/AMD vs. Intel/ The containment thread #1

Ryzen leaks are more spicy than ever.
Intel is pulling funding from reviewers.
AMD crashed their test rig at a demo.
What's the outlook guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

valid.canardpc.com/bench/rjmzdu/1
overclock.net/t/1624243/cpu-z-ryzen-1700x-single-multi-thread-benches-also-1700x-vs-6800k-benches
techpowerup.com/190206/amd-licences-trustonic-trusted-execution-environment
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insolvency
passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=78353805729
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what clock is Ryzen running at in that pic?

How does it feel to own a ryzen processor?

valid.canardpc.com/bench/rjmzdu/1
"validation" button takes you to the home page unfortunately.
overclock.net/t/1624243/cpu-z-ryzen-1700x-single-multi-thread-benches-also-1700x-vs-6800k-benches

Intel is dum

NOT SO FAST PAJEET

What the fuck is this man even saying?

The only reason someone would want AMD to fail is if they work for Intel, or if they just bought an i7 and are having buyers remorse, but even then they should be happy that there will be a leap in progress and future upgrades will be cheaper.

no idea. nobody with half a brain would think that a 3Ghz chip would be able to beat a 4.2Ghz both stock.

ryzen will be failure as with buldogers processors. Just words

So

1. Ryzen overclocks better, since Intel is run balls-to-the-walls at maximum voltage
2. Ryzen has a wider L2 cache thus superior performance even when the algorithm is build for 256KB.

Wow, intel shills sure are eternally butthurt. Single and multi-threaded performance proved to be superior.

>buldogers
Wut?

but shit mem controller user

>The only reason someone would want AMD to fail is if they work for Intel, or if they just bought an i7 and are having buyers remorse, but even then they should be happy that there will be a leap in progress and future upgrades will be cheaper.
I sincerely want AMD to fail just so I don't have to see you faggots flood the board with fanboy bullshit anymore

Intel paid full time illegals to shill

das it goy

How is wanting a healthy competition and better products fanboyism? Are you purposedly ignoring the fact that AMD not failing will be the best thing to happen to the CPU market in a long time from a consumers standpoint? Really makes one question your motives here...

t. Still haven't upgraded from a 3930k because the gains have been shit,and giving Intel competition will change that. Maybe we will se something more than 5% ipc gains every 2 years.

>algorithm not taking full advantage of cache
>work better anyway
as an alternative case
>algorithm made for 512KB L2
>intel performs like shit
>"b-but it's not made for intel chips"
pick one, faggot

>buyers remorse

>How is wanting a healthy competition and better products fanboyism?

That's Intelfags for you. They're the Applefags of CPUs.

sensible person:
>let's wait until they launch and we can see a bunch of third-party real-world benchmarks
frothing-at-the-mouth faggot:
>HURR MY CPU BTFO UR CPU MUH BRAND LOYALTY HURR DURRR COMPETITION GOOD FOR EVERYONE BUT LOOK AT THESE BENCHMARKS AND LISTEN TO MY SPECULATION DURRR

It's looking really really bad for Ryzen right now

AMD doing the same shit they did before, add more cores while real-world performance is shit

How is it not sensible to not want AMD to fail?

>I don't know how to interpret simple data

The post!

Wrong.

The sad fact is that AMD will never be able to compete with Intel because their R&D budget is like 1/10th.

Intel LOVES AMD to stick around as a token competitor because it means they won't be broken up due to monopoly laws.

The best thing we can hope for is AMD to fail completely, so Intel is forced to be broken up, then we will get real competition.

As long as AMD is still around, we will keep getting these half-assed attempts like Ryzen that pose no real threat whatsoever to Intel.

wow I can barely see the goalposts now, great job 'jeet

it's the opposite of before
real full cores and hyperthreading vs. module shit
the issue is heat dissipation, just like intel's 8 core SKUs this will lead to lower stock clocks to achieve the TDP set

That's impossible I'm afraid. The only way AMD could actually "die" if they disband on their own. Why are you acting like Zen is bad when we don't have proper benchmarks yet? Even Bulldozer had leaks that showed how bad it was at this point.

Again, why is wanting a healthy competition making me a shill? My last 3 cpu's have been Intel, and for the last 5 years I've been disappointed time and time again.

89.. 88.. 85

is that what your getting at?

because even that from a maths problem perspective seems a bit off.

>1700 gets 3 FPS less than 7700k@5ghz in average
>it's not even overclocked

Even assuming the benchmark is real, and you can't prove it is, I can't see your point.

>The best thing we can hope for is AMD to fail completely, so Intel is forced to be broken up, then we will get real competition.

>he thinks intel will be broken up when it still has clear competition in the cpu market (from ARM)
>he wants to choose between never evolving x86 or fucking ARM instead of x86 constantly evolving through competition

It's from some reviewer who broke the NDA.

