Is mozilla even trying? What the fuck lol

Firefuck developers cant even program the simplest rules

1. Type a.test into Chrome
2. Type a.test into Firefox

Hint: One of the browsers doesnt understand what I want.
Hint: It's Firefox.

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/354749/how-do-i-make-chrome-accept-test-as-a-valid-tld
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_wars?wprov=sfla1
lua.org/about.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Google has paid all the best programmers of Firefox to work on Chrome. It explains everything. Basically if you don't run an illegal trafficking ring through the New Zealand-Australia route there is no reason to avoid Chrome.

firefox has a separate search bar you dipshit

1. what if there will be .test TLD some day?
2. Firefox uses separate fields for URI and Search (I hope)

>Firefox uses separate fields for URI and Search (I hope)
it does. OP is simply too studpid to realize, and posted a harbage thread instead

>Mozilla
>firefox

Literally nobody but SJW/Lincucks use that piece of shit anyway.

Being unintuitive as fuck is a failure of the programmer. In this case it's not their fault exactly. Google just paid the cream of the crop of Firefox to work on Chromium.

it has nothing to do with that, a monkey could program a lookup into current valid domain endings.
These people are just arrogant, autistic shitheads. I told them about this problem years ago and they still didnt fix it. You know what they said back then? "oh b-b-but what if I'm on an internal network and I have my own company domain set up and then we wouldn't be doing the right thing"

I mean maybe they are just idiots. So make a single fucking domain lookup, I dont fucking know? Chrome does it just fine, I doubt anybody has ever been bothered by how Chrome does it and if they have, they have 100% found a workaround.

> lmao just type your shit into that extra tiny useless search box instead of where you always type, just bloat my shit up lmao

how fucking stupid are firenutters?

this is a special kind of retardation

I just searched for .test tld and this was the 10th result.

superuser.com/questions/354749/how-do-i-make-chrome-accept-test-as-a-valid-tld

I want to use chrome so bad, but I can't because no tree style tabs.

remember when everyone hated this omnibox meme? fucking newfags reeeee

OP sounds like the kind of idiot who types in google into the search bar

>"oh b-b-but what if I'm on an internal network and I have my own company domain set up and then we wouldn't be doing the right thing"
This is a valid response

>superuser.com/questions/354749/how-do-i-make-chrome-accept-test-as-a-valid-tld

it's an arcane request because if his .test was a valid domain it would resolve just fine. (for example if you put it into your hosts file)

He just wants the firefag behavior back

>.at

yes i know, i never said that it isnt valid. I said that they should fix it.

Yes it is. You have no argument yet you answered. Fuck you and die child.

They shouldn't "fix it" because there is nothing wrong.
What the gave you is a legit reason why this is not a problem and why is actually intended which is a lot more than what you would get from me if I was the one answering that bug ticket

I don't want to be making a google search when I mistype something into the address bar, fucktard.

>dis is were i type!
what are you a fucking 5 year old?

oh, but i do. its just such an unimportant and trivial subject, that the fact that you get your bloodpressure up over it is so fucking hillarious.

who the hell give a shit about a browser?

this is the same as the amd/intel thing. chose what is better for you, and then shut your trap. why is it any of your business what other people use? you are not special. and it is only good for technology that people steer towards the better option, because it incourrages innovation.

but the fact that you get mad over a free web browser? that is simply retarded.

Using address bar for searches

Nothing you said holds any value.

At least this is Sup Forums so I know everyone is baiting everyone else in this thread.
If this thread was on, say, Reddit, I would be worried people are serious about these "arguments".

So you're complaining that Firefox doesn't send all your visited URLs to google?

Are you fucking retarded

>that Firefox doesn't send all your visited URLs to google?
Firefox does send URLs to google. Alongside downloads.

No.
In my local network chrome uses the dns server to detect local domains.

Wow, that was hard.

Show me the line(s) of code that do that.

do you search youtube.com in google then click on the top link?

probably talking about this

desu this

This just me be the most autistic thread ive seen all week. Fuck off with your botnet browser

It thinks it's a link and it could be.

>search for DNS record when typing into address
>if no record found, do a default search engine search with a notification at the top saying that website couldn't be found so a search was done instead
>make this feature an option in the options
>make the notification hidable in options

Wow, so hard.

If you want to, you can suggest & add this yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_wars?wprov=sfla1

>The first browser war ended with Internet Explorer having no remaining serious competition for its market share.
>This also brought an end to the rapid innovation in web browsers

History will repeat itself

Fy, it's like write a \location\ in the MS Explorerâ„¢ and hope it search for what you want.

