>only have basic knowledge in C++
>Everything UWP related is in C# and written by pajeets
>Cant find learning material in C++
> read the documentation and samples
>shit is hard as fuck
>Switch to Javascript and HTML
>shit is easy as fuck
>getting really good at this
>publish 3 apps and promote them on reddit.
>people really like my last app
>put ads on each page
>add $0.99 add-on for removing ads
>first day gets me 200 downloads
>app gets featured in the "hot & new" category in the windows store
>start shitposting and shilling for microsoft on Sup Forums
>downloads go down to ~100 and then to 50 daily
>improve app and keep spamming it on forums
>windows blogs post about it
>best app in its category
1 month later
>check advertisement revenue
$7.16
>check in-app purchases
$5.71
>mfw

so Sup Forums how much do you earn from Android or iOs apps?

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2017/02/19/why-is-android-studio-still-such-a-gruesome-embarrassment/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Your 7 rupees have been deposited to your microsoft shill account

good thing is resume may look better now

> 1.76% market share
kek

but windows phone is fun to developer for

android and ios are hell

why is it hell? Isn't the community much bigger?

>xamarin
>hell
Sure dude.

>>Start learning how to make windows apps because there is less competition
thjis is where u messed up

techcrunch.com/2017/02/19/why-is-android-studio-still-such-a-gruesome-embarrassment/
Windows 10 Mobile might still make a comeback with Surface Phones. These will be aimed not at the low end but at corporate buyers and professionals who want to dock their phones. If it works out, it might be a pretty cool thing.

Personally, while I enjoyed WP7, I'm on Android (Lineage OS) for now. If I do mobile dev again, it will be for Android.

In your situation you may be able to use W10M as a springboard. Port your app to Android/iOS and ask your W10M users to tell their friends. Their friends will probably have Android/iOS.

P.S.: Use Cordova to port your HTML/JS app everywhere. It's pretty shitty, but kind of an industry standard.

Can I make apps without any programming language experience, just copy and paste?

Sure, but they'll suck.

I don't care, I just want to make some art gallery apps. How?

Google something like "make apps without programming". But it might cost you a pretty penny.

learned objective-C and swift
made iOS apps
toiled for hours and hours
9 published apps
hundreds if not thousands of hours in total
>$600 in ad revenue
similar thing for android
>$10 in revenue
got a day job doing ios dev, $60k
I guess that counts

you fucking moron. if you want to make money, develop for ios. every motherfucking retard knows that.

ios users spend $40 each per year on apps. android users don't even spend $4. windows phone users don't even exist.

serves you right for making nonfree software.

cuck

>UWP
I feel ya man.
I feel like I'm pretty fucking good at C++, Java, and C# and it took me a good 20 hours to figure out what the fuck was going on with the binding, the commands, and MVVM in general.

The problem is perpetuated by the fact that software developers in general have no idea what the fuck they're doing. They see some blogpost by a Microsoft software engineer, and say shit like "Oh, he's using this RelayCommand thing, I better use it too or else I'm not a real Engineerâ„¢."
Cargo-culting is widespread in software development, so you'll see a lot of StackOverflow answers using patterns popularized by actually good engineers, except no one can explain why they use them.

In the case of RelayCommand--where a Command is essentially an event callback called Execute(), paired with an event and its callback called CanExecute(), which is hooked into built-in controls to enable/disable features--RelayCommand is an abstraction borrowed from Functional Programming, where you can pass delegates (functions) into the class' constructor.
This way you don't have to create a class for every little Command, and instead create an object for every command.

I imagine most software developers won't be able to explain to you little details like that. How could you expect them to understand Functional Programming? They're just wage slaves. But anyway, it's precisely because Windows Phone has 1% market share that you find so little people capable of explaining the finer details of UWP and the MVVM design pattern.

But what about >muh ads? Isn't Android better for ad revenue because it has more users?

Ad revenue is shit these days, plus there's more money to be made just selling ad removal in-app, which android users tend to not pay for.

Make something for iOS, and you can pretty much sell it for whatever price. Make it for Android, and odds are good you can't get more than 99 cents if you're lucky.

>so Sup Forums how much do you earn from Android or iOs apps?

$200 a month... Using admob.. For now. It'll go back down to ~$100 in the coming months

Only two Android apps, both with around 30K installed users, unsure about daily users. I don't track because I literally do not care for such statistics.

>How could you expect them to understand Functional Programming?
Functional programming is complex in a different way from RelayCommand. The complexity in FP is understanding the underlying math (the usual higher order functions, monads, etc.). It feels less arbitrary than the various frameworks that MSFT, AAPL & GOOG produce, and that's because it almost certainly is less arbitrary. For stupid and lazy devs there is little hope but smart and lazy devs could probably learn F#-level FP easier than a big framework. Now, something like F* or ATS is another matter.

Since this seems like the designated MS thread, I'll ask: what do you guys think of
1) .NET Core
2) ASP.NET Core

>.NET Core
Somewhat of a pain in the butt.
If you're designing an application with the desktop in mind, then you don't have access to the typical environment variables, like the location of the user's desktop.
That means you have to specifically design your application to use file pickers, and from what I can tell, getting file permissions is especially ass. I've always hated I/O in general though.

>But what about >muh ads? Isn't Android better for ad revenue because it has more users?
how much do you think some african or an indian, who make up 80% of android userase, is worth to an ad company?

>.NET Core
Use java and OpenJDK instead, which is a fully FOSS and complete implementation unlike .NET Core

>ASP.NET Core
Spring Framework, pretty much gives you all the same meme features, on Java

RETARD
There is ZERO competition.