Buy AMD Ryzen CPU

>Buy AMD Ryzen CPU
>drivers crash windows

THANKS Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X/3647vs3915
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Ryzen hasn't even come out yet
>Using Windows

pics, faggot

Install....GENTOO

Is it windows 7? Cause it no work on windows 7...

>windows

>CPU
>drivers

Is the 1700x overkill for gayming? No fanboy/meme responses please.

underkill. it has shit single core speed (what matters in gaymen) compared to intel.

I forgot to specify no shill responses either. Here's a (you) on me pajeet.

Especially if you're playing fucking ARMA

No games will see any improvement with that many cores. Get the 1600x because it will overclock better thus giving you better single thread performance for gayming

>No games will see any improvement with that many cores
Except every AAA game since 2016

It should work on Windows 7, just like how the newer Intel processors work on older Windows versions.

There's just no support for them.

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700X/3647vs3915

I'm not shilling. The numbers speak for themselves. Single core speed is everything in games. Unless you need to run 8 games at the same time, stick with intel.

12t vs 16t is not going to make a difference is what I meant. For gaming I would just wait on the top end r5

>Even fucking CS:GO scales up to eight cores, much less modern games
>M-muh single core engines from 2001!
Please give it a rest.

I heard from a totally unverified source the overclocking turbo app straight up don't work with Win 7 (which I thought was weird and probably isn't true).

Plz respond.

2 extra actual cores will make a difference as you can see from benchmarks on games like Watchdogs 2
The only excuse you have to get the 1600x instead of the superior 1700x is being poor

This, proper game engines support multi thread processing.

Didn't CS:GO just got a Vulkan update?

Unless it comes out that the 1600x can attain significantly higher core clock speeds, which isn't far-fetched

Now if only Ryzen had a OC tool that would let you set profiles for different applications to the point where you could, if that was the case, disable 1 or 2 cores and get the exact same clock speeds of the supposedly better at overclocking R5 while still retaining all 8 cores for when you're not playing whatever shitty game from 2011 that still can't fully utilize all cores.
Oh wait it does.

As you can clearly see that's 2 cpu sample of the 1700x both with the boost disabled.

If the theories about the r7 are correct then the 1700x is binned lower and can't attain higher clocks.
The r5 1600x will be able to reach higher than the 1800x per core when they are all enabled, and the same when 2c disabled on 1800x, and higher than the 1700x even with 2c disabled.

We'll see after March 2nd. I'm sure they'll be a ton of shit on Ryzen's pluses and minuses.

So it's all speculation based on nothing?
>he doesn't know the R5 are just R7 who didn't make the cut

Honestly if it renders well and handles VMs and hyperthread/multithread well I'll get the 1700x or 1800x for my VM/Render rig, I'll keep my gaming rig Intel, hopefully they come out with a 7800K or 8800K for $300-$350 in response on LGA-2066 or I'll have to go with X99 and 6800K for my CPU side upgrade.

You are right I didn't see that. Still speculation at this point. I hope you are right though.

Isn't that the point of different price tiers in the first place?

>amd
>bad drivers

Never forget

I don't know about much about computers, but I'm pretty sure CPUs don't need drivers? Aren't those just for printers so they know which cartridge to use?

>epic meme bro

AMD is garbage for drivers.

1600x for playing old games that focus on single-core performance

1800x for playing anything made within the last 3 years and onwards for multi-core performance

>CPU
>Drivers

back to Sup Forums faggot

a 50$ upgrade voucher has been applied to your Intel CPU

Are you stupid or what you bitch? They used for power management.
Enjoy your fried CPU.

csgo only uses the first core, even with -threads 4

>buy rx 470
>bsod and loses signal on a hourly basis
>remove the drivers
>works like a charm

rly activates my almonds

Nice panic post you retarded Intel shill.