Who /FX/ here in 2017?

Who /FX/ here in 2017?
>Intel will never ever have such excellent price/perf

still have an fx-4100 :(

FX 8350 at the top
FX 4350 at the bottom

Soon going to upgrade them both, though, to whatever bottom Ryzen 5 and a ryzen 3.

The FXs aren't even that old though. I still have a computer that has a Phenom II in it.
My main computer does have an 8350 in it though. I'll probably replace it with a Ryzen at some point, and move the 8350 into my home server.

I have a 9590... not sure why I bought this. I've got an 1800X on the way though.

If encoding is most important from the tasks about which you care, it has pretty good bang for buck.

I bought an fx 57 back in the day over an opteron 165. I've had a 8350 for the past few years.

Nope, still part of the /Thuban/ master race. The four module FX chips aren't even an upgrade over my 1090T with its six beautiful real cores.

Me.
I have a FX 8320 OC'd to 4.5GHz and a FX 6300 at stock.

They both behave well, I don't think I'll replace them any time soon.

fx 6300 here, Ryzen 5 will set me free

I have a personal computer with an underclocked 8350 because it was overheating in a game that actually made use of all 8 cores.

Trying to decide whether it's worth it to get the 1700x or the 1700, waiting for benches, and if it's disappointing in games, waiting for and getting the 1600x instead. That base 3.6 with 4.0 clock will be awesome.

It's so cute to see all the revisionists coming out pretending the FX was ever good.
Fuck off tards.

1700 should have ~33% more performance in fully multithreaded apps
1600 should have higher overclocking potential due to lower thermal output

Its the best cheap processor for work you can get until Ryzen

Unless you shill more for 8 cores Intels, like a lot more

I already figured this. All that's left is to see where the 1700/1700x stands in vidya lames. We'll see in 3 days.

I have a 9370 and like I'm not sure why I bought it. Got it for €130 new though.

>he bought a faildozer

FX4300 for 90€. runs just fine here I don't do much other than browsing the internet and doing some light video editing & coding

Problem with Phenom is lack of stuff like AES and particularly SSE4/SSSE3, which are huge for multimedia and even video decoding on CPU.

I had to move from K10 to Piledriver because of x265, which ran at 30% of proper speed due to lack of SSE4, required for the assembly code.

>SSE4/SSSE3
This is one of the main reasons why phenom 2 was shit in pcsx2 when compared to late core2.

FX-8350 here, bought it 3 years ago. Works fine.

>tfw bought an 8350 with a good motherboard, 212evo and 16gb RAM from some Sup Forums autist
>gave him only $90 for all of it

I'm an intel Xeon fanboy but I have to admit this is fucking badass. You have my respect. I need a setup like this.

FX-6300 here.
I would still be using an Intel Core 2 if it didn't lack AES-NI and USB 3

I've bought a FX-8320 last year.
It is an underclocked 8350 which i can regulate myself (which costs the Intel fags a hundred bucks on top for OC'ing) and plays all modern games just fine.

Stays cool as well :)

Gifted it to a friend, sitting on a 2400S. I regret about it, just a little.

>ITT: Self-indulging AMD babbys

Using a 8370 that I bought in 2014. Still handles everything I throw at it. I got it super cheap too.

My younger brother's friend bought Phenom II x6 (1055T). Paired with GTX 1050 and 8GB DDR3, almost every game werks pretty fine. Phenom II CPUs were superb.

>not Ryzen
Are you a degenerate homosexual?
Do you want me to deposit my impregnating fluids in your anus for recreational purposes?

FX-8350 here

Not upgrading because I'm poor and well I don't need either, I don't do anything this cant handle

Stock fx8350 with a Gtx 1080

Phenom II user here also. FX cpus ran older games like shit. timing/jerking issues. The cpu patches/game tweaks,etc never worked. (Had FX 8300 w/same mobo,ram.graphics config) Dropped the Phenom back in and all timing/jerking issues vanished. Now if all I did was non gaming tasks then the FX would be perfect. So it'd make a good server/workstation cpu which is why I kept the fx 8300 (plus i got it on sale at the newegg). Will continue to use my trusty phenom II till it dies (I have a spare just in case)

Waiting for Ryzen 5, fps fluctuates too much and there are dips where the cpu is at 100% and GPU go 0% then back to 100%, tipical bottleneck.

thats true, I cant encode videos at 1080p because it will simply take hours, totally destroying flow of work. I own a 965 and many times I had to wait for game patches to remove the need for SSE4

Who else /Core2Quad/ here?

