/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/t0LSu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody wants to post ?

Here's a cat for the lonely thread :>

>anime posters

Its been years since I posted, but heres my temporary set up.

looks nice and customised but i dont think theres enough space for that many computers

oh forgot to post, looks nice, good taste in anime. Idk about the ambient light though

early

Nice receiver(?), is that a functional antenna for it, or something else? What's with the wires halfway?

does that compu chair hurt your ass?

Early~ But not a new pic, sorry.

No, it's very soft.

Panorama of my station from yesterday.

Niche-station! Is that a Vive? If so, how is it? I'm considering getting one.
View and radiator makes this look very comfy.
Lots of anime. Good if you like anime.
Temporary setups are tough. How long until you get a more permanent one?
Looks great! Neat antenna.
Dark, but looks OK from what I can see.
You'll always be the pinkest.
Room is tasteful (I might replace the Ikea coffee table since you don't have anything else in there in wood grain, but it's not bad). Cables could use some managing at the actual station though.
Very nice.

>Room is tasteful (I might replace the Ikea coffee table since you don't have anything else in there in wood grain, but it's not bad). Cables could use some managing at the actual station though.
It's all spanking new, so while I sortof agree, it's staying.
I'm waiting for a new hdmi cable before going all-out on the cables (something I love doing for some reason).
I like your style, I'm a fan of the fan, and that chair looks comfy as hell.
What's the art on the left?

>Temporary setups are tough. How long until you get a more permanent one?
just like a month. Its still my house, but im replacing the flooring, painting the walls and i sold my desk (using a dinner table right now). Probs a month or so till everything is finished.

Put together a few days ago.

>What's the art on the left?
It's a Laura Bifano print. She did a series of paintings with pixel animals in more traditionally painted settings, which is a conceit I kind of like.

>Is that a Vive? If so, how is it? I'm considering getting one.

Nope, OSVR 1.3. It's better than the Rift DK2 and worse than the CV1. I haven't used an OSVR2 or Vive.

You had cable management figured out in your other photo, it's gotten worse somehow... Otherwise nice comfy 3 wall setup.
Humble, yet comfy. old school rad heating, I immediately assume you are from Europe.
Dark photos, but comfy, not my taste in posters, but its your set up so good job user.
Messy af, why the bedsheet. I'm sure it's functional and you get work done, so right on user.
Clean lines, I like the floating shelf. Monitor on the right size I must know.
Sooo dark.
Hazmat bucket under desk?
Loving that couch user, not loving the colour of paint. (yellow)
Hello again friend, make anymore headway on that drone of yours?
Simple yet clean, good work. Nice art.
Cool panoramic, you appear to well studied, assuming you have read most of the books you must be a reasonably educated individual. HOWever you still waste time on Sup Forums, 4shame. j/k user, good work.
I just got finished rewatching all Resident Evils >< Nice loft.

>Laura Bifano
Thanks mate, I dig it! Thinking of buying the Cassowary maybe.

I'm here again to interject.

Added my headphones, a headphone amp and switch, some extra plugs on the back, stained the top mode wood, new coasters, a bathmat to stand on, a wall power meter (tops out at 10 amps with both computers running benchmarks) plus a bolt in the wall to put my briefcase.

Am I cool yet?

For the user who asked on the last thread, here are the wallpapers: imgur.com/a/t0LSu
The pictures are from Masashi Wakui, but I have no idea about the buildings themselves.
The monitors are U2414H. Kinda wish they were 1440p, but they look great, and I love the slim bezels. Whenever I get new monitors, it's almost definitely going to be something from Dell again.

>Hello again friend, make anymore headway on that drone of yours?

Yes! Nearly finished with all the hardware needed to actually get it up in the air for a test flight, if that goes well I will have the gimbal, cameras, video switcher+transmitter & landing gear controls to add.

bedsheets because its a dining table and i dont want to 1. scratch it and 2. the oils from the wood to get on the stuff thats on it

didnt you just take this off reddit? seems kinda shit to use

is that a robot dog?

I took those pictures 15 minutes ago and haven't posted on reddit with it since before I got my second monitor.

oh, well how long do you use it for i couldnt stand for more that 30 or so.

On average? 12-15 hours a day depending on if I have a heavy workload or if the weather isn't nice. Today (yesterday) I started working at it around 6PM, and it's not 8AM, I have to leave at 9:20AM and will be back home around 5PM to probably have another 6 hours of work at the computer before going to bed.

One of those days when I dont really want to wake up.

~chuu

Don't give a fuck.

