Want a job in IT and invest in my future

>Want a job in IT and invest in my future
>forced to do shitty callcenter jobs surrounded by people without any technical experience, or motivation to do a good job.
>have a shit resume for IT because I did something else that didn't work out.
Is there any other way I can get myself to be interesting enough to get hired by a decent company?

Create/contribute to an interesting piece of software.
Alternatively dye your hair some non-human colour and pick a mental illness to be proud of.

Personal projects

Get into Linux and become sysadmin.
It's a good job because the more you know the more you can automate and the more free time you get.

You will be competing with people who have spent 8-10 hours per day getting technical experience, why would someone hire you? Spend the rest of your waking hours studying and doing personal projects. Don't spend your time on this board. Work on your appearance and soft-skills to bs your way through an interview.

If you put enough hours into it, you will look good on paper eventually.

do people unironically believe call center jobs look like on the left?!

who made this?! the call center lobby?! what the fuck

this cant be real

well, IT is too crowded these days, so I'm learning a trade that likely won't be automated anytime soon.

Ahahah so funny meme :)

>what I was hoping my IT call centre job would be like

Are you fucking brain-damaged?

>Want a job in IT and invest in my future
And you thought a call center would be the best idea?
Are you retarded?

At what point would you say one is capable enough to apply for such a job?

I have a decent knowledge of linux, but my network skills are lacking...

I've never touched linux in my life but have a friend who would be willing to help get me into it and I can use google I guess that makes me a good IT.

I have too many personal projects but they're not specifically IT related. More like dicking around in UE4 and programming when I'm forced to for a certain mechanic.

I have anxiety but I'm not keen on dying my hair since I don't want to go bald.

>never seen something before so don't have 1st hand experience
>don't know anyone who has had experience with it
>Apparently this means I'm brain damaged.
If anything sir, you seem to have problems being able to differentiate between something you have experienced and something another person has experienced. Autism, quite literally in this case, is often the result of brain damage due to a lack of oxygen during childbirth, so perhaps you should tell your mom to not fuck her ass with a baseball bat while she's in labor.

Problem is i'm 31 and need the work now. What are you shifting over to?

>Callcenter
>IT
There's a reason they hire anybody.

Get certified. Your callcenter experience will give you a huge leg up on getting into an actual HELPDESK position.
HELPDESK. Not call center. HELPDESK.
Very important you make that distinction.

>i'm 31
31, and only barely qualified to work at a poo-in-loo tier job - where did your life go so wrong

mom was 21 when she had me. decided to dump my dad and marry his brother. They had kids. dad's brother died next to me in the car the day they married. mom had new boyfriend within 10 weeks. Had another kid with him. 7 years later she cheats on him, and goes to swap boyfriends so often I forgot how many there were and what their names were. One of them physically abused me. They wanted to force me to work in a bar with strippers. I was scared and bailed. mom always blamed me for everything. tried my best to handle conflicts according to info on the internet, but mom got more pissed. Hit me in the face. I hit her back, and she kicked me out of the house.

After that I was on my own mostly, and as you might expect this took a while to recover from. The first thing I did however was get a basic level degree in ICT because I was already good at that stuff, and it hardly cost me any effort or teach me anything.
Around that time got dumped by the love of my life. She cheated. Surprise surprise.
Shortly after a girl accused me of rape because i tried to sex her while she was in my bed, which was scary af, but I didn't get a verdict for.

After I wanted a higher level of education, which I really went for but due to my mommy issues being in a class with 26 girls was kind of a problem, especially with the school's feminist ideology which has made more men than just me into beta fucks. Due to this problem I wasn't able to participate in group activities as the girls often refused and the school just let this happen. I tried to keep going and after 6 years of hard work they told me the credits I achieved were going to be nullified because they're too old.

Then started immediately working in techsupport jobs, of which I've had 2 now, but the last one has been utter shit.

So yeah I'm pretty much fucked, but i'm doing my best to get at least some form of stability in my life. Does that answer your question?

Thanks. I'll see what I can do to make that happen. I know callcenter isn't helpdesk. Or at least I noticed there was a distinction between 2 types, so that's what I'm going for as my next step.

These are the only possible startup jobs where I live unless you do so as an internship.

I unironically love reading the stories of people with worse lives than mine on Sup Forums. There aren't many, so it's a pleasure when I get to do it. And ignore faggots who complain that you're a failure; the past has already happened, and the only way to catch up with everyone else is to do exactly what you are doing. If they try to discourage you, it's because they feel threatened.

By the way, I currently have a job, and I think I got it by learning IT shit in my spare time. In interviews, it's great if you have experience, and you do, but you'll really stand out if they ask you about something and you say, "I've never worked with that before, but I have been learning about it in my own free time." My current employers basically undressed me and sucked my dick in the middle of the office when I said I had a virtual machine for practising CentOS commands.

Why'd you get scared at the stripper joint? You would've probably manned up there.

You will succeed my dude

Do not give up
The bad times do not last
Everything will be okay, you just need to keep on pushing through.