Will Ryzen actually be good, or is it just a meme

>is it as good as leddit says it will be
>they claim it will rival intel
is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/niVGhThMo5E
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X/3647vs3915
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryzen#Available_APUs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Put it this way, the only thing the Intel shills can find to bitch about is the fact that the R7 1700 is outperformed by the 7700K in single threaded tasks. (The R7 1700 being a lower power, higher core count, lower clock speed and often cheaper part).

fpbp

so is it worth it

yes

The RyZen is a meme. Don't fall for the amd marketing

As with anything, it depends on your use case. For me as somebody who does a lot of virtualization and intensive compilation, absolutely, but if you just browse the web it's overkill as only the "enthusiast" tier chips are out right now.

>Buy Ryzen!
but the 7700k is a better performer for gaming at a similar price point—it's simply a better value
>w-well it's good for multithreaded things!
but I can get a two (2) 8-core Xeon E5-2670's from eBay with a good motherboard and 128GB RAM for less than $700 total
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE

kek

It's AMD, so odds are it's a meme.

Not only that but in Q2 AMD will release R5 which will come at the price of a "K" i5 (R5 1600X will be $260), but will have 2 more cores and EIGHT more threads than the i5.

Kek it destroys the 7700k at a much cheaper price

>hasn't seen all of the deals posted here today
keep up newfag

>is this true?
probably yes but wait for benchmarks

>bulldozer all over again

> DAMAGE CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM
If you are going to be this much of a shill at least post the rest of the picture

>the shitty meme version made by amd shills

Source?

youtu.be/niVGhThMo5E
4:48

1800x beats 6900k

1700x beats 6800k

1700... no news..

the 7700k probably costs a whole lot more.

laymens view from reading the internet.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X/3647vs3915
Nice try shill

Says the 15 year old who wasn't around when AMD was king

Homie go check micro center and get back to me.

Its pretty depressing that amd shills are hyping the shit out of this before offical benchmarks come out

>hurrr look at this leaked benchmark. Amd won durrr

Im keen to see amd back at it but this retarded shit has gotta stop boys.

Show me offical benchmarks.

Wai..

>muh gaymes
Why would anyone sane go for a 4 core processor that costs more than ~200 burgers?
8 High IPC cores at around 4ghz with better smt than intel's (((hyperthreading))) can only be great.
I'm not quite sure how anyone would ever defend 4 cores no matter how many niggahurtz they run on.
if you're going to be a 4core cuck do it like me with an i5.
t. 6600k user

Mid 30s actually. I used to be a big AMD fan years back, but when they started pushing the number of cores as the big draw I gave them up.

For multitasking it was great, but single core performance was shit. I switched to Intel about 6 years ago and havent looked back.

Been waiting for AMD to finally pull their heads out of their asses and start being a competitor to Intel.

the 7700k will cost the same or less than ANYTHING amd will have for years, and will destroy AMD in every benchmark besides static "MOAR COARS" benches.

I doubt Intel will even bother lowering prices or bumping the i5/i7s up to 6 cores.

>2 benchmarks
>not yet released

shill calling someone out as shill
its almost like a shillception in here

yeah i didnt even know..

i thought 7700k > 6900k> 6800k

whats up with that?

...and the 7700k is cheaper also?

wtf.. is this even?

clock speed?

I loved my athlon XP. regreted not getting a phenom II.

I've been team intel for a while but am cautiously optimistic that ryzen may not suck. This is a WHOLE lot better than where AMD was 6 months ago and I think even intel enthusiasts are happy because there's actually some question again.

Also except for uncommon events, most of the gains in CPUs are incremental and intels increments have felt smaller lately so I think there's a sentiment that the turbulence will be good for an industry that was juuuuuust starting to stagnate a touch. I am still perfectly fine with my Haswell E3 but will consider ryzen.

>I switched to Intel about 6 years ago and havent looked back.

>Been waiting for AMD to finally pull their heads out of their asses and start being a competitor to Intel.

didn't take you long before you contradict yourself there

>"Le single threaded is a bit better so Ryzen is BTFO haha"

95% of Kaby Lake IPC, and HUGE gains in multithreaded work that starts competing Intel's X99 $1,000 chips.

All while having 8 cores and 16 threads on a 95w TDP.

