales will jump 15% just because strong 8core is mainstream now
For gamers. Outside of dx12 games, the average person has no use for more than a dual core i3. Chromebooks are outselling Macbooks because people just don't need powerful computers to browse facebook anymore.

>5 years
after housefires, 1.7, inelite and other classic Sup Forums memes

you are a newfag stop denying it

>on top
of what? The shit-tier budget desktop market? the cheap chink shit laptop market?

>pajeet shill cognitive dissonance the post
you aren't convincing anyone by acting dumb

And laptop processors are low binned and cheap on top of the fact that they're almost exclusively sold to OEMs at near wholesale prices. And yes, desktops are still being sold. I work for an HP reseller and we've sold at least ten desktops for every laptop this year, because businesses don't like paying more for less hardware when they don't need it to be portable.

>then skylake-e is DOA
You probably meant:
>Kaby Lake-X is DOA
Skylake-X will only be DOA if Intel decides to continue to be jews instead of getting their shit together and release it at an Actually Competitive Price.
Kaby-X will be DOA no matter what, just like regular Kaby was DOA, and just like Broadwell-E was DOA just like regular Broadwell was.

im not new you fag. ryzens don't seem to overclock well from early tests. if you can show me a ryzen 8 core at 5ghz on water please do.

I'll stay here. I like triggering elitist neckbeards.

coming from my and people around me experience, that's all
there is a lot of i7 sandy closet enthusiasts that were outside of market for a long time, most of them will jump the ship

if AMD was 'back on top' they would not have released canned benchmark results weeks before NDA for independent reviews lift. truth does not fear investigation, and AMD sure seems afraid of the truth (to the point where they are trying to suck up as many preorders as possible before it comes out)

that said, i doubt zen is going to be bulldozer-tier bad, but it's certainly not going to exceed haswell IPC like the AMD fanboy narrative claims

oh god pls tell me youre not the retard from
saying inane shit over and over again

It's a bit hard to explain, but I basically need a shit ton of virtualization capacity.
And because it needs to live in my home, it needs to be compact, so it will have a large DAS too.
Basically multiple VMs, a large high speed ramdisk, and tons of storage that some of which will replace my current home SAN

>AMD cant overclock
see as for CPU's

they have the world record for both single core and all core overclocking

You come to the place with literally UNIX time stamps for image names yet you literally can't even.

>ryzens don't seem to overclock well from early tests
what tests? only OC tests we know about is LN2 5.2ghz on 8 cores

You're so fucking dumb. Literally every product ever released is under NDA until release date.

no but keep dreaming shecklestein, if you believe im samefagging it will be better on your conscious and your jewgold as opposed to the consumer base collectively telling intel to fuck off

Sorry, I meant stay above the amd consumer market cpus.
U less you're referring to those revolutionizing the server market, in which case, I will start laughing now.

>You're so fucking dumb. Literally every product ever released is under NDA until release date.

feb 22nd was the date of amd's ryzen 'launch event', which is normally when nda lifts for all of amd's most recent launches, namely the rx480 launch.

usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/03/06/apple-google-microsoft-hewlett-packard-dell-ipad-iphone-android-ios-samsung-galaxy/1946325/
>6.8 million desktops sold in 2012 vs 23.8 million mobile PCs
Businesses like your customers are not the majority of computer customers.

I think I'm going to stay.

>AMD users
>Elitists
gee didn't know buying a $320 cpu that performs like a $1000 cpu and has the power consumption of a i5 was elitism, back in my day they used to call that being a smart consumer

480 wasn't lifted before store date as well
it's always when in the stores then it lifts, it's not in the stores
come on, how many preorders they can get? 50k? 100k? it's nothing

that's the one. ln2 should be getting it up to 7ghz. doesn't bode well for air or water but i hope for the best. not taking sides.

One part of the lineup has been shown at an AMD event, but it has not been released yet.

>6.8 million desktops
That's a far cry from your claim that people aren't buying them. And like I said, the margins on laptop processors are tiny. Honestly, server and workstation processors are where the real money is at. And honestly, I'm not even sure why we're having this debate, when Ryzen will outperform Intel offerings for less money while drawing less power, and so should be the logical choice for the majority of applications.

>missing the context by this much
Do you have autism? I called him an elitist because of how he treats ""newfags"".