FX 6300 @4.4ghz here

I've had it for 4 years

3 years*

Me too...sitting on my monitor base.

Fx 630p here. Had it clocked at 4.3ghz but recently had pull my cmos and too lazy to ckock it back. This is where xfr would be nice for lazy dudes

what motherboards, you fags got?
FX6100 on a 970A-G43

The funny part: inside a Corsair T-600, bitches.

FX 6300 hara, bought it on 2013 so im happy about the multicore performance until now, obviously upgrading to ryzen

6300 here, bought in 2013. Bottlenecking the shit out of my 480, gonna upgrade soon to Ryzen maybe.

i only recently built my comp, new to computers, i have a fx 4300, was looking at upgrading within the FX family, since im not surei want to buy a am4 processor.

but how come the FX line power consumption is so high.

I happen to have the same Motherboard.
Got it hooked up with 16gb of ddr3 1333 ram and a 480 and a 8320

Works like a Charm, all the connectors i need and much space.
Only con i have is the placenent of the CPU PCI.
Thats too far off to have nice and tidy cable Management.

i mean am4 motherboard

>tfw 4300 + gtx 660

hell ain't got shit on the temp in my room during summer

You don't upgrade 'within' FX series.
Do yourself a favour and buy Ryzen. It will triple your performance.

Why though?
If you dont want to brag with cinebench Benchmarks or utilize heavy Single core Performance the fx series is cheap and potent.

I had an fx 8320e 4.7ghz all cores with a Kraken X61 and oh boy it produced some heat,and it was shit for gaming, at least in various games, i jumped to an i5 6600k and a puny evo 212 and holy shit night and day difference on stock clocks!!!! Now for Ryzen i will wait for REAL benchmarks. So yeah the AMD FX was good for winters.

I always wanted an FX. Maybe once Ryzen drops the old stock will be on fire sale in a year.
>Your setup will never be this cool
Why even live?

>e Version

Thats where things went wrong m8

Not for much longer - ryzen will be mine.

¿Really? i thought the "e" edition was the more "energy effcient" version,since all the FX are the same except for the factory stock clocks and since this cpu was rated for 95w well i guess i need to learn more.....

6300, was my first gaming pc ever and I'm a poorfag. Sidegraded to an itx build with i3 7100, and the fx 6300 pc is a minecraft/file server. Will upgrade to 7700 or 8700 or possibly even Ryzen like in a year or so, and possibly even going to turn the 7100 build into a router.

The e editions are just down clocked versions of the originals

Still rocking 6300

FX-8370 master race.

Nope dodged fail dozer with a 3570k.

Still using a i7-920 bought in 2008.

No need to upgrade here.

Show cpu-z bench in comparison to 8350.
Single and Multi thread.
I guess the 8350 can be selected there.

Nigga I'm phenom II x4 955 and intel n450

>tfw, FX-8150
Waiting for Ryzen

Wew.
If this thread lasts for another 5 hours or more i'm going to make the same with my 8320 non-e.

What else are you using?

Im going 8320, 16gb 1333, 480 8gb

FX 8320 clocked @ 4.3 here.

Does everything i throw at it, lags bad in games my rx 470 but its quite ok.

>excellent price to performance
>top end model gets BTFO by a dual core I3

>8320e @ 4.7 opm 1.428v
>silver arrow to cool it
>M5A99x (only rated for 140w)
>290x
>12gb of 1600mhz ram at fuck knows timings

>FX
>Good
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

>meanwhile, in 2016

Okay, thats somewhat compareable.
Will deliver in 5-6hours

Are you preparing to make a crypto mining station, bro?

FX-8320 + HD 7870 today.

