Why does nobody make phones with physhical keyboard? If Nokia just made Nokia E71 with LTE, Wi-Fi and better camera...

Why does nobody make phones with physhical keyboard? If Nokia just made Nokia E71 with LTE, Wi-Fi and better camera, then I would buy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/physical-keyboard-slider-mod-for-moto-z/coming_soon
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Normies want screen real estate for browsing the web and watching videos.

>then I would buy it.

There's the problem. You would buy it. Sup Forums autists would buy it. Who else would buy it? No one. Businesses and individuals who're still stuck onto the concept of a physical keyboard are sucking off the remains of BlackBerry.

This is honestly the only viable concept since it doesn't affect available screen space, in fact it might be better since no screen space is ever covered by a virtual keyboard.

Ok Sup Forums...

Are we stupid ? Should we just really abandon physical keyboard ? I hate writing on touchscreen but it's maybe because I'm stupid...

good points, but you can't use it with only one hand

you can still fall back to a software keyboard in portrait mode and use that to type by swiping

>What is the BlackBerry KeyOne
OP is a faggot

>But the whole world is made of faggots that preferred Apple and Android to the Nokia N9/N950

Luckily for me I have two hands

why the fuck would you want a physical keyboard when its 2017 and you can fucking dictate to your phone and it fucking understands?

Botnet

Also i'm not 24/7 in a acoustic isolated sound chamber

Because touch and auto correction sucks.

Hardware keys are comfy in any year, user.

Where have you been?

>Coming soon. Exp. release 2017, April

The reason physical keyboards went away was because we got good capactive touchscreens with multi-touch input that also gave us a larger screen in a smaller package.

PLUS!, its a lot cheaper to build 1 phone for the whole world instead of making the physical keyboard fit every country with retarded keys.

I'm from Norway, and I still love my N900, but I can see why it aint such a thing anymore. Norway didnt get even half of the physical keyboard phones because we aint that many potentional customers to defend the cost to make specific layouts for us.

It sucks!

I wanted the BB Priv, but I could only get special imports with ENG layout.

>Why does nobody make phones with physhical keyboard?
Costs more to build, especially with a sliding/folding mechanism as well. Consumers bought into the "it's a media consumption device, it's not supposed to have a good interface" marketing, so will gladly pay full price for a cheaper to build phone.

Also could be that better interfaces make desktop software more usable, so less profit to be had in mobile botnet software

>larger screen in a smaller package
Sliders/clamshell solve that problem, at only the cost of thickness, which is not even close to an issue with modern phones.

>2017
>still tapping on tiny buttons, physical or otherwise

you can pry my Q5 from my cold dead hands

Why does everybody continue to ask these stupid questions that have been answered every day in other keyboard/phone/UMPC circlejerk threads?

You know the answer, fuck off and post something original.

Now type a web address on that thing :^)

>android 4.1
lolno

No root, no buy
but yet...
>blackberry being blackberry
>tfw this will probably kill the prospect of future qwerty phones because "look BB flopped because of qwertys and not their retardation!"
brb killing myself

Graffiti/block recognition was such a nicer experience and also more efficient on screen real estate. Too bad they ditched it with the death of Winmo.

Actually you can! It's bigger than my Xperia Mini Pro,but I use it one-handed with a lanyard strap that I prop between my middle and ring finger. Much comfier than it sounds. Tried it with the bigger Xperia Pro and it still works, so I'd imagine it'll work on this one too. You'll need to drill two holes into the Photon for the strap though.

>Why does nobody make phones with physhical keyboard?

Because they're inferior to typing on modern touchscreens in terms of speed and ease. Also manufacturing issues and entire product design issues.

Get a bluetooth keyboard and strap it to the phone.

Problem solved.

Sadly this. The average normie's vocabulary is under 1000 words large, which encompasses all the words that the standard word prediction implementation can reliably recognize. Nobody nowadays uses their phones for any other notable task which requires typing.

