4kdownload.com/
digitalocean.com/
github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Lossless
>Youtube

KEK
nice one fag.

At most JewTube is 128kbps recompressed trash.

>It's an "Answer doesn't address the question" episode.

Do you not understand that youtube audio already compresses the sound?

So downloading it as a lossless audio file is like letting someone who just ate steak shit on your plate hoping to make hamburgers.

All right. Let me amend the title.

"Downloading audio from youtube without further degradation".

>"Downloading audio from youtube without further degradation".

Just use a YouTube downloader and rip the MP3. They usually use MP3 or M4A.

4kdownload.com/

I use this and make sure "download original" is selected so nothing is recompressed.

There is so much wrong in this reply that I don't know where to start.

Start by not being a faggot.

When people upload to youtube, they upload clips and YouTube converts those files along with audio into a VP8/9/H264 codec and compressed both the video and audio.

The ONLY way to RIP a YT video and remove the audio is to download the MP4, then demux the M4A from it.

That shit takes time.

Why the fuck are you even downloading from YouTube anyway? Go find a torrent or something.

Why don't you use youtube-dl? It can grab any audio stream from the videos in all formats they are available at without encoding.

All of them reincode.

YT does not store original source like Vimeo does (sometimes).

YT links are all muxed and if you want the source file you have to download the (lets say 1080p source) and then demux both the video and audio and then pick the audio. This is the only way to get to the "source" file.

Even that source file is some bullshit like 128kbps AAC or MP3.

I use that, but I wanted to test user's function.

Because he doesn't understand difficult tools like that :^)
He probably even would have trouble with pic related

This is what I usually run. How can I improve it to get the best audio from youtube?

# Downloads audio from youtube.
dowa () {
youtube-dl -f bestaudio $1 &
}

Because I can't torrent at work and I basically live there.

>OP posted a bash function
>"Because he doesn't understand difficult tools like that :^)"
Is your dick as disappointing as your reading comprehension?

>Because I can't torrent at work and I basically live there.

Just setup a VPN or something. Or get a cloud computer and torrent to that and DL the files.

You can also find shit by just googling, like

"Nine Inch Nails Downward Spiral ZIP"
You're bound to come up to links for downloading.

I don get paid for wasting time at work.

Download h.264 720p stream and demux the audio from that. The 1080p stream tends to have a much lower audio bitrate.

>just setup a VPN or something
yeah if he wants to lose his job after it gets on his ass about a vpn that's not company approved
>cloud computer and torrent to that and dl the files
>random unauthorized sftp and ssh sessions are ok in enterprise
lmao

>The ONLY way to RIP a YT video and remove the audio is to download the MP4, then demux the M4A from it.
wrong, there is also a seperate aac, ogg and opus stream

>wrong, there is also a seperate aac, ogg
>ogg
where??

Shut up with your uneducated bullshit motherfucker. The only thing it is doing is muxing it together and not reincoding. What are you even trying to say there? That the original file of the uploader can't be downloaded? Wow, as if that wasn't already clear by the OP stating that he wanted it without further degradation.

Then enjoy shit tier youtube rips dummy.

Can't believe you use YT to listen to music. Kek. Shit sounds potato level.

jdownloader also muxes the files together as you want. With a selections of quality that the video has to offer.

Shut up pajeet.

Don't act like you know what you're talking about.

Does anyone have source for audio quality on YouTube? Have they published such a thing?

If you are so interested, I use spotify, but I want to get files as back up for when someone fucks up the network and to listen during the commutes.

And you don't try to set up a VPN at work, unless your bosses tell you to, fucking neet.

I use VPN all the time you stupid fuck.

I always ask for admin privilege anyway. Just get a cloud VM set up and use it for torrents you can log in via any web browser.

For Spotify, there are tools to rip their files (Spotify uses 320kbps OGG for their Paid service and 160kbps OGG for free one).

But once again, ripping from Spotify does a "re-encode".

>Just get a cloud VM set up and use it for torrents you can log in via any web browser.

Btw get a VPN for your cloud VM, like Torguard for safety. Mp3s don't take up much space so even the cheap cloud VM packages will do fine.

digitalocean.com/

github.com/YePpHa/YouTubeCenter
This will add a "Download" button on the YouTube pages you're browsing.
Press it and pick from the available formats the one you want to download.

Does this select the highest bitrate? (I mostly go for the 251 option, would this improve my options?)

user, YouTube caps at 192 kbps but you'll mostly find 128kbps, there shouldn't be a 251 option

I mean the 'youtube-dl -f 251 *LINK*' command, I believe it downloads the vorbis (Its almost always the highest bitrate).

So, no one is going to provide a source?

It does. It tells you you're wrong and stupid

You mean how it works under their hood or what's available for download through youtube-dl? (in the last case see their documentation OR to see whats available for a given video use the '-F' argument when giving a link to youtube-dl.