Redpill me on DuckDuckGo. Is it what it claims to be?

Redpill me on DuckDuckGo. Is it what it claims to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_Database
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo
eu.startpage.com/
eu.startpage.com/eng/privacy-policy.html#hmb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

No

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Maybe

I don't know

Can you repeat the question?

It's an effort of redistribution so there isn't just one company selling your data

yes i can

I don't think so.

What would be a better non-botnet alternative?

>Is it what it claims to be
You mean multi-search engine? Yes, there are no other alternatives (sad!). Something something about privacy? No

Google in incognito mode

>Google in incognito mode

>incognito mode
Normie Gtfo my board

Basically, it's just Bing.

You're not the boss of me, user

>Redpill me
what does this even mean? sorry, i am not familiar with generation Z lingo. is it a total recall reference?

wtf? do you not have chrome?

startpage/ixquick

life is unfair

This is not alternative, no bang system.

>muh bangs
fuck off retard. both firefox and chrome have this functionality built in, no need to route all your search requests through duckduckgo's US based servers.

sidenote: the last project the duckduckgo founder owned was sold by him, including all userdata. i would not route my traffic through his servers if i cared about privacy.

the only one getting banged here is you

Qwant

I think it's a die hard reference or something.

donald plz go

it is a reference to Sailor Moon animu

It's a shittier search engine but it's not a botnet at least.

Plus the duck looks nice.

reminder

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_Database
>The Names Database was formed in 2003 after Gabriel Weinberg put up pages of names that were subsequently indexed by search engines.
>At the time of acquisition the company had "approximately 50,000 pay subscribers and [was] expected to generate less than a million dollars in revenues" that year.
>The company was acquired by Classmates.com for "approximately $10 million in cash" in March 2006.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo
>Created by Gabriel Weinberg
>Headquarters 20 Paoli Pike, Paoli, Pennsylvania, United States

this
startpage is also located in the us
only option is searx

>startpage is also located in the us
they have servers in the US, but most of their servers as well as their headquarters are in europe.

just use eu.startpage.com/ if you're located in the US, though searx is fine as well

eu.startpage.com/eng/privacy-policy.html#hmb
Governmental Requests
StartPage is headquartered in The Netherlands, Europe. Because we don't store any personal information to begin with, StartPage is unlikely to receive any requests by governments to hand over data about our users. In the seventeen years we've been in business, we have never received any such request.

If we ever do receive a request from Dutch judicial authorities to hand over certain information, we will have our lawyers check the validity of the request and determine whether we are obliged to comply. We will not comply with such requests unless we are convinced that the request is legally valid and we believe that it is undeniably our legal obligation to comply.

We will not comply with requests from any authorities other than Dutch authorities. If we receive a request from any foreign government, we will refuse to comply and will instead instruct the requestor to place a formal request to the Dutch authorities for mutual assistance.

StartPage will never cooperate with any voluntary surveillance programs. [...]

>current year
>not using one-time pad encryption to deliver search queries by Morse code

In all seriousness though Ixquick > DickButtGo

cool thanks

Its better than Jewgle. Been using it for years with no issues

>they think there's an internet service that can protect their privacy in 2017
kek

OH DAMN DELICIOUS PIZZA FUCK MAN IM HUNGRY NOW JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THOSE CHEESE STRINGS MARVELOUS

Fuck this topic, I want to know if qwant.com is what it claims to be.

DuckDuckGo runs in secure Aryan servers

Google is progressive nigger jewshit

no it sells your info and is slow as fucking shit

use searx.me

Both google and startpage turn up next to nothing when I search for piracy shit. DDG does give me results so I keep using it.