That only download a list of malicious URLs. Google will never know more than the IP of the downloader.

>firefox
>ctrl+k
>a.test
>werks
wew mane

itt a bunch of googlebots not understanding the whole thing that makes firefox firefox

They've stopped trying when they became a sjw infested safespace.

What are you even on about you idiot? "a.test" isn't a valid web address, and Firefox knows that, so of course it won't load it. Chrome follows the retarded practice of merging the search bar and address bar into one, meaning any search term that's a valid URL will be interpreted as one. Which is both stupid and dangerous, say you come across a suspicious link to e.g. thiswebsitemightgiveyouavirus.com, and you try to look it up to see if it's legit, Chrome will take to that site and BOOM, now you have a virus. Firefox has a separate search bar where the search is passed directly to google (or whatever your chosen search engine is) rather than trying to open it.

The Chrome design (which is apparently standard on all mobile browsers these days, even the Android version of Firefox) is stupid and wasteful of my time, since there's no search bar distinct from the address bar I can't just type in /r/circlebroke2 to go to my favorite subreddit, because for some reason the URL parser thinks /r/ is a protocol, rather than just being PART of an address that I want to do a textual search for. This problem never happens on desktop firefox, because it has a seperate search box that won't try to parse its input as a URL address no matter how much it looks like one.

t. Mozilla reddit sjw cuck Hillary-supporter shill

it does have a separate search bar but you can search from the url bar by default too if the search term is not a link

can't you just go be autistic quietly in a corner instead of shitposting on Sup Forums?

Are you really still trying to rationalize unironically using Google Botnet Chromeâ„¢ in current year?

Yeah but what if you want to search for something that IS a link? Like a website that looks suspicious and you want to see if it's known as a virus/shock site or something?

Then you enter that in the separate search bar ???

>massive uncontrollable pointless rage from both sides
If the browser other people choose to use makes you angry, please just cut out the middleman and shoot up a school, fucking autistic psychopaths

That's a good thing, shit for brains.

>brands themselves moz://a
>removes all meaning of :// in their products
Honestly that's just fucking bullshit.
It's like those routers that add .home to your hostnames because reaching them by protocol://hostname:port is too hard. Fuck standards right?

dont type the top-level domain, just the name

The one that Chrome doesn't have?

If the URL is [common word].net or something, the website won't even be on the first page of results.

>type search function into url bar instead of search bar right next to it
>expect to get search results.
>this is "unintuitive as fuck"

Firefox has its problems, but this is not one of them.

>I wonder if google.ru is legit
>google 'google'
If your intention is to search then searching with inaccurate terms gets you inaccurate results.
What excuse do they have for assuming that .jpeg or .png are TLDs? Why do they assume alt.binaries would be a domain? The URI scheme isn't that difficult and it would work without ambiquity.

For the record, I'm not even using the URL bar. I hit shift+p to paste the currently selected text to the :open command in vimperator.

Deriving from common standards is a problem. The protocol is defined by , not by having a period in a string.

retard

>The one that Chrome doesn't have?
Who in the reply-chain was talking about Chrome?

>[common word] website
use more specific search term

>google ru
leave out the .

I've already left out the part where I declare I'm making a http reguest.
I'm not making a http reguest.

Firefox does it right. I wish I could turn this behavior in Chrome, because I can't access my local domains (for instance the ones in /etc/hosts). It doesn't take much effort to press Ctrl-K instead of Ctrl-L in both browsers.

The first fucking post with screenshot from Chrome you fuckwit

You mean the OP? Otherwise link the reply.

I'd use chrome if their add-ons weren't so resyrictive. I'll probably live on this year's FF for a long time.

but you didnt add ru to the search term. thats how you get more accurate results without connecting. use better search terms

>use more specific search term
How can you get more specific than the ACTUAL NAME OF THE WEBSITE? If I see a link to lampshade.com and want to find out if it's a shock site, what am I supposed to do? Just search "lampshade"?

Your browser of choice sadly won't change that you're a massive retard and a failure.
Your father hates you.

so search "lampshade website"

google "lampshade.com" with quotation

why the fuck does this shit thread has so many replies

I could help. Is it written in LUA?

Lua. It's not capitalized. It's not an acronym. lua.org/about.html

>Let's send everything the user types in the search box to a third party server!
sup google

>type web address
>searches google for it instead of going to it
fucking chrome man

you use ddg and go !g url