Compared to Intels 7700k 91w TDP and only 4 cores and 8 threads

It is EXTREMELY competitive.

I'm so scared Ryzen is going to come out and completely fail in real world usage against similarly priced Intel chips.

I don't care who you fanboy. Competition is good for consumers. Drives low prices and innovation in the market

>Intelfags are so scared that their high-performance processor is this BTFO by AMD.
The mental gymnastics they perform to avoid coming to this conclusion are fun to watch though

I think you mean "real life performance in video games and in most tasks other than transcoding video" user

>I hated that they only added more cores
>so when they finally stop adding more cores, I say it's a meme

I did not contradict myself. But I guess that's what it looks like to someone with a 7th grade reading level.

>This 8 core doesn't beat my 4 core because video transcoding
Are you this delusional? You must be if you think your 4 core could actually beat a 1700 in "most tasks other than transcoding video". It will barely beat it in gaming performance, and that's only because devs are still using DX11.

AMD has become a meme, sadly. They hype their new stuff like crazy, when when it's actually in the hands of the consumers, it's discovered is mid-range, easier to afford, and not really competition to Intel or NVIDIA.

Listen, kiddo: The 7700k is within 5-10% of all of the MOAR COREZ chips. Face the facts: a fast 4/8 CPU with high clocks is far better in terms of value at this point in time, and will definitely perform better than a modestly clocked 8/16 chip. Just deal with it.

Screencap this post if you really want to feel retarded after the NDA expires.

Shill harder bro

It's jim keller. Not AMD

>only because devs are still using DX11
huh ? I thought DX12 was supposed to brings closer to the metal when it comes to the GPU not the cpu.

if this is your logic why not pick up rysen r3?
the per core performance is basically the same and it's half the price

Not him, but yeah you did.
If you have never looked back then you can never know if AMD has already pulled their heads out of their asses

Screencapped. It'll be fun to look back on this during all the Intel damage control. See you on the 2nd

>Being this upset over an unreleased processor.

oh so that's why intel is in a panic and rushing a CPUs to market in the i7-7740K and i5-7640K with 112 TDP LMAO.... i5 even has hyperthreading

but i guess you know more then they do

>Being this retarded
Actually it's both. Regardless, Vulkan and DX12 can't be fully taken advantage of unless devs stop supporting DX11.

Still here running a core 2 quad.
Im still trying to figure out to go AMD or intel for my new rig.

AMD is much cheaper while performing a little bit worse than intel so I will probably go for it.

Average 4 point spread. I see nothing wrong with this.

I'm on a FX 4300 and looking to upgrade, and even I am doubting AMD, I want a 1600 but hmmm

Enjoy your endless Skylake re-releases.

>and that is why Intel is adding more cores too

Still shit in games, rivals intel in everything else.

Meant to quote

Have AMD pulled their head out of their asses then?

Because all I see from Intel is them slowly making their CPUs better. There's no real sense from them that AMD is still of competitor, only a cheaper alternative with lower performance.

>Still shit in games
Source? I'd wait until the 2nd before making blanket statements like that friend

>Intel's not worried, so AMD must not be good

Got proof there? And not fucking benchmarks.

Suck my dick faster I haven't filled your mouth with cum yet.

>the per core performance is basically the same and it's half the price
It's not even going to come out for months, you're just making shit up at this point. If that is true when it's out in a few months then I agree, but otherwise fuck off with your shilling / speculation.
>so delusional that he's anthropomorphizing a multi-billion-dollar corporation

f

>ignoring the min 20fps difference between ryzen and intel
good goy

You have to go back.

Are you retarded? You do realise the R3 is just a R7 with some of the cores fused off due to defects? It's performance is easily deduced by looking at the performance of the R7.

I hope ryzen obliterates kaby lake so intel finally come out with something worthy to upgrade from sandy bridge

we have almost no meaningful benches yet you stupid fucking retard

what if i just want a chip that has integrated graphics
wouldn't intel's hd 630 graphics be the best choice?

And you know this how?

Integrated gpu in amd APUs is much better than the intel one

the amd gaming cpu isnt out yet. intels high core count cpu's run slower per core as well. 4 core amds will probably have higher clocks that will fit in the target tdp because they have more heat headroom. same as intel. the rival cpu for the 7700k is the 1400x which tops at 3.9ghz plus turbo whatever the fuck it's called and it costs $200.

