Building a new PC

>Building a new PC
>Trying to decide between Kabylake and Skylake
>Kabylake is basically a slightly clocked Skylake

Are Kabylake even safe to buy lads? Besides the slight speed difference are there more benefits that I'm unaware of?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-14nm-coffee-lake-release-date
imgur.com/gallery/RWbva
semiaccurate.com/2016/12/28/intel-goes-pokemon-code-names-really/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wait for Crystal Lake. It's going to be a killer.

what's kaby and skylake? 14nm? what's next after kaylake?

Kaby Lake is not even a new generation, its literally rebranded and over clocked skylakes so Intel can make more $$$

>falling for the Memelake meme 3 days before Ryzen

kabylake is a refreshed skylake. Similar architecture but the cooling has been improved to give better overclocks. For example, the 6700k needs stupid amounts of cooling to get to 5ghz, but the 7700k can go over that just with a good 240mm all-in-one.

What a cute boy.

RYZEN
Y
Z
E
N

apex kek

Why would you bother with overtop overpriced Intel when Ryzen it just a few days away from launch?

What are you upgrading from ?

KL have nothing on SL. The core design is the same. Differences are the GPU and thermal management engine (benefit to laptops only).

Get the cheapest one and get better screen/gpu

10nm Cannonlake. That's what I'm waiting for, or it's +5% counterpart.

Haswell-E

>February 29th
>Not waiting 1 week for Ryzen or for Intel to drop prices to compete with Ryzen

>February 29th
It appears I've time traveled. Apparently it's February 27th.

It's 5 am on 28th, actually.

Ugh. Just bought a 7700k and a new motherboard and ddr4 ram this week and installed it already. Upgraded from an AMD 8350 so it was a pain to deal with.

Oh well, not like the slight monetary loss is that big of a deal. Stings a bit though

If you're buying non-overclockable processors then go for kaby lake. The stock overclock is still an improvement over non-overclocked processor. If you are overclocking yourself then it's all about pricing. Kabylake is still slightly better but don't pay too much of a premium for it.

There are worse things in life. Also, it's very rare that it's ever a *good* time to upgrade your tech, so don't kick yourself too bad.

Yeah. I'm not broke or anything so it's not a huge deal. Always sucks dropping $800 on something that might have only been $600. Eh.

Worth it for dat full speed Cemu tho

Cannonlake is 10nm but will only be a laptop part (15w and under)

CoffeeLake is a 14nm desktop part identical to KabyLake (and Skylake). it will run trough 2019.

IceLake will be the first 10nm desktop cpu arcitecture begining 2019 and will be another optimisation of Skylake with no architecture change (can't do die-shrink and architecture change at same time)

pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-14nm-coffee-lake-release-date

So Intel will not release anything interesting for desktop before 2020 at least. Clock-for clock, Intel made little progress in the last 3 years and they won't in the next 3, we already know that since the CPUID of the HASWELL-E sucessor went from 5 to 9 one shot. the 6-7-8 gen are already planned out with different cores and "gen9" is same as gen5.

Don't fall for the jew, intel have strict review guidelines for it's plarforms that prevent reviewers from really shining the light on the lack of evolution.

Also, the cpu

for those wondering, its actually a man.

imgur.com/gallery/RWbva

RYZEN, retard, RYZEN!

stock overclock ? what ?
CPU power is largely irrelevant nowadays, much less than INTEL would want you to believe. Have you seen a gaming build recommandation latelly ? They all recoment a i3 or Pentium for "mid-tier" gaming rig (under 1000$).

Nah Icelake is architecture and is scheduled for Q4 2018, it'll probably slip because Intel has slipped on its fabs since 45nm. Just because it's the first 10nm desktop part doesn't mean it'll be an optimization. It'll probably be shit anyways because it isn't planned to be a ground up architecture. After that comes Tigerlake Q4 2019 which is the (((optimization))), then Tigerlake + 1 Q4 2020 is meant to be a die shrink to 7nm, and Tigerlake + 2 Q4 2021 is ground up. Word is the naming scheme is moving from the "Lake" family with Tigerlake+1. Demerjian knows but he ain't telling us unpaying plebians, but apparently it's pokemangs. semiaccurate.com/2016/12/28/intel-goes-pokemon-code-names-really/

Cannonlake is totally just shrunk Skylake with AVX-512 though.

I just bought a kaby lake i5 and z270 board, only to find out my yarr harr'd win7 is going to be a pain.
I don't want 10 goddammit.

>canon
>not the superior Nikon
fuck basic bitches
>inb4 theyre the same
wrong
nikon has AF motors in their upper level bodies, so they can use a lot of types of lenses, and canons all have AF motors in the lens, so you cant use any lens that doesnt have an AF motor

Nobody cares, there's a whole other board for that shit.

return.
At least return X270, it's the same as Z170, why did you pay Jew tax for same board ?

Well that's shit news, I was really hoping to see 10nm this year. Intel can fuck right off with their babylake upgrades. AMD is looking sweeter and sweeter, can't wait to see benches for their new processors.

zen

>no benis shots
What the fuck for?

Gets even better when they promised a 15% IPC improvement with Zen+ awhile back. With Zen they promised 40% and delivered 52%, dare I hope they deliver 19.5%?

DO IT !!
I've got the 6700K Zero problems and Reliable.

Fuck RetardZen
Tired of all the LAME AMD dick slobbering cum guzzling shill threads

Nice intel shill, how much they pay you?

Lol mad you overpayed for your underpowered processor.

She's a classy girl (male)

I have a 6700 non-k and it's a fine processor. Nothing impressive though, just like the leaps intel has been making for... Ever? I bought the non-k expecting a newer and more substantial release from intel during 2H2017 than just babylake and more of the skylake architecture. Now I have Ryzen to compete, couldn't be happier.

Underrated post.

>not getting ryzen

Will the Dark Rock 3 be compatible with AM4?

Nah but you can get a bracket from bequiet for cheap

Well, delid might be needed. My 7700k is at 4.8GHz, 1.35v with a Corsair h110i GTX and a custom fan curve. I've hit 96C after stressing for at least a day.

I was banned for making a thread very similar to this

reborted for ban evasion :DDDDDD

Since the price just dropped like 90 dollars, I feel like a 6700k is a pretty solid buy right now. No need to delid