Other urls found in this thread:

usgovernmentdebt.us/
wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-overclocking-performance/
semiaccurate.com/forums/showpost.php?p=283673&postcount=7443
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2017
>Pins

POVERTY

sick ass see pee you nigga wou ld be a shame if i unplugged the fan when you weren't looking

>pins

Well fucking bench mark it user.
Enjoy you socket change a year goym.

>7

lol such value

Intel has pins too. It's just that they are on the motherboard instead. Either can be bent. What do you do use your CPU as a place mat?

>having a socket last for more than a year

wtf are you poor lmao

Low blow pajeet. I don't have the option of collecting cow feces for human consumption to supplement my income from shilling for a multinational.

>use the same socket for more than a year
>get stuck with outdated I/O, last generation RAM, last gen PCIe, etc etc
>AMDrones will defend this
You'll be using Ryzen+ in 2020 with PCIe gen 3, DDR4 RAM, USB 3.1, and not having whatever new ports come out in the future. I'll be using PCIe gen 4, DDR5, USB 4 type C, and everything modern because I'm not poor and can afford to be in Intel's ecosystem.

more like POOVERTY

that's not how you spell intel

>he does a full upgrade once every year

mommy and daddy are rich, huh?

>no ECC
keep it.

Fuck off AMD shill

Nah I'm just shitposting, but if I was in the market to build a PC right now, I would be concerned about how long AMD holds onto old sockets. I built my computer almost a year ago, and I went with Intel because AMD motherboards didn't support DDR4, PCIe gen 3, etc etc.

Nah, it just means I can upgrade my motherboard or CPU next year, then the other one the year after.

AMD didn't really have a processor that would make DDR4 etc worthwhile.
Now they do.

They didn't want to update bulldozer at the time

it was DEAD

Bench pls, also temps

How much did DDR4 improve your life user?
I know Ryzen gets a boost out of it in some fields. But how was your chip fairing better because of it?

Games run noticeably faster with DDR4.

If you're using an igpu

>muh games
so confirmed useless?

Say it with me
"I buy the latest thing because I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. I can't go wrong if my things just cost more"

I bet you're using a 1366x768 screen.

>Dude just buy outdated tech that's a worse value for money than newer tech that's already out!

no, not just with an igpu, faster memory clockrates help a lot

I noticed a 10 avg fps increase in witcher 3 at 4k (!!!) when going from 1333mhz to 2133mhz memory with my fury x, while I previously thought that it was bottlenecked purely by the gpu

the minimum fps shot up also, and the entire game ran so much smoother

>tfw currently have 1333mhz ddr3 memory
>upgrading to 16gb of 3200MHz DDR4 next month

Looks like an 1800X BTW

good choice man, when I get ryzen I'll get at least 3000mhz ddr4 memory

Careful with some mobo manufacturers. Asus said that they have a BIOS update on the way but currently it won't go to 3000.

I remember seeing some benchmarks of Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and Battlefield 1 a while ago and they showed a fairly large increase in framerate going from 1600MHz to 2400MHz. 1333MHz to 3200MHz should be an even bigger jump.

Can you benchmark it with 2 and 4 cores disabled, hyperthreading on and off, and at the leaked clock speeds for the lower end Ryzens?

Basically simulate R5 and R3 chips, and you'll be able to credibly claim to havr R5 and R3 benchmarks

Unnecessary consumption is probably the greatest cause of poverty. I bet you have a lot of debt.

It's the biggest driver of our economy

t. paul krugman

exactly

yeah I know, once the bios issue is sorted out, it'll work at 3000

>>he does a full upgrade once every year
>mommy and daddy are rich, huh?

>tfw have a job thats not being a shitlord
>i can afford to do it every year
>nigger too poor
>lmao

It literally is though. Doesn't mean it's a good thing. Lots of Americans are employed because people want to do stupid shit.

What, you not allowed to upgrade your motherboard now? It's a CHOICE god damn it.

I can afford to do it every year too, doesn't mean I'm dumb enough to chase those 10% performance boosts for $1000 each year :)

lucky noob said that he did
asus said that it did

but as always Sup Forums doesnt care about technical stuff..

the reason why is because 99% of the modules are SR instead of DR

Yeah, good luck with those 20 trillion dollars in debt.
usgovernmentdebt.us/

This isn't because of citiziens, it's because of obscene government spending

JUST

It's still unnecessary spending and the state is a part of the economy.

