Tell me, without memeing, the easiest way to become employable in computer science

Tell me, without memeing, the easiest way to become employable in computer science.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01850OST0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Be a minority

Be black or a women, or both.

Go to a uni, do some internships, graduate, work in industry.

To begin you must absolutely own this first:

amazon.com/dp/B01850OST0

yeah that's so easy

Unless you are a Pajeet, you should give up.

If you're white, be at a level so far above your minority peers that they can't help but acknowledge you. This will not work, however, unless you devote 10+ hours per day to studying your craft for a period of 10+ years.

it actually is, unless you live in the US and have to get in debt to go to Uni. Otherwise you just need a IQ above 80

apply to a university. if you can't get in, go to community college for a while, then transfer in. do well in your classes. get some internships. four years later, graduate. $$$

of course you could always go to some shit bootcamp. but if you really wanna be super marketable you need an actual degree and experience. there are no shortcuts.

this probably isn't what you want to hear. you probably think that you can do some python tutorials and build some shit website in ruby on rails and snag a 100k a year job. it doens't ever happen like that

what if the internships part didn't pan out and graduation is creeping closer

ITT: white male persecution complex.

eh, I know some guys that did jack shit outside of class and never had a single internship and were able to find jobs

don't worry too much. yeah, you're not gonna be working at google or jane street, but you'll be fine.

Sup Forums - "Technology"

"""technology discussion"""

If I had a nickel for everytime someone asks me why I when to uni for Computer Engineering when I could've just one to some 2 week bootcamp and got a $50k job like they did I'd never have to work again.

Fucking retards

Learn literally any programming language.

Every week it seems like I read an article where employers moan about people applying for jobs who can't write a single line of code.

>like they did
So they do have 50k jobs after 2 weeks of bootcamp?

Yeah, and that's where they'll stay for the rest of their careers.

That really isn't a bad deal compared to $0 jobs for the rest of their life.

That's fine as long as you don't look down on me while I literally make more than that at my internship.

You sound insecure.

>be me
>be math senior
>working in our IT department
>doing programming
>love knowing that I cucked a compsci student out of an internship

You don't need any credentials at all to be the IT department janitor, so that's probably fastest

You sound mentally retarded. Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

Best case:
1. Go to college
2. Do projects, prepare for interviews
3. Do internships
4. Graduate, work as a real software engineer at a good company with scope for career advancement
>Earn 80-160k

Mediocre case:
1. Do a bootcamp
2. Do a shit ton of personal projects
3. Do lots of self-learning
4. Be code-monkey at a webdev shop for the rest of your life because no one's gonna trust you with anything more than the one specific web framework that you're good at
>Earn 40-60k

(Cont.)
Worst case:
1. Do COMPtia certs
2. Work at Geeksquad or equivalent
3. Go on /gee/ and shitpost about why Java is for Pajeets, C/C++ for betas, JS and Ruby for hipsters, Rust for SJWs and functional languages for autists.