Nice battery leech you got there

this
Rooting was the only thing stopping me from getting a Priv, and I feel bad for it because it's contributing to no keyboards

Has anyone ever tried to contact Blackberry and ask for the root access code?
I remember contacting Huawei to get root access a few years ago and they did it, the absolute madmen.

Where did you contact them? All BB's site has is bog standard dech support.

I have a blackberry classic and it's the best phone I ever owned. But I will have to switch to another OS soon since they stopped supporting it. I might buy the blackberry priv or just some windows phone.

LG Wine

>Norway didnt get even half of the physical keyboard phones because we aint that many potentional customers to defend the cost to make specific layouts for us.
The eternal Swede and the perfidious Dane could use the same keyboard as us, so that isn't a good argument.
Just drop the umlauts and fo for the Nor/Dan versions of æ and o.

I had one of those. It had a tiny audio jack that you couldn't plug normal 3.5mms into - only their proprietary shit, and nobody made those so you had to stick with the shitty earbuds the phone came with.

It did last forever though. It was pretty close to being good as a phone and usable for personal use, but that fucking headphone thing...

>typing web addresses ever

would buy a Nokia E7 with LTE, 2.4/5GHz 11ac wifi, usb c and android 7
my last pre-android phone was 5730xm

That's a portrait shit keyboard...it's shit and you should feel utterly ashamed for posting such filth.
And they would have plenty is screen...with a superior landscape keyboard.

Wish I had gotten one before, now they are nowhere to be found.

The only proper phone design is a landscape slider.

Here's another interesting concept that never took off.

>current year
>using a GIF instead of a WEBM

Worthless portrait shit.

retro when

Bring back the Sidekick with some stronger hardware under the hood.

it makes the phone bulkier and it is very likely that the flex cable will eventually break much faster than a phone with a non-moving screen.

Because we're not primates.

like many other nokias at the time, it probably used the 2.5mm audio jack, and there are billion 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters out there so that you can plug any headphones in.

the pop-port in the older nokias though was pure hell

>tfw OG Droid
I used to love physical keyboards. It's like my computer, right? Wrong. They fucking blow. Full keyboards on anything that can't accommodate an actual full keyboard is a meme. Using an interface that was designed with 10 digits in mind with one or maybe two is pants on head retarded. Swiping is significantly better, but still fails in comparison to T9.

What I really want is a quality T9 swipe keyboard. God mode would by a portrait sliding smartphone that exposes a small touchscreen for swiping T9.

The E73 didn't have that.

>tfw you'll never get phones with build quality like the E73
>tfw you'll never get phones with Nokia's keyboard, since it's superior to Blackberry's

buttons look outdated and old to normies

I loved the concept of the kyocera echo, too bad it had bad specs and terrible battery

BlackBerry Classic, Literally an android without bullshit with keyboard.

Literally GOD tier phone. Build quality was unparalelled, battery life was excellent, had a full keyboard, and the Symbian OS was excellent on it. Wish I could buy a new one today, with a spare battery...

Except it runs BB10 not android

They announced an android sphone few days ago.

Hello underage retard

You'll be happy to hear a keyboard slider mod for the Motorola Moto Z is being developed. If there's enough demand for it, there's a good chance new phones with physical keyboards (built in instead of as an addon) will be made, even if on a smaller scale.

indiegogo.com/projects/physical-keyboard-slider-mod-for-moto-z/coming_soon

I had a physical Keyboard Blackberry during school which was the greatest because I could type under the desk without looking. I could maybe see myself buying another one but I think I would need it to be a phone with enough support to not be useless.

>Moto z
Why the fuck would this come out for a literally who phone? Why not pixel or iPhone? The galaxy actually has an official portrait keyboard case

It's because it's some sort of modular phone that has a backside you can put different things on so the keyboard is going to be part of the phone, you just have to buy it separately. Kind of like the Jolla phone, which also had a changeable back and a keyboard made by community members. It's not a keyboard case, it's a keyboard part of the phone.

Oh shit, I had forgotten about that. Makes more sense.