>ryzen logo
what the fuck happened there?
did pajeet have diarrhea and drag his ass all over the floor in a circle?

So funny how a CPU triggers people.

It is because it is a disruptive technology and Intel have dominated for 10 years.

It supports ecc. It's the same memory controller in the 32 core Naples.

I'm thinking of getting a RYZEN 5 1600X when it comes out in April it will be a nice CPU and will destroy the Intel Core i5 7600k

Is there some tomfoolery that goes on when you pair AMD CPU with Nvidia GPU? I feel like there would be some fake bottlenecking so you'd buy intel or am I just tin-foiled?

Nah they already tested with Nvidia. It will still be the better CPU performance to dollar wise.

Still using Tim and not solder

>He uses a 1080 not a quadro

Oy vey, your butt is hurting isn't it?

Dissrupti

Can somebody explain the Ryzen meme to me?
Why is Sup Forums so hyped over this? Is it great value, or what?

amd is within 60-80% of intels single thread performance

pretty good gains. pretty cheap. but not house fire

be good for poor gayman

its btfoing intel, that's all you need to know

memory speed only affects performance at higher framerate levels. if you're playing at 60 fps or lower, getting high speed memory has virtually no effect apart from a few isolated cases (fallout 4 due to its very large amount of texture usage). unless you're playing 144Hz and you really need those extra 20 FPS beyond 90 FPS there's no point in buying memory faster than 2400Mhz.

10 years of brainwashing will do that.

Is it actually?
Or is it doing it at that price point?

>THAT THICC FUCKING SUBSTRATE
FUCK YES

it BTFOs 1300bux Intel CPU into oblivion.

see tl;dr: decent single-thread performance, much better than faildozer, great multi-thread performance. Basically high-value multicore CPU, probably going to be like the Phenom II all over again

With 1 click overclock single thread beats Intel

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-overclocking-performance/

At least with AMD, there's the remote chance of bending them back, granted you didn't go full-retard on them in the first place and break any of them.

But quite literally with Intel, you bend one pin on the motherboard and it takes forever to find and is pretty damn retarded to bend back,

The CPUs cost $330~500, while even the priciest AM4 boards are around $200, which would you be more afraid of breaking?

None of them, I'm not a fucking moron who can't hold things in my hands.

God damn that thing is fat. I assume it's to keep the same general packaging in anticipation of future APU's with HBM "on die"?
Or is there some benefit to a thicker lid? I always imagined the thinner the lid the better the heat transfer to the cooler.

>wccftech
they repost the same shit every day and most of it is total bullshit
videocardz is better

Yeah for real, I don't know why Sup Forums is so retarded so constantly. It's like they don't know any other way

>he is poor enough to think that buying some cheap toy for a few thousand dollars every year makes him rich

Anything that is memory bound will run faster.
Now don't be a retard.

AMD heatspreaders have always been that big and chunky. I have a first gen Athlon 64 FX (with ceramic substrate no less!), and the heatspreader is still huge.

I have an 8320 but the one in op looks nearly twice as tall. maybe its just a perspective thing.

Probably is. I took that image of the Athlon at a steeper angle (and with a shitty phone camera), and it also appears they did some optical zoom as well which i think fucked with the view a bit.

It's like 2mm taller. But the chip base is also thicker by about a mm.
So in total it looks fuck huge.
Depending of what the lid is made of it could be done to spread out the heat better.

Intel doesn't have this problem

There's 0 reaosn to buy old tech you fucking retarded faggot.

>government spending
No it isn't, stop reading neoliberal propaganda.

I'm not sure but I think most heatspreaders are a copper alloy plated with nickel or something like that, with a thin gold patch on the inside for the solder to bond to.

at least it wouldn't bend like intel does
PGA>LGA
first time I installed LGA CPU I was scared i'd break it by wrong move with screwdriver tightening the cooler
this one will sit tight as is on paltform

LOL GTFO

Package guaranteed to never bend.

Relevant:
semiaccurate.com/forums/showpost.php?p=283673&postcount=7443

Also relevant is that Corsair, GSkill, and Patriot will be releasing Ryzen branded DDR4 kits with speeds between 3200mhz and 3600mhz.
Ryzen's IMC has no problem handling high speed DDR4.

After TheStilt got a review sample he mentioned that Ryzen isn't memory limited. Maybe this is why.

that's sexy