Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jb7p3VkQCOo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes?

I like the bottom one better. Personally felt better and it's tactile cues also felt better.

Which models have the Top one?.

New layout

it's a shame you have dust in your keyboards, i sure do hate that.

bottom is better because the keys are the right shape. too much space between them too. Keys should be right next to each other, or else it means the keys are too small or the computer is too big for the computer.

Literally everyone that is too poor/autistic to buy a mouse is retarded.

Also thinkpads are a meme and if you want/own one its only because youre too poor/retarded to buy a nice computer.

>small enter key

Why aren't Thinkpads colourful anymore?

The top one would have been fine if it had the same layout as the bottom one.

bottom, you can identify the delete key by its size and therefore touch type home, page up, down, end etc. without looking. more function options
top has no advantage

x230 / t430

the bottom one looks more useful but they both have the retarded ctrl spot

this to be quite honest

are trackpoints useful for text editing or are mouses better?

trackpoint is better since you don't have to take your hands off the keyboard

youtube.com/watch?v=jb7p3VkQCOo

You know? Now there is plenty new Thinkpads with the classic Trackpoint.

>feat Pitbull
where can I get this album?

Bottom one is better as it has the blue enter key

The new keyboards are still way better than an average laptop keyboard, so I don't see why there has to be a disagreement.

>less keys
>each key is smaller
>same amount of space
>useful keys resigned to retarded positions
there is no contest here. if you prefer the top you're retarded

I have used both.
The top one has a weird layout that almost forces people to change it, at least, I assume that other people do it too.

The keys are decent, I can live with the pgup/pgdown placement, but removing the menu key? Shouldn't they leave the keyboard design to people who have used a computer?

I have the top USB one. It's utter shit, coming from x201 user. Catches dust like crazy, has wrong key responsiveness and the trackpoint constantly freezes moving in one direction.

>text editing
Most people use the keyboard, for that.

It is worse than a mouse, but better than a trackpad.
The trackpad can easily get hit on accident and if you have tap to click enabled, you could click on something random.
The larger they are, the greater this risk becomes, the smaller they are, the worse they are for deliberate cursor movement.

5 row master race

>starving kids in africa argument

>that pube

Bottom, because i'm an intel shill and the delete button is bigger.

An x220 is arriving in a few days. I never used this trackpoint thing, 10 years ago my sister did but I couldn't even touch her thinkpad (whichever model it was at the time I cannot remember, but it could barely handle XP)

I used many trackpads though, including the magic trackpad. I have to say, there's a substantial difference between different models. If all you can do with a trackpad is move the mouse cursor around then yes, it's shit. But I used like 15 different gestures to get by with the apple ones and it was pretty comfortable.

Now that I'm going to get this thing, how the hell does the clit work? It looks weird for analog movement. How would one move from one side of the screen to the other in an accurate way? Does it have acceleration? I'm just confused as how that works.

Differently shaped keys are legit a good thing.

It's not a record that Apple would sell you.

top one masterraic. you can't go wrong with it.

I think it is a torque sensor.
You slide your right index finger from the j over to the clit, thumb on mouse buttons.
Cursor movement is very straight forward, you just put pressure in the direction you want.