Why are people still buying electic cars?? I cars on ethanol are so much cleaner...

Why are people still buying electic cars?? I cars on ethanol are so much cleaner. The mess they make to make some shitty car battery is just too much. When did you realise electric cars were just a """green"""" meme to make money out of poor souls who wanted to be greener?

Other urls found in this thread:

cleantechnica.com/2016/05/12/lithium-mining-vs-oil-sands-meme-thorough-response/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Driving an electric is a red flag the guy is a smug liberal asshole who thinks he's better than everyone because he drives electric and listens to shitty music nobody has heard of.

Ethanol is only good for transferring money from the taxpayers to farmers.
Electric cars can be "green" compared to petrol if total emissions cost is less, but yes, it is retarded to assume that electric cars are automatically greener.

>>>/facebook/

Also this
cleantechnica.com/2016/05/12/lithium-mining-vs-oil-sands-meme-thorough-response/

>they dug a hole
>therefore it's worse for the environment

Thanks for this article, first time I see this image but I might as well have bought it because I don't know much about the subject.

I'm a little bit less ignorant today.

Your world view is very limited.

really tho you shouldn't take 24pt full caps Impact font with a 2pt stroke image macros at face value

The problem is that the average facebook normalfag WOULD take it at face value.

And they're not gonna care to google or even read any rebuttal. COINTELPRO wins again

I'm glad people are buying electric. I hope it improves electric versions.
I want a hybrid. Better electrics get should translate over to better hybrids.

>buying cars
>the current year

>I judge people by their choice of car fuel
How intellectual.

libtards will believe anything celebrities tell them. good thing conservatives blocked the "pay taxes on invisible gas" """"green energy"""" scam.

this

>city dwellers

Yeah that mine in the desert sure is causing major ecological problems. We don't have enough deserts for our desert species.

butthurt liberals detected

op electric vehicles where designed by billionaires like george soros to soak in the shekels from whites who are easily deceived by white guilt and mexican intellectuals.

I think people like you should kill themselves.

KEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKEEKEK

thats true, i am better than most people.

i also dislike faggots and trump supporters tho.

pic very much related.

Also OP is an idiot who thinks that a major lithim site (which there are less than 25 of in the world) pollutes more than the oil plants in the world.

that article made this thread worth reading

>OP rekt

electric cars are good for your environment, not for the environment of some chinks.

>it's invisible so it doesn't exist!

My nigga
You're indeed better than most people, thanks also for being an early adopter to force the transition faster for the rest of the normalfags, I am poorfag so can't do it either way

>big hole in the desert where literally fuckall lives and rocks are moved in and out of it
>oil field in the middle of a big forest with a vibrant and delicate ecosystem

Hmm

ignoring the retarded OP. That lithium still needs to be processed into battery cells. this is a high energy and high waste business.

it doesn't help that these shit batteries only last for a few thousand cycles at most assuming even best conditions of charging the battery up to ~80% and discharging it down to ~20%

you're all bad for the environment. stop being morons about it and accept it.

0-60 in 2.3 seconds for a sub $150k car.

In California the liberals will give you up to $9,500 dollars to buy an electric car.

Comment of a hyper judgemental asshole

and that is important how?

>it exists so we should create a global government to collect taxes on it!

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

It's a matter of physics that comes down to the first law of thermodynamics.

You will never have 100% efficiency in any technological system. The best design solutions are the ones that can get near or close to 100%.

Me personally, even though battery technology isn't where it should be, electric is the correct direction. In an electric motor, the system in an electric car with power going from the motor, to the drive train, and to the wheels, is 70-80%.

Internal combustion engines are roughly 35% by the time the power gets transferred to the wheels. 2ndly, ethanol doesn't have as nearly enough BTUs as gasoline does. So it will require more ethanol to match gasoline, which makes an inefficient system if you still want to use an internal combustion engine.

TLDR; if you're still using fire as a source of energy and power, you're a caveman. Electric is the best direction.

so basically it's not about the environment but a scheme to prop up a particular part of the high waste technology industry and creating an artificial market?

of course all in the guise of the environment.

>if you're still using fire as a source of energy and power, you're a caveman. Electric is the best direction.

ya because your electricity isn't made by 50-60% efficient combined cycle turbines or anything.

fpbp

it's more of a red flag that the individual is trying to be some new money cuck.

given the relatively high costs of these things plus the new $10K battery they'll need to put in the car after 5-8 years, they are nothing more than status symbols.

Don't confuse heat with fire.

Example: burning coal to turn turbines: fire.

Using concentrated sun energy to turn turbines: heat.

Creating cumbustion burning chemicals: fire.

Ya because tons of your energy is coming from solar powered turbines, or even nuclear driven turbines.

Delusional moron.

The automobile was first created only for rich people as a novelty. Henry Ford's original investors told him that's who he should make the car for.

His vision was for everyone.

After perfecting a manufacturing process he did just that.

Why dismiss something when the manufacturing process hasn't been perfected yet? Give this shit time people.

>op electric vehicles where designed by billionaires like george soros to soak in the shekels from whites who are easily deceived by white guilt and mexican intellectuals.
spot on

first, top pic is a copper mine, you use the material out of that chasm.

second, pic is the alberta oil sands near fort mcmurray

although i do agree electric cars are fucking stupid with our current modes of electrical generation.

>or even nuclear driven turbines.
that's how a nuclear power plant works user

You are one unimgainitive stubborn fuck.

If people like you still existed we would still be using horse and buggy.

Coal, moron, only exists because the toothless inbred mountain people in Kentucky and Pennsylvania need jobs, so it has always been pushed.

Other solutions are viable. If one sector of the industry exists it will allow the others to innovate a better infrastructure.

Check your shoulders, you might actually have shit on them because that's how far your head is up your ass.

The first one doesn't cause earthquakes or poison the groundwater

nuclear is the source of about a quarter of electricity in the US. I would say that counts as tons of your energy.

>Coal, moron, only exists because the toothless inbred mountain people in Kentucky and Pennsylvania need jobs, so it has always been pushed.
This is the most retarded thing I've read. Coal is pushed because it is an efficient source of energy, as long as the cost of pollution can be externalized. You are inbred beyond hope if you think entire economic systems evolved for the sake of miners in Kentucky and Pennsylvania.

Not Kentucky and Pennsylvania, but the whole industry of burning coal.

Yes, I will stand behind my thinking that that industry exists for the sole purpose of propping up trailer parks, mountain dew, and Budweiser.

Burning coal is welfare for white trash-- that's it. I will still stand behind this thinking, regardless of any argument presented at this point.

No one, least of all the coal industry, cares about the welfare of the white trash. That's why they are sent into the coal mines to die.

I've never seen smog come out of an electric socket