And yes, elitists can berate people for using more expensive hardware. They just have to think that buying expensive hardware is for the "unwashed masses" and they're better than the "sheep" for buying the less popular, cheaper alternative.

>ran quieter and cooler for the same price and performance
your room certainly was not cooler with Fury

>ln2 should be getting it up to 7ghz
son, no 8 core can go that high for long
8350 can because it's structure is unconventional, but 6900k dies at what? same 5.2 but for less than 30 seconds?

If you haven't been here since at the very fucking least 2009 you might as well just fuck off

Your opinions also indicate you have nothing important or intelligent to say, being a massive intel cuck

You know, that promotional Asus Maximus Apex promotional video was using a 7700k.

>your room certainly was not cooler with Fury
it sold out here in russia, saving on heating and having decent gpu at the same time.

>That's a far cry from your claim that people aren't buying them.
That was in 2012, desktop sales have been declining. AMD has 1.4 BILLION dollars in debt. They need to sell a shit ton of high margin processors to avoid going under. Honestly, honestly, honestly, you're honestly delusional if you honestly think AMD honestly honestly

So where in the world is 65c > 85c
Fuck off shill

No, I'm going to stay here. I like making people like you angry.

>Asus Maximus Apex
I chuckled when they mentioned "breach sensor"

>i like turning Sup Forums into leddit

>AMD has 1.4 BILLION dollars in debt
lol, you're funny

AMD halved their debt by introducing some stock options last year and with the margin on these processors they'll probably make enough in preorders to pay off most of their debt. This is ignoring the fact that that 1.4 billion is long term debt so it's not exactly a pressing matter.

Judging by that last sentence you're very butthurt. Could it be because you're a fanboy, or a shill worried about getting paid?

ehm, nobody means actual fury when they say fury they mean fury x
everyone forgot about normal fury months after it came out

That is GPU temperature, temperature of the chip itself, dear retardbro.
It does not say anything about consumption or heat output of given videocard.

>tfw more than $20000 of profits in amd stock
damn i sure am profiting over this dead, dying company

stay mad poorfag pajeet

But reddit forces conformity onto people. People like me would be downvoted on reddit. I like places like Sup Forums because my shit opinions are just as visible as the groupthink approved ones.

and intel ahs 1.5B fine that they didn't pay
what are you getting at? debt means nothing while company can produce IPs, if they run out of R&D then and only then they will be dead

I wish it to them, although not sure if they are exactly on top (the world will probably keep pretending ST performance and/or games matter most).

Hopefully Intel won't get trashed too bad so that I don't get tempted to feel bad about it.

I'm using laptops exclusively since 2006 so I don't give a shit. AMD basically doesn't exist for me.

Oh you mean this stuff, the stuff that makes nvidia look even worse

Zen draws less power than Intel equivalents so it should be perfect for laptops.

i'm very happy and have been enjoying the incel/nvidiot tears a great deal lately.

>ryzen launches
>intel immediately drops their CPU prices to beat it
>amd CPUs get utterly cucked, no one wants to pay extra for ryzen with shitty single core performance
>intels next line of processors just rub salt in the wound and everyone forgets AMD exists for another 5 years

i hope for the best friendo. i'm psyched about ryzen too. not gonna argue too much about it until some regular people start playing with 1700x.

Honestly, my first computer I built used AMD. How could I be a shill if I'm clearly willing to switch processor brands when the competition puts out something better?

>Intel
>Dropping prices
what alternate reality do you fucking live in, intel isn't nvidia, they DONT under any circumstances drop prices, you're probably too new to remember how intel didn't drop prices at all even when they were worse then AMD in the athlon days

does not seem to be a picture of a room

>intel immediately drops their CPU prices to beat it

they already did, enjoy your one time only $10 discount

Intel isn't going to cut prices below AMD. It simply won't happen. They may lower prices, but it probably won't happen right away either. Most likely they'll release Cannon Lake at lower prices than Skylake. Meanwhile, AMD has Zen+ already in the works and Intel doesn't have any major architecture changes coming until 2022, which means we'll get four more generations of 2-3% performance increase before we see any real improvement.

are there any real benchmarks out yet?

Not from anyone reliable.

Why else would you be so butthurt about someone choosing AMD when it's the superior product?

I pre-ordered the stuff cuz jim keller I believe in

so I guess I'll make a thread and run any script anyone gives me on linux in any programming language to do benchmarks