There's more too that show the same thing.

>Even Bulldozer had leaks that showed how bad it was at this point.

...and we have the same thing for Ryzen. Same shit all over again.

AMD is dum

7000 benchmarks against 2, since the CPU is not even out yet and can't be examined better.
Just stop trying, why are you even doing this?
Is it just to have some fun seeing AMD hype kids panicking, or because you bought an Intel CPU recently and you're scared you're going to regret your purchase?

Except we don't? Everything so far looks promising.

These are the only leaks we have so far, take it as you will

This is just reality, I would love AMD to do great, but I cannot see a single reason to buy Ryzen unless you do lots of video encoding.

You don't have to buy 8core Ryzen.

>These are the only leaks we have so far
There have been may more, proving Ryzen does much better in other games, but that aside, why would you say that it's looking bad for Ryzen by posting a benchmark that proves the opposite?

ARM only provides competition on the mobile market, which is a market intels trying to break into. A monopoly in the server and desktop cpu environment is enough of a reason to break them up. Though the CEO seems to be getting cozy with trump.

>one shitty mobo manufacturer fucked up memory and will fix it with a BIOs update within a month
>Ryzen has a bad memory controller
>2017
>listening to FUD

Will reviews be out tomorow or 2nd?

Wherever date it is, you can bet your buthole that everyone will be publishing them asap

March 2nd.
Tomorrow is VEGA

>synthetic benchmark

>half-assed
bruh I have news for you

>7700k 5.15 Turbo is only 3% faster than the 1700x 3.5 Turbo (lol wut, shouldn't it be 3.8?)

Holy shit the i7 is garbage. The R5 and R3 are going to obliterate Intel.

Thank god I didn't build a new PC in december. How much time until R5? I hope I can buy one in April.

It's q2 2017 and it means anything from April to June.

Like the other user said, it's Q2. I also hope it comes in April, but it might take a longer time since the R5 and R3 are the "failed" 8 cores (say one of the cores fails -> they disable another and make it a 6 core) and the yields have been good.

Fuck me, I'm tired of waiting. I can barely use my 9 years old PC for anything now.

I know the feel. It's even harder when you consider that the R5 1600X will cost almost the same as a "K" i5 ($260) while having 2 more cores and EIGHT more threads.

So I think it's worth it to wait a little more.

Yeah, I'll just keep playing Europa Universalis, and older games until then.

to be honest, we got one boutique vender that used shit ram that even when you replicate timeings, you cant make it as bad on intel cpus, and we got a vender saying the mem controller is fucked all round but could be fixed in microcode update.

then we have amd putting out a 3600mhz tweet with only 2 sticks...

Will ryzen come with anal probe like Intel chips?

>"I want a safe space"

Being ironically retarded is still being retarded

>I sincerely want AMD to fail just so I don't have to see you faggots flood the board with fanboy bullshit anymore
A week ago there was relatively sensible discussion from both sides.
Now that it's close to launch it's all AMD BTFO!!!!, one line posts and mental retardation about how facts work.
>faggots flood the board with fanboy bullshit anymore
I think you're blind to how the world really works.

>ITT: Intel shills on full damage control

>Ryzen has worse performance than stock i7 across the entire spectrum
>somehow this means Intel is getting BTFO
AMDrones, everyone.

Nope.

Even their security is open source.

techpowerup.com/190206/amd-licences-trustonic-trusted-execution-environment

Having a large number of cores is AMD's main selling point.

No it s not..
Selling the same cores at half the price is

shill:
>HURR DURR LOOK AT THESE LEAKED BENCHMARK AMD IS DOOMED RYZEN BTFO HAHAHAHAHA

This. AMD fanboys and """investors""" are obnoxious, insufferable cunts. They don't celebrate a better product for consumers as much as they want Intel to fail because he fanboy, by definition, is a poor, destitute loser. I look forward to the massive pullback in AMD stock a short time after release.

The intel shills are much more insufferable here. You might think that "fanboying" overmthese speculations is bad enough, intel shills are quicker to grab the weakest benchmark andexaggerate in the worst possible way. As much as I dislike fanboys, the shills are just as insufferable for spreading misinformation.

AMD can become insolvent, meaning their debt exceedes their assets, and the company would fold. Very unlikely to occur because another company would buy them very cheaply in that event. AMD is a disaster financially, however. it's been hard to watch the stock rise so rapidly when they have such shit financials; I just couldn't stomach buying into such a clusterfuck. Ryzen will keep AMD on life support but Intel can snuff them out should they want to just by slashing prices for a couple of quarters at the expense of their a large margins

I'm not a gaymer, I'm straight.

What said reads completely different.

