I sure hope you hit the Safely Remove button before you disconnect your hardware, Sup Forums

I sure hope you hit the Safely Remove button before you disconnect your hardware, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

raymond.cc/blog/hide-or-remove-safely-remove-hardware-tray-icon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do.

Yes, I know that drives are optimized for removal so that as long as no active writing is taking place it should be fine, but it is a small thing to make sure it will be fine.

I'm sure you don't pull it out of a Linux machine before unmounting it. It's just the same.

I do for external hard drives, not for flash drives though.

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

Am I the only one who still ejects MicroSD readers? Do I need to?

>Dude across the hall in residence had a GTX 970
>It would show up as an option to safely remove it from there

I'M SORRY DAVE. I'M AFRAID I CAN'T DO THAT.

The reader itself, no. If you are going to unplug the reader with the card still in it then you should eject it.

Everytime I try to eject a reader, it doesn't do anything, still shows up in My Computer, and I end up pulling it anyway.

raymond.cc/blog/hide-or-remove-safely-remove-hardware-tray-icon/

Fuck the police.

>DirectWrite
Oh man this application is old.

happens all the time with my usb 3.0 external drive

Some do that, some don't.
Sometimes if you eject the reader it shows up in My Computer but if you try to access it (the card is still in) then you will get an access denied, which means the card is unmounted.

If you want to take out the card and put another one in then in My Computer right click on the reader (the drive) and click Eject there, then you can take the card out and put a new card in and it will show up again.

It does vary a bit depending on what chip the reader uses.

>current year
>using winshit
I can mount/unmount through the file explorer or command line. Install Gentoo, motherfucker.

>Being proud of command line bullshit

Autism.

>that screenshot is 7 years old

My flash drive died because of not doing that some time ago so.. yeah, i do that now everytime.

I do it just to check if I forgot to close a program using it.

>being proud of using a shitty os

>tfw my internal drives show up as ejectable

Wasn't that a bug that got fixed?

you mean lack of DirectWrite?

Only pussies do this. I have been disconnecting my hdds and flashdrives in various ways and never bothered to click this dumb shit. Everything still works after 4 years.

I lost my fresh data 3 times by unmounting the usb manually. Hopefully it was non-important

Always

t. retards

flashdrives probably won't have problems with broken sectors, just corrupted files. HDDs, on the other hand, need to power down properly

>claims os is shitty without actually making any valid points about it
>next step is usually name calling