Wait for the new APU's, considering there's a 65w 8-core/16-thread Ryzen at 3.4GHz, they will probably manage to make some great APU's at low wattage.

I imagine we will get something like a 47W 6-core/12-thread with graphics that will beat Iris Pro by far. AMD will grow in the laptop market, I can feel it!

sadly i already have an overclocked 5820k and can't take part in the fun of ryzen at the moment. i'll probably upgrade around the time intel gets their head out of their ass and gives me a 5ghz 8 core for $400.

Thanks for the tip.

I'd pay $400+ for a chip with decent integrated graphics if it meant not needing a graphics card.

My Dell Inspiron's NVIDIA GPU died years ago and I've been playing games on its onboard graphics [Intel Core i7-3630QM @ 2.40GHz - passmark: 7598]. I play mostly indie games like Avorion and Robocraft, and my CPU's graphics have been good enough that the graphics don't hinder or bother me.

The i7700 has a passmark score over 12000, so I figured upgrading to that (and its superior onboard graphics) + a PCI ssd would be a YUGE upgrade. But if what you guys say is true heck yeah I'll wait.

*forgot to mention that the reason I'd like to avoid a GPU is because I've had every GPU I've owned die on me. Figure no GPU = no failing parts, plus less noise and powerdraw. APU/Integrated graphics + SSD = crazy fast and quiet computer

>trusting leddit
>2017
Just trust in INtel, goy.

Nah, you're just transferring heat to that CPU die then. If you don't need to run 3d applications (IE, Games) then get your hands on an inexpensive passively cooled GPU. It'll cost you 20 bucks at most and add no fan noise.

AMD APUs are going to be good this generation. They have a lot of expierence with them now, and have and better iGPUs than Intel for a while, but the CPU half wasnt great. With Zen cores and Vega iGPU, AMD APUs (codename Summit Ridge) will be real nice.

Dropping the info bombs, thanks
Smart!

That's fair but
>decent integrated graphics
This doesn't really exist. HD 630 from the i7700 you mentioned is good as far as integrated graphics goes, but still entry level as far as dedicated graphics goes. I'm not gonna want to invest in a cpu for its onboard graphics until they're at least comparable with dedicated gpus.

will summit ridge have a vega GPU though? Their APUs always seem to be one generation behind on the GPU side

whoa I just got it

Ryzen as in AMD has risen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryzen#Available_APUs
Doesn't say. When's 2H 2017?

I guess that's why every new game is targeted at and optimized for an eight core AMD CPU, huh?

no

A...AM...A..AMD A S...SHIT! E..everyone knows it has n..nno potential....

Literally every company ramping up ready to support this CPU with their insider information, something they haven't done in a decade of AMD CPUs.

Yeah its all just AMD hype. riigghhtt

Independent reviewers have already received their Ryzens. Once the embargo lifts, we'll know for sure.

I would doubt it.

They're going to be Polaris based and DDR4 at first, then next year be Vega based with HBM.

>I'm so scared Ryzen is going to come out and completely fail in real world usage against similarly priced Intel chips because I'm a faggot that uses only a single program at one time that's completely single threaded.

You post this in every thread you worryfag, stop.

R3's could as well be from a dedicated 4c line. It seems highly unlikely that they could meet the volume demands for a peasant tier processor with cut out 8c with the good yields they are getting

>is it as good as leddit says it will be
so this is why part of Sup Forums so butthurt about Ryzen, it's my sicritclub teenager logic behind this, nothing to do with actual facts

If we count my bet they made 1m chips in 1.5 months. That's very fast.

I just want to upgrade already

>yeah look at this Microcenter only deal and only on pickup deals!
Fuck off kike shill

This would need a new die and thus new tooling, and Ryzen is already really cheap to make
It's more probable that we will get microcode disabled 8c, going back to the sweet era of unlockable cores
Or lazered off cores, but I doubt /ourceo/ Lisa Su would do that

The current Stoney Bridge APU's are competitive with Intel's despite being on 28nm, they're somewhat slower CPU wise but absolutely rape anything Intel (including the Iris Pro's with Crystalwell) in GPU performance

>new tooling
New tapeout

According to this board, every product is a meme. Regardless of whether it is properly good or not.