Tfw hackathon

>tfw hackathon
>build an oscilloscope, feeling pretty good about it
>team that made a website that shows safe spaces in the area, such as All Gender Bathrooms, wins the "Most Technically Challenging" category
>REEEEE
>go on their website after the event
>they left some of the filler text that comes with the framework in the site
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE fuck women

Other urls found in this thread:

refugerestrooms.org/about
github.com/tkwidmer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is why you don't go to any of that "hackathon" or "coding bootcamps"
Its just SJWs all the way down and Jews looking for free labour

>shit that didn't happen
post the website then. post the results of the contest. link to a pastebin of your scope.

It was at my school and I'm friends with the organizer, so I wanted to help and attend

Literally happened 11 hours ago. If I share the link to their site, people would be able to track down my project and then myself

>posting from phone
>made up bullshit
>google some dumb shit just to try and prove it

fuck off kid

>he doesn't post from his phone in bed after masturbating

what kind of OSCOPE did you build, did you use an FPGA?

>they left some of the filler text that comes with the framework in the site
which framework?

what if we promise not to

why the fuck would you go to a (((hackathon)))?

Don't have an fpga, so I did it with a microcontroller
Stylish portfolio I think
Yeah sure I trust you user ;^)

what's hackatron?

What Micro? I assume it didnt have a great ADC so it was a probably a slow OSCOPE. Will you post the project on GIT?

A tiva4c. Takes up to 1M sample/s, 12bit adc. Didn't have a function generator on hand to dick around with to test its limits. Currently hosted on my own mercurial server

Id like to get into TIs chips, I only ever messed around with MSP430s. Any way I can convince you to upload the source code? Im a recent EE Grad so there is a lot I dont know and I am trying to learn.

What am I looking at in the picture.

Maybe I'll throw it in a pastebin tomorrow. The chip is really nice, much more powerful than an arduino, but there's less libraries available which can be a pain in the ass, especially for the display I used
:t tells you the type of things in haskell

Makes sense. Haven't had the pleasure of Haskell yet. Thanks for clarifying.

Just the fact that they call them 'hackathons' pisses me off and drives me away from them. What is that even supposed to mean/how does it relate to what they are doing?

So what the fuck does their website do, link you to google maps?

I understand this though. Oh well.

Edit: refugerestrooms.org/about

They didn't even have a unique idea REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>built a oscil

dude let me get some prints of that bad boy

do you have any noise or is the signwave clean?

what about radio pollution?(does it create electro fields)

is it sensitive to heavy amps?

let me get those schematics bro!

I didn't create the name, I just wanted to get some free stuff (snagged an arduino nano) and have an opportunity for prizes (drones, gift cards, etc). Ended up a bit disappointing, but I ended up with a working oscope which is pretty cool

Common man I wont have access to Sup Forums tomorrow Ill be busy with work.

An oscilloscope isn't challenging, either. First year EE project

>wwIII is about to happen
>writing code for finding bathrooms that accept you for cutting off your penis

I know you didn't name it, OP, I'm asking rhetorically in my autistic rage against hip programmers.

>working oscilloscope
Yeah that is pretty cool, not that I know much about them. I don't think there are many freeware options out there for one of those.

Blue collar tradesman here

Why is SJWism so rampant in the technology industry?

hackathon refers to hackers from the 70s/80s

this isnt the same association as today.
back then everyone who had a computer was a develeper or a hobby guy

either way you knew what you were doing because they cost about as much as a car

to even access the internet you had to understand networking, RF and minor EE which are totally different fields then programmers/bios-architect

they were called hackers because they hacked together multiple machines

back then everything was IBM super propriatary and nothing was allowed without their licensing which costs money

no peripherals or attachments or programs!
no sharing and no open source!

"hackers" are what became silicon valley and they created apple and microsoft and google ect ect

they are the people who made electronics affordable and open

its how we were able to rapidly evolve over the past 20 years technologically and got the smartphone

the hackathons are meant for makers(3d modelers for cnc laser/water or3dprinting) and DIY'ers (people who repair their cars and plumbing and minor carpentry and farming and prototyping and reverse engineering

we want to fight against trade marks and IP we dont like patents

we want information to be free and to be cheap

if you get hung up on the terms then that makes you no better then a SJW

a word is used to convey a message

what does it matter how that word is pronounced?

disapointing

maybe we can rally around a arduino or stm32 based project one day

id be willing to maintain a git repo

Let me guess, a needlessly overpowered project that tries to create a problem to solve or makes some LEDs light up.

Agreed, which is why I was able to do it in about ten hours from when I got the screen to light up
Not that sophisticated, just some resistors and wires on a breadboard between the mcu launchpad and the display module. Looks pretty noisy, but too early to see what the limits are

It's injected into all male-dominated spaces in order to disrupt the formation of right-wing views and voting blocs.

White men predominantly vote right wing, and they also tend to organize into unions. Diversity hires, women, etc. basically allow for discrimination against white males under the pretense of equality. It's further assisted by the tech industry being a beta-nerd industry (with lots of indentured slaves I mean H1B's), so a lot of the men have absolutely no clue how to behave around women, nor how women generally act. Throw in some self-hating, cuck, and transgender propaganda and you've got a white male workforce unwilling to unionize, and actively pozzing up everything they touch with their effeminate behaviour. Ultimately it makes them easier to control and direct for the sake of the social engineers running the country from the deep state.

everyone says this but they never compare a DIY digital microcontroller to even a 80s analog

digital microcontrollers and processors base their signal off of crystals

and they are noizy they are not a stable signwave

all of you guys saying its easy to make or its a beginner EE are liars

its simple to make but difficult to make one that is actually accurate for modern day standards

there is no way you can use those functionally to diagnose a computer circuit board for instance or audio equiptment

not to mention you probably cant even handle AC current by the sound of it

im not talking about a little 5v DC babbys first LED

i want a competent digital oscil so we can so some software defined presets and share them

github.com/tkwidmer

top kek

wtf...

thats a fucking troll profile no way

who's that girl that works for nasa and has a github that is like 6 fake projects

shes listed as a data analyst

>professionals
>organizing into unions

That's a fucking retarded theory. The reason why tech doesn't have unions is the same reason why doctors don't really have a union in the traditional sense: professional labor is valuable and scarce enough that doctors/tech workers don't need unions to negotiate for pay collectively, they can negotiate it themselves. Very few professions have unions, most just have professional orgs like IEEE, the AMA, ASME, etc.

>be OP
>build a braindead clone of an entry-level engineering device that is mass-produced and can be bought anywhere
>get mad at the people who actually develop something useful for certain people
>attach a political agenda to everyone who supports them
>post on Sup Forums
>'fuck women'
>probably gonna call this response a cuck or something equally embarassing
>'fuck women'
>implying OP ever fucks a woman

It won't even work because of loading error, anyway. A clone would be better

Would you like to explain what exactly was technically challenging about the project that won the award? OP has all reasons to be upset and accuse them of pushing a political agenda.

Doctors DO have a union, dumbfuck.

The doctor union control who can and cannot become a doctor.

>Very few professions have unions, most just have professional orgs like IEEE, the AMA, ASME, etc.

read the whole post next time

What is your point then? Professionals still have organizations to defend their rights collectively?

Professional organizations don't concern themselves with "hurr i need muh 15 minute smoke breaks" or "hurr gibs me overtime". They handle shit like hosting conferences for people to talk about medicine or EE or whatever the fuck their field is, educational and professional standards, and usually they'll have journals where they publish research in their field.

Individual professionals can handle their own shit when it comes to pay and working conditions.