Is your country important enough to get a guaranteed spot in every game about international groups of people?

Is your country important enough to get a guaranteed spot in every game about international groups of people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UHzo9-L1kvU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkele
youtube.com/watch?v=-HeQQjbiDQ0
youtu.be/Hd0Js1C_G4I?t=23
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

Is Overwatch good, OP?

It's TF2 meets a MOBA. If you like those things, it's okay. It gets really chaotic due to the area of effect abilities; though.

Unfortunately, yes. The dyke with pink fucking hair.

Usually.
We got sniper and Saxton Hale in TF2. 2 chars in Overwatch. Miranda in Mass Erect. Motherfucking Roger from Tekken. Even that one rapey dude from Far Cry 3.

we're usually represented by a Russian-like characters with some Polish qualities

Reinhardt from overwatch is a nice hero but he does not really have any german traits. However just like all the other german characters in vidya he does have a rather unusual name. Sometimes i wonder how foreign devs stumble upon names like Rainer, Fürchtegott or Wolfgang

yes

I had no idea Miranda was Australian. I thought she was British.

embrace your new culture

You're just jealous that your parents called you Kevin instead

t. Wolfgang

>implying

literally zero games where finland isn't represented by one of the main characters

He's literally just Braum, who's Russian.

Mei is neat

I can't think of Finnish game characters at all.

She doesn't even look Asian.

>new

Yep. And, of course, ours had to be a happy green and yellow nigger. I'm surprised he doesn't have soccer powers.

>Heavy armor
>Old ideals
>Cool as fuck old timer, past full of history
>not german traits

Hans pls

Yes

Thank God no, stereotypes about us are too cheap.

wolfgang is a fairly common name here and it is fucking badass. one of the best german names.
ontopic: we don't have an austrian one but blizzard would probably get in trouble for adding josef fritzl or adolf hitler, since that's all the evil or violent austrians the world knows about

It's a more casual TF2 with skills.

Arnold best Australian!

>american every single fucking time misses the joke

oh yeah, i forgot about arnie.
i'd play the terminator in overwatch but they're probably already topped up on their edgy quota with reaper

Nope. we get actively avoided. Generally goes for movies and comics too. We only get represented in historical strategy game, and that one manga about vikings. Every single one of our neighbors repeatedly get characters based on them, but never us. Ever.

She doesn't look alcoholic enough.

Just make a goofy action arnie.

He'd fit the tone of the game perfectly.

yeah, i could imagine that actually.
i bet if they did that then people on the forums would complain about "too many german characters"
kek

>tfw the beta is over
It's been more fun than I anticipated.

Also yes, but we're stuck with brutal tank spitting communist puns. This game especially is a huge collection of cliches.
Zarya speeks terrible Russian, VA clearly never leaned it and everything line comes from google translate.
Russian map is absolutely triggering too. It's spelled wrong, it's a terrible map from gameplay perspective, it's full of stereotypes and of course it's always winter in Russia.
Also the fucking voice announcements in the factory section of the map. God fucking damnit, those are train station operator recordins and it says stupid shit like "Take caution, a train is arriving to track 1"

She's snowmongol, she looks fine. More Asian than D.Va too.
Mei best character.

Just make sure he doesn't seem like a walked right out of a futuristic Götterdämmerung and he'd already be breaking the mold for the German speaking characters.

Reminds me. Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that Mercy's ult line is heard in German by the opposing team and English by her teammates?

>Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that Mercy's ult line is heard in German by the opposing team and English by her teammates?
i actually thought that was pretty nice, it's a fun way to distinguish between friendly and enemy. definitely tripped me out when i heard it for the first time.
her accent in some of her lines is fucking dreadful though.

Same happens with Genji and Hanzo.
Speaking of which, both of their lines are unitnelligibru moonspeaku, makes it hard to tell which one's which.

>her accent in some of her lines is fucking dreadful thoug
Didn't they recast her VA to fix that?
Also, pretty sure he has line like this: "Ich [something] dich". Isn't it extremelly rude to use "dich" instead of "Sie"?

we usually get maps of our country n shit,for some reason it's always santorini
you do get the occasional videogame character too,tho

Yes

>Speaking of which, both of their lines are unitnelligibru moonspeaku, makes it hard to tell which one's which.

I always start looking for dragons to dodge and then get a ninja in my face.

>Didn't they recast her VA to fix that?
i played yesterday and her lines towards reinhardt sound fucking awful, i dunno.
>Isn't it extremelly rude to use "dich" instead of "Sie"?
only against people you do not know. "dich" is casual, "sie" is formal. you use the former for friends, the latter for strangers or your boss or something

>a fucking dwarf
>shittiest Hero in the game

why are dwarves seen as nordic anyway? nordics aren't short

yes

3 times in fact

But dwarves are from Norse mithology

Norse mythology. And Blizzard just loves dwarfs and Norse mythology.

They feature in Norse mythology. A lot of the cool shit the Norse gods have was made my dwarves.

Dorf stacking is a legit strat. Unless the enemy team repicks heroes specifically to counter 8 fucking turrets in the same room area, they're gonna have a bad time.

