Why doesn't exit usb port like Phone Jack ?

we use the jack 3.5 for audio, video and not for Data transmission, why ?

Fuck off Pipou you're drunk

:( no seriously ?

Because there is a good chance that data and voltage can be shorted out as the rings of the jack slide across contacts coming in and out of the barrel. Likewise, power could be sent through a data line as it is inserted/removed.

Also, with exposed rings, its fuck easy to short shit out if you let the jack brush up against metal etc.

but this can't be bypassed with good or other matérials ? and also why we don't use cylinder usb ?

>but this can't be bypassed with good or other matérials

If ti has conductors exposed, idiot namecunts like yourself will find ways to short them, period. Or are you suggesting using non conductive materials for the jack..?

This board is fucking retarded. I'm going back to /diy/

pretty sure most jacks have a sense pin/switch in them

also, some things have already used 3.5mm for USB, so apparently it works in practice

Digital data is also massively susceptible to noise, which would be easily induced by rotating or nudging the jack. Same reason headphone crackle when you rotate the jack in the plug.

> This board is fucking retarded.
Can't say I disagree.

So go build it, test it and sell it.

But the usb-c is there I will just get fucked

>Digital data is also massively susceptible to noise, which would be easily induced by rotating or nudging the jack. Same reason headphone crackle when you rotate the jack in the plug.
while that would be fatal for some digital things, which are a constant stream, USB is a packet-based protocol which can (and i believe it does) retransmit failed packets, allowing for recovery from momentary issues like that

>Digital data is also massively susceptible to noise, which would be easily induced by rotating or nudging the jack. Same reason headphone crackle when you rotate the jack in the plug.
>while that would be fatal for some digital things, which are a constant stream, USB is a packet-based protocol which can (and i believe it does) retransmit failed packets, allowing for recovery from momentary issues like that

It's probably for that usb-jack 3.5 not exist

Yeah, I'll pay that, but I believe the USB standard treats any interruption of data greater than a few milliseconds as a disconnect, which could cause a device to completely drop and reconnect. Not so good if you're moving a tonne of data.

The more you post, the less sense you make.

yes, USB is not really made for poor connections, 3.5mm is usable if you really need to use it, but it's not ideal

>It's probably for that usb-jack 3.5 not exist
Ok, to be fair, you may have left the word "reason" out of that sentence, and you're clearly not a native English speaker. I don't want to discourage you, but for fucks sake, git gud at making your points.

not being able to make an educated guess what someone meant when they miss a word is a sign one isn't a native speaker

people make mistakes, there's also nothing in the rules against non-native speakers here

I just assumed he was shitposting and didn't bother thinking too much about it as I was discussing USB nuts and bolts with the other guy. Only on review did the penny drop, and even with the missing word added its a barely parsable sentence. Hum my nuts.

>there's also nothing in the rules against non-native speakers here

Which is why I corrected myself and offered an apology for calling him an idiot.

They don't use it for data so that you cannot just plug in and pirate music that way.

I've seen 3.5ms TS jacks being used for power (chargers).

I am surprised that this scene unfolds before me! I did not expect it on Sup Forums. It's really make me happy !

Shielding is one reason.

The plug end (metal shell) is ground and helps to prevent interference by keeping the data and power lines unexposed as much as possible.

Good 3.5mm sockets and plugs that aren't spec busting are godly but almost impossible to find nowadays. I keep having to buy new 3.5 to 6.5mm TRS adapters because apparently the gooks haven't discovered spring steel yet.

the primary function of the USB port is to create a plug and play interface. in order to do that they created with a wit expedient a way to disconnect the device (wich is powered by the USB interface) shutting it down correctly. in particular they created the power and ground pin a bit longer that the others, so that if you are disconnecting the device it has enought time to shut down (take into account that the generic USB device hasn't enought capacitance to hold the voltage high for enough time at power down). This is a very important function (obviously not present in the jack) that is very appreciated because it makes you able to connect/disconnect the device when you prefer without damaging the device (think about the FLASH memory, if you power down during the programmation you'll lose all the data!!)