>Don't give a fuck.
Those rifles prove it, no one that edgy would give a fuck, you're a man on the edge. Better not mess with this guy.

No I mostly meant the mess and the tinfoil on the window.

>tinfoil on the window
you know that would amplify radio signals right?

To block radio signals you need a faraday cage which has current running through it to block the radio signals, not just foil on your window.

I don't care about radio signals, I care about the fucking sun. The cunt always keeps shining in my eyes.

That's what blinds are for, they'll make you look far less autistic.

Blackout blinds have been a thing for years.

You underestimate my laziness.

stop arguing kids, i need some one to rate me :^)

i baked a Pi as one

Looks homo

you just hate mars :C

No, I just hate you.

new picture, with new phone (XZ)

Decently early this time

I hate network issues.

One of the things that sometimes have no explanation why it wont work or why it does suddenly work.

boop

Might take a new pic soon but nothing has really changed.

Sorry about the orientation

Normal pic

is there a single person who doesn't have a Megumin desktop wallpaper?

I dont have her as my wallpaper
She is one of the background images on my homescreen for my browser though.

I dont.

I don't because I'm not a seasonal waifufag trash.

Well the show is airing so I have it I usually change mine to what anime I'm currently watching.

I always wanted to ask, why your dog always looks so miserable?

If you've had her since last season it wouldnt be season anymore would it?

What monitor?

ay

What's happening?

how do you get your wallpaper like that?
or did you cut it yourself?

Rate and hate.

Windows 10 allows for spanned wallpapers by default.

I did have to edit the original image file to make it off center the way it is though, otherwise by default it looked like this

So I added a large black section to the left side to move the image of Mars more to the right, then flipped the monitor to allow Mars's full size to show, as opposed to when they're both horizontal and you can't see the top or bottom.

Oh it's my parents network. Fibertv and wifi repeaters/APs doesn't go well together it seems.

fair enough, but isn't having a messy piece of cloth under your stuff uncomfortable as fuck? just wrap your nice table in some packing paper

inspiring bookshelf, thanks for sharing
>cybercultures
>hackers: heroes of the computer revolution

>wallpapers
thanks. it's not that obvious that it's in japan in the first and the latter pic, wouldn't have thought

comfy asf

OUTTATHEWAY FUCCBOIS!

still one of my favorite bst's on here

Where's your guns?

I want another screen soon but poorfag.

moving soon, probably the last time it'll look this good

hello

Asus VA32AQ. 32" 1440p IPS. Got it from Best Buy for $230 on boxing day.

The thumbnail makes it look like the chair is a person or like yoda or something with a hood on.

I see that Orchid Seed fig under your Yotsuba. I really want to buy it too, but I live in Canada and just know that it'll get taken away by customs the second it arrives here.

kek

heil for the rk95

Yeah I wouldn't risk it if I was you. Couldn't they technically slap you with a CP possession charge too?

how much is it costing you to build your drone? Custom fabrication, or is it a kit?

She's my pride and joy, and it's shameful how I haven't had time or money to feed her properly.

get an 8 inch broadcast monitor, then cool

l8

still one of the best replies on here

temp set up.
the rest of the parts should get here this week, in the mean time I'm working off a laptop on my bed.

Did you attach those drawers to the tabletop or is it just sitting on top?

Just sitting on top.

I could see that happening. Definitely not worth it.

On an unrelated note, are there are decent-looking mini dressers/desk organizers around? All I ever usually find are cheap plastic ones. I just want something small to keep my USB drives and other small miscellaneous things in. My desk doesn't have built-in drawers and everything gets really dusty really quickly.

I think it ended up in the £500-600 range (without radio, batteries, charger, HD cam, smartphone/tablet, etc.). Parts are off-the-shelf.

Ay I'm dumb
Meant to reply to

that wallpaper would bother the shit out of me

first time here and first time making a collage thing. sorry for terrible qaulity pics and for the tiny bit of editing I tried doing, (i just maxed the little color slider)

Can someone explain to me why the ikea markus is 'bad for your posture and why I should look for something else?

I'm willing to spend a little more than a markus. No edgy racing seats though

You room feels really tiny.
Did you stretch your pics?

my room is hilariously small. but yes i had to stretch them a tad to make it work, like i said first timer here. next time Il do better, I still have to hang all the guitars on the wall with the bookshelf then buy some posters.

Overral patrician taste. BTW, game-fag here: these arts from Sam&Max and Monkey Island are originals from someplace or reproduction? Same question for the Steve Purcell's autography.