Is there anything better for a Java programmer that I'm not aware of?

Title, please give a small explanation.

>java

Intellij.

Why is that? The first result in Google dates from years back citing something about contextual autocompletion, which eclipse has at least now. What are the advantages to offset it being a paid product of you don't take the community version?

A java dev could try killing himself and help humanity move forward

Netbeans. Better Support for pretty much every platform (Web, JavaFX, SQL).

and the auto completion is actually good

It's 2017. IntelliJ is actually more bloated than Eclipse.

Netbeans is better than both.

JCreator but
>Java
POO

Netbeans

C

Intellij, Netbeans second

Most of Sup Forums users are autistic so It's best to use BlueJ.

eclipse has the shittiest configuration management I've ever seen. It's so bad that they decided to create a separate service (called oomph) that's constantly running with the only purpose of tracking your preferences.

For the first year or two.

After that only zoloft

IntelliJ. You can't go wrong with czech developers.

Any Java IDE I've come across has bloat to some degree.

better autocompletion, better Spring integration and better overall usability.

If you want to use eclipse get the Spring Tool Suite version at least.

>Is there anything better for a Java programmer that I'm not aware of?

I learned on netbeans, so I enjoy netbeans. I like netbeans.

Second, intellij is much more polished.

The color blocking is handy.

Use vim and openjdk, if you want to be 1337 hacker.

Atom.

Intellij

I used both. Intellij was fast, convenient and just worked, where eclipse took hours, never worked, never gave me featues like running tests from the context menu, and looked like ass

I wish. Netbeans has a better editor experience, but any time I have to do something behind the scenes, I immediately regret using it. So I'm stuck with this glitchy thing.

>System.out.println(":^)");

>print(":^)")

>import java.util.Scanner;
>Scanner s = new Scanner(System.in);
>String input = s.nextLine();

>s = input()

what a great language

Fuck Intellij. Shit eats up ram like no tomorrow and the UI is bad. Rather use Netbeans than it, much comfier but Eclipse is superior.

Shit. I find eclipse much better

NetBeans is decent and worth the look. Used it for some JavaFX work and the support was solid. UI is nice looking too, probably the best out of the three imo.

Is there any way to make eclipse suggest you autocomplete with the names of the variables and methods that you already create just like any other IDE or text editor?

God this IDE is pure horseshit.

Unironically Netbeans

It's 2017, RAM shouldn't be a problem if you've got more than 256mb in that potato of yours. Also, Eclipse is dated, clumsy and ugly as fuck.

Eclipse

>not doing s.close() at the end
Enjoy your memory leak.

java by design is fucking bloated

+1 for Intellij. It's just nicer. It will be nicer for Scala and stuff, too.

>
> Shit eats up ram like no tomorrow
Wat?

> and the UI is bad
It's good. What else do you want, more god damn pictures wasting space?

I wouldn't. Eclipse's auto-suggest feature has been broken for the better part of half a decade, atleast. It can be so incredibly aggressive that you can't get 2 or 3 characters out before it tries to forcibly pidgeonhole you into picking a method you didn't want.

And god forbid you're trying to make a call to a library that's still updating, it'll show up as an error until Eclipse finishes trying to validate every fucking file in your project 3 hours later.

PAJEET

It has some bloat in the design but it's not even much of a factor.

Run the typical Adobeshit or Firefox or many other things that are clearly not Java and you get more bloat than with many a Java application.

Pajeet is a pretty good IDE. I hate how it refuses to flush though. If only it knew how to use the loo.

Who the hell programs in Microsoft Word?

then you're straight-up fucking retarded

Cannot be understated.

You use Eclipse because there wasn't enough push to put money in the budget to pay for IntelliJ

I used to but then I found programming in Excel was much easier.

Don't joke about that shit. The government is loaded with retards writing XSL transforms and VBScripts in Excel because all they fucking know is Excel.

What's wrong with making vbscripts in excel? I don't really use excel that much.

The same shit that's wrong with using Excel or Access for any sort of database oriented input.

They're not intended to be used that way. They're barely intended to be good products.

You're not very familiar with Java, are you?

While it's a good idea to close data streams to avoid unnecessarily locking them until the GC picks them up, the stream will finalize as soon as it's GC'd.

And besides, it's a local-scoped variables that has no external references, that makes it a GC root and it'd be GC'd immediately.

this. The UI is comfy as fuck and intuitive.

Is there any other IDE that will do this? Netbeans and Eclipse are better in every regard cept for this

IntelliJ does.

it just werks (tm). it downloads plugins after determining your project type. code searches are super faster and it has a built in decompiler because fuck the system. sure, eclipse has that if you want to hunt for plugins for your current version and rice the hell out of it. The bitch eats ram and hard disk but i really don't give a shit when i'm writing javeet projects on my company workstation

yep, this thread is over now, intellij is the best option