I don't have any patience to learn a new language

I don't have any patience to learn a new language

your loss

Letting your weakness dominate your choices in life.

Learn German, it's fairly similar to English in the vocab department. Grammar might be hard for you though.

Learning a language is a waste of time desu unless it's Chinese for Chinese entertainment.

European entertainment is all in English and mostly worthless.

What else can I do with my time

Nothing?

Read books published in English.

Same, I started wanting to do it as a hobby but I've lost motivation

You have to be interested in it. Besides English the only language that matters is French in my opinion, a lot of people might say Chinese but it sounds horrible and it's only for job reasons.

>having a job

The only reason to learn Chinese is Chinese cartoons period.

What's the point of that?

>Chinese cartoons
wew lad

Quite the generic opinion. You probably think french "is so posh". Ew.

>learning a language is a waste of time

what did i expect from a burger

What language other than english even matters

Im honestly asking

But it's true. Any significant Spanish author is already translated, and enough Spanish material is translated in English so as to make it the case if you were to dedicate a 1,000 year lifespan to studying only Spanish translated English literature, you'd barely scratch the surface.

And that's to say nothing of extant English original literature that'd you'd be ignoring that is clearly superior.

Plus, the Spanish speaking world produces nothing of any value and the minuscule scraps of intelligence it leaks is already translated.

1/10 language.

Worthwhile languages come from countries without a strong English tradition, and those are mostly worthless as well.

You should learn German because muh philosophers and poets though

Classical Arabic, which is absolutely necessary to understand the Book of Indisputable Truths

Seriously whats the fucking point of reading an english book

Im a fucking loser

Already translated.

Plus, how many of you actually read philosophy and poetry?

Want to spend your time well? Study an English philosopher. They did everything of merit, anyhow, especially the analytic school.

In your cunt, Spanish will matter soon enough
In Europe, German or French

No translation of Kant will ever be on par with the original. Also, German philosophers were extremely important in the redefinition of moralism and logic.

I will concede that Empiricism (mostly propelled by the Brits) was extremely important to the Western World however.

reading is for growth

if you already killed your own development then obviously everything is meaningless

Growth of what, sir

>reading Kant

Gross. Just read aggregations of his work.

Plus, most of his ideas were really dumb.

depending on what you read

if nothing a better reader

What about Australia
We're not really close enough to other countries to justify trying to learn something like Spanish or French

I feel the same way OP. I can pick up a language but not having anyone to practice it with is very frustrating and I end up just dropping them.

Depending on what type of books?

and how you read them

"OMG".

Do you literally lack imagination so much that you couldn't come up with a single answer?

Me neither. Boss wants me to learn C#. I rather kill myself.

How I read them?

Yes, there are many ways to read a book

Many ways?

not preciously in reading but more like being critically aware of what is said or not said

?

It's always the anglo saying shit like "learning languages is useless" trying to rationalize their monolingualism. Not surprisingly the "cult of ignorance" that permeates modern western society, and has arguably destroyed it, emanates from the same countries.

>It's always the anglo saying shit like "learning languages is useless

Because English is the most widely translated to and from language and having a native mastery of English is more useful than and superior to a native mastery of any other language by far.

Is learning languages useless?

It will never stop amazing me the fact that monkeys can learn English and speak it so well

Dies

Me neither.

I would be "fluent" in at least two or three languages by now If I could stay focused for more than a couple of minutes at once, given all the years I've wasted doing nothing but opening countless tabs only for a couple of minutes and scrolling webpage after webpage on internet

Fucking loser

We'll all be speaking 0s and 1s in the future anyways

For most people.

Superior in what way? I might make a few mistakes in writing and speaking but my comprehension level is on par with any native, put it to the test if you will.

If anything speaking English will poison your soul, as you see your language become diluted and impure before your very eyes by the barbaric hordes which you yourself have invited to speak as a common language. This will go on until it's no more than a bastardized quasi-parody of what it once was, as it once happened to Latin.
I don't let the conditions of my birth dictate how I live my life, perhaps you would do well to do the same.

If you could magically become fluent in one language, but could NEVER learn another language again, which language would you choose?

do I lose my current language?

Ooo oo OOOH AHH ah AH

No

You people are terrible at banter, I wish this discussion would've happened with an Australian or something, at least I'd have had a giggle or two.

then Japanese

Huebert on suicide watch

>mfw I'm fluent in 4 languages

Russian, Elvish, English and..?

Mingrelian

>See post praising monolingualism and mediocrity.
>Check flag: US of a

Everytime.

Why would any American want to learn German? All of you just speak English with anglos when we try to practice.

>Initiate a conversation with a Europeon in their language to practice
>They respond in English

FUCK. OFF.

German to english translations are shit. Seriously, I swear english translators seem to be retarded.

Yes, Anglos are incredibly dumb compared to the Spanish speaking world.

Said literally nobody fucking ever.

>clapper reading comprehension.

If I was in a European country or the US I could at least feel obligated to try and learn Spanish, French or German but there's literally no one near us

Chinese famalam

I don't want to learn Chinese

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 와 진짝
네 모리가 안 좋겠네...

t. Trudeau

DELET THIS

I don't have the patience, but I really, really want to learn Korean. I study for around an hour per day, at this rate I'll be fluent in around 500 years.

you should probably study more than that. A language like Korean probably takes around 2200 hours to become fluent. It is an estimate though, and it is just hearsay, but that is where you want to aim at.