>I love rough prison sex with Intel as the sole supplier to my much needed pain killer fix. Where all it takes is some mint jelly and fifteen minutes of hairy man ass to muffle my screams while I'm being pounded by the prison block for a cigarette an orgasm. Until my ripped and torn anal cavity is desensitized from the nightly, savage poundings that my colostomy bag has to be worn on my thigh and I enjoyed it so much all I could do is ask for more

This world would be better off with out your existence.

kek'd

>slashing prices
never gonna happen. intel have painted themselves into a corner by overcharging ptocessors for so long

>AMD can become insolvent, meaning their debt exceedes their assets

that's not what it means lol

try getting your basic terminology correct before playing armchair tycoon and rationalizing how not making a killing off of AMD stock is a good thing

AMD won't ever be insolvent. Ever.

Do you understand how much IP they own in the semiconductor arena alone? That would make other companies cream their panties for chance to access them?

That they could sell off to the highest bidder?

AMD will always be around. In some form or fashion.

>balance sheet insolvency
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insolvency

hahaha that makes less than 0 sense

>they charged high prices, now they can't lower them!!!!

I'm sure they don't want to lower them but this shit will play out just like DSLRs do. Sales and cuts over time to match a changing line up and threats from competitors

Refer to Toshiba selling its NAND division

Go ask ECD

from your link:
>Insolvency is the state of being unable to pay the money owed, by a person or company, on time; those in a state of insolvency are said to be insolvent. There are two forms: cash-flow insolvency and balance-sheet insolvency.

having a larger net principle on debts than assets does not make you insolvent. not being able to fulfill the terms of your loans does. if it meant what you think it does AMD would have been insolvent for years

back to business management 101

You're obviously stupid as fuck.

I've been running Intels since 2003 or 04 and I want AMD to win so we can have cheaper, better stuff.

Hahaha.

The cash injection from the chinks covers most short and medium term AMD debt, they literally cannot be insolvent anytime soon
Unless they get Brian as their CEO for some reason

Ahahaha faget

Intel having to lower prices at all will cause a massive boom in AMD stock and outlook. It would further nullify their nonexistent chances of going insolvent. You sound like you failed Business 101. If they didn't crash at fucking $1.6 a share, why the fuck would you think they would crash at $15.20 right now. I am glad I bought 100 shares of them when they were at $4.80

That alone would prevent them from going insolvent. But they can't go insolvent either way because they owns the 2nd most valuable IP in the server/desktop/laptop market, AMD64 the 64Bit ISA extension to Intel's x86 ISA (#1 most valuable) that you are most likely running right now.

>but I cannot see a single reason to buy Ryzen unless you do lots of video encoding
You can't see a single reason to buy a processor unless you do things that involve using your processor? Great point, thanks for bringing all of that wisdom to the thread, shitcock.

hahaha, listen to yourself much? teach me more mr buffet! i love your buzzword strings of bizbabble :D

>intel lowering prices
>ever

Things that will never happen for $500

Why would I be mad? I said I bought in at $4.80, I am ecstatic as fuck since I know AMD is going to peak well past +20 by the end of March.

You just said you didn't want to invest in them because you were worried about their financials. That alone proves you don't know anything if you missed out on a rapid +1000% Earnings Per Share in an 8 month time frame.

You don't know diddly-dick about finance you retarded faggot. Letting your dad fuck your butthole on saturday nights in exchange for the use of his credit card to buy a steam game doesn't mean you have any financial wisdom. Fuck off and kill yourself faggot.

They will probably shift tiers for the next cycle think. The i7 becomes the new i5 with a replacement 12 core CPU taking the i7 spot.

What is certain is that they are going to have to get rid of the iGPU for the higher end processors and add more cores, because they have no chance competing with AMD if they are only dedicating half their die to actual CPU cores.

Talk about painting yourself into a corner. This fucking retard here, geez. I can feel the cringe and embarrassment through this pathetic post.

The Elite of Sup Forums. Sup Forums where knowledge flows like wine at a Roman celebration.

The totality of the wonderment here is frankly amazing.

See? Insufferable cunts, the lot of you AMD Assmunchers.

passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=78353805729

Someone just posted a bench on passmark of the 1800x. If it's anything to go by, it's going to be a great cpu to get.

>16,000 points at stock

Outlook: Competitive with Intel at a fraction of the price.

It's basically -0% to -10% performance, but -40% to -60% the price.

If you absolutely, ABSOLUTELY need that extra, 0-10% performance, and are willing to pay twice as much for it, then you'll want to go Intel.

It seems to be a great CPU for the money. It is also 10% behind the 6900k. Great CPU, does not beat comparable broadwell-e, agreed?

If intel cuts prices to the rumored $700 for 6900k, 1800x will have some trouble

Well, that's one shill outed.

Come on reviewers, throw your credibility onto the pyre.

One benchmark has it not beating a 6900, it's not just comparable to Broadwell-E, it's better.

>Intel
>Cut prices

Pick one.