Going R7 1700X + RX 480 soon

nah

bought my phenom II back in 2010 and it's been rolling right along fine ever since. really though depending on what you do with the pc you might be in good shape with what cpu you got now. gaming for ex, say your pulling 60+ fps with AA/AF enabled and high res. why upgrade? Seems to me you'd be wasting your money. Sooner or later your gonna hit a wall fps wise, either the game will be fps locked (60) or it will be running so fast to make it unplayable and hurt your eyes. Now adding more ram/or swapping your boot drive to a ssd will give benefits.

fx6300 here
and its been really good to me for years.

I might upgrade to ryzen but honestly the 6300 is good enough probably for a few more years for me. I still never OC'd it and its got a stock cooler. its got room to grow

you probably do some very basic tasks like web browsing and thats probably it, A core 2 duo would do you just fine

Hell core 2 duo is probably more powerful than the fx6300

>Hell core 2 duo is probably more powerful than the fx6300

No, no its not.

I play some games. It handles DOOM, rocket league, and factorio without lag. DOOM is pushing it but it plays fine
I also do some pretty extreme web browsing, 60+ tabs open all the time.

fx6300 is a beasty little processor. a core 2 duo definitely would not have handled the shit I've thrown at this stock fx6300

>I also do some pretty extreme web browsing, 60+ tabs open all the time.

Web browsing cares more about ram.

stock cooler on my 6300 would hit jet turbine levels on medium-high loads (minecraft client + separate server) and hit 50-55C
replaced it with a 212 sink + nf14 fan and the same load hits 40-43C at a quiet 900 rpm

the old amd stock coolers are pretty garbage.
but otherwise it's the same for me; the fx6300 is still adequate

Look at the performance of that steaming pile of shit. It runs like ass on the """best""" cpu's. You aren't trying very hard.

it's 5-6 fucking years old and the modules basically mean 8 low ipc power hungry cores.

there's gonna be a r5 and r3, save yourself user

Power consumption is not an Argument.
Power is too fucking cheap to be one.
Heat isn't one too. My fx stays cooler than i7 house fire cpus.
I just want to play a bit of vidya here and there.

Its why the wraith cooler is so important - its basically as good as the evo 212 (which has hit meme status these days) plus it hits the recent OMG RGB IT GLOWS trend. Wraith on low TDP (65w or lower) chips gives actual decent overclocking headroom which puts AMD in a strong position.

I do embrace the delidlake meme, but come on, even the most tryharding amd fanboys will agree overcloked fx (or some stock ones) should have your local fire dept on a speed dial

Intel supports Feminist Frequency. That's the only reason I buy AMD.

I agree that you can't overclock with the Stock cooler.
I've got the pure Rock from be quiet! and got my 8320 running at 3,7ghz. It is at 25-27 degrees C at idle, under load 50.
Maybe i will overclock later on to try it out.

How far can I push my 8320 amd bros?

If it has 2 fans the dark rock is good for 4.5ghz to the 4.7ghz wall fx hit. Beyond that point the fact the fan profile be quiest users for its low low noise output isn't enough to handle higher clocks. If you had airport level of fans (delta yo) the heatsink is good for 5ghz).

4,5 is enough for me.
Which voltage did You use?

What is the name of those speakers you have?

1.428v when testing IBT for 2hrs. Really I should stress test for 12-24hrs but I doubt my mobo could withstand it. Still for "vidya stable" it is more than enough.

I suspect my chip is good for 5ghz based on a little testing but my mobo is in no way capable of handling the voltage. If I had a sabertooth or crosshair then 5ghz on air would be within reach.

Where do your legs go?

>what is wireless

Ignoring input lag of course.

>AMD FX processors
>motherboards with video outputs

Pick one you lying nigger faggot.

B-B-B-BUSTED

I'm still using Phenom ii

Primary has an 8120 @ 4GHz, with a failing AKASA X4 for cooling. Fan bearings completely fucked. I remember at the time the i5s where about £160, whilst I managed to get an 8120 for around £95. Still runs everything perfectly fine

Project computer has an Phenom X4 :} Always loved that naming scheme