Is port forwarding a meme?

Is port forwarding a meme?

jesus fuck go away you illiterate dumbshit

Yes. It's 2017. You should be using IPv6.

Your very existence is a meme, now please go back to and don't come back.

Explain.

IPv6 gives every devices its own public address, eliminating the need for port forwarding. This is how the Internet was originally envisioned.
You should still use a firewall, of course.

oh
my
god

>oh my god
I'm humbled.

network ignorants, the thread

What specifically is wrong with ?

A meme (/ˈmiːm/ MEEM) is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture".

I guess.

You guys need to get laid, you sound miserable

>he doesnt know how nat works
you have to be at least 18 years of age to post here.

I have a girlfriend whom I live with.

No you fucking mongoloid
When a service sends a packet to an address port forwarding just tells where that packet needs to be sent

Tell that to ISPs and game devs who are unable to figure out how to provide IPv6 support.

So do ISPs that use dynamic IPs have to use static ones with IPv6? If not then it would still be pointless.

Doesn't mean you get laid, you cuck.

Non-issue. Use DNS.

You're right, I prefer to fuck standing up.

The fuck is the point of having an open NAT on COD then?

What the hell is "COD"?

He doesn't know how firewalls work.

You sound mentally retarded. Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

e d g y

this is why we have the stereotype of network people being complete assholes

you make me look bad, stop it

A type of fish.

Nice reddit fomatting there, faggot.

I just came into this thread to learn, what's all the salt?

As a married man, I can attest to this. The proverbial well, has gone dry. ;^{

Your IPv6 address is 64 bits from the ISP plus 64 bits from your device. The 64 bits from your device is upper 24 bits of your mac + 0xfffe + the lower 24 bits of your mac address.

This allows routing to work like it always has and gives every device a globally unique IP address.

Does it refer to the game Call of Duty?
What is the connection here? (pun intended)

Why forward ports when you can just fuck around the corner of the house and the tears are quite delicious and I will be in touch with you and they'll likely leave you alone unless you're on a watchlist or a new one for the foreseeable future and the tears are quite delicious and I will be in touch with you and they'll likely leave you alone unless you're on a watchlist or a new one for the foreseeable future and the tears are quite delicious and I will be in touch with you and they'll likely leave you alone unless you're on a watchlist or a new one for the foreseeable future and the tears are quite delicious and I will be in touch with you and they'll likely leave you alone unless you're on a watchlist or a new one for the foreseeable future and the tears are quite delicious and I will be in touch with you.

I will be in touch with you.

takes one

to know one

>baby's first markov chain

NAT? NAT is used because of the shortage of IPv4 adresses. What are you on about?

Also, what does a fish have to do with any of this?

> Live in Belgium
> 48% IPv6 adoption
mfw

Is right.
> implying you need port forwarding for a firewall
You don't know how firewalls work.

>markov chain
>not using the keyboard suggestions to make the best shitposts

Why don't you go through my head and say hi to me burn and watch your mouth closed for all eternity in Iraq

nat doubles as a security feature

>literally mobileposting
that's shitposting alright

El problema es que no se si es necesario hacerlo el medio ambiente es cosa de todos los mensajes de la empresa que no se si es necesario hacerlo el medio ambiente es cosa de todos

>network illiteracy: the thread

NAT is still possible with IPv6 though.

>NAT is used because of the shortage of IPv4 adresses
Wew lad

Are you actually implying he's wrong?

right, and even though one of the objectives of ipv6 is to not need to nat, it will still be a good thing to do it, and just 1:1

RFC 4864

Although there are many perceived benefits to Network Address Translation (NAT), its primary benefit of “amplifying” available address space is not needed in IPv6. In addition to NAT’s many serious disadvantages, there is a perception that other benefits exist, such as a variety of management and security attributes that could be useful for an Internet Protocol site. IPv6 was designed with the intention of making NAT unnecessary, and this document shows how Local Network Protection (LNP) using IPv6 can provide the same or more benefits without the need for address translation.

You're a bloody idiot

He's correct that NAT is beneficial for that reason, but it absolutely wasnt the reason it was developed and implemented.

Do you have any idea the unbelievable headache network management becomes if you're not administrating everything inside of private ranges?
NATs benefit in terms of allocating IPv4 address and security are entirely secondary benefits, it is first and foremost for management.

You're a fucking faggot.

> its primary benefit of “amplifying” available address space is not needed in IPv6
> there is a perception that other benefits exist, such as a variety of management and security attributes

You're right that it's a benefit, but administration definitely wasn't is goal. The shortage of IPv4 adresses was.

>ITT: people who don't know that you can have firewalls without NAT

no u

Its completely wrong and shows that he doesn't understand how the internet works. Every device having a public IP is not only not possible due to routers, but would be a security catastrophe.

7/10

That's giving him too much credit

>if you can't put up with my ineptitude you must be miserable

>You don't know how firewalls work.
Then why don't you explain.

*whomst

Is the most misused term on g. So annoying.

It is a waste given that are millions of devices and routers can perform port forwarding, but depends of your needs.
Speed vs ip saving

maak mij een broodje smos