Yeah, Russian has exactly the same concept in "ты" and "Bы".
In the context of Owerwatch it sounds completely off. Only some of the heroes are her acquaintances and even then it should be more official.
Calling Reinhardt, her elder or Reaper - both a superior and an enemy informally is stupid.

Usually we aren't at all, the best we can count on is a second generation emigrant

BJ' mom is a Jew.

>wolfgang
>bad
t*rk?

nope. *muh diversity cues in*

ethnic groups, races or religions are not nationalities senpai

No. 200 million niggers and a large gaming presence and they always forget to add a joão da silva

Do people from obscure countries ever feel inadequate that decent media depicting people from and in their country is few and far between? So many video games take place in America to the point where even foreign devs would rather make American protags than protags from their respective countries. Even Japan, which has plenty of games set in Japan, has tons of games set in the United States even though it isn't crucial to the story.
Do people from irrelevant countries ever yearn to play games set in their countries or is it more exciting to roll around digital versions of major American cities, blowing things up like you see in the movies?

my country is not important enough to get a spot in any game ever

Owerwatch does have a Brazillian though.
He's the best support character.

but Brazilians are white

We are never featured as a player nation but each time you play these civ type of games for any country you play as the Jews. Running ''your'' country behind the scenes, making war, playing with economics, changing your nation's form of government culture and religion. Etc.

Well not that much actually ,if you think that I'm telling shit, tell me 5 French character in multiplayer games

No but apparently one of the main antagonists in Ass Creed is a Finn.

I know this only because of the hilarious way the voice actor who plays him says Perkele.

youtube.com/watch?v=UHzo9-L1kvU

This shit is hilarious.

His projectiles feel floaty as fuck and I hate using him.

Anyway I do think it's funny that Brazilian characters are usually dancers in some way. Like Eddie from tekken.

Spy in TF2.
Widow from overwatch.
Some general from World in Conflict.
Napoleon in Civilization.
That's all I remember I guess.

What means perkele ?
I hear that a lot and I don't have a single clue of what it means

Widow is French ?

Pagan Finnish Satan

It's a swear word. One of our better ones.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perkele

Also "Otso Berg" as the ass creed character is called is horrible at pronouncing it.

Truly awful.

Otso Berg

It's not thay hard, huh?
Perkele=Satan.

vittu tuo helari hirnuminen alko vituttaa
alaikäban ja lopeta videoittes mainostus

Yes. Look at her replics in collection menu. Half of them are french.

Yes, obviously.
Her voice lines include "Magnifique", "Shershe la senpai" and "O-la-la" and she has the stereotypical accent.
Wellcom to the world of cringe.

I wanted to ask a Finnish about this , better than Google translate

youtube.com/watch?v=-HeQQjbiDQ0

Actually it's thunder god.
Christians are fucking faggots tho so now its "the devil"

Tsori ei oo oma video.

Eka video mikä sattu juutubes vastaan ku laitto hakuun "otso berg perkele"

En ees kattonu koko videota.

I'll watch some video and I'll write the mines here so you can write them properly :)

If it's a game made by Japan yes, those guys love us.

The fucking cringe I felt when I heard this fucking accents oh my god at least the spy had a minor accents
At least it's no Quebec

Just spam it down chokepoints or use it at point blank.
It's actually pretty good because it doesn't have damage falloff and you can easily pick Bastions with it.
And you don't use him for fighting anyway. Lucio is for rallying your team, making/denying pushes and healing your frontline.

No, and it'd be embarrassing to try

What the fuck is a "Canadian character"?

Welcome to the world of every Russian.

It really isn't, but since we make all those games...

youtu.be/Hd0Js1C_G4I?t=23

I feel you deeply my friend
Also how do you feel about the Russian on CS GO do you think they give a good image of your country ?

>take Zen, Hinduism, daoism, and Buddhism
>shove them all into a ball juggling robot and give him a peace sign emote
This game is diverse in the worst way possible, everyone is reduced to safe stereotypes for mainstream appeal but it's obvious they've been stereotyped so hard half the characters are walking American meme perceptions of other countries.

So perkele is literally Thor?

I don't play CSGO, but I believe Russian gamer stereotypes are over exaggerated.
There are kids and shitlords in every nation, but naturally you notice them more when they stand out with a different language.

Yeah I think that too
Actually what is your favorite vidya ?

Pyro is Mexican

>thor is the only thunder god
my nigga....

I would like a game located in Chile

>Yep. And, of course, ours had to be a happy green and yellow nigger. I'm surprised he doesn't have soccer powers.
Fuck you, Lucio is based.
>He doesn't like to break it down

BEST Í HEIMI

What kind of game would you like to play that would star a Chilean and take place in Chile?

Earthquake simulator 2016

Rescuing miners
Bullying Bolivia and Peru
War with Argentina
Fernão de Magalhães trip around the globe
Dictator Simulator

antarctic territorial claims simulator 2013

So Victoria 2?

Some sandbox shit, that's for sure. I'm not really into vidya, some GTA or fallout kind of game, I don't know.
Maybe I can blow up La Moneda by myself, who knows.
Chilean military coup: The game

I don't know. I'd say Pokemon, but then I completely ignored all Sun&Moon news.

I don't think I've frequently played any of the top time games in last year.

And then you add
Every 30 min there is an Earthquake and you need to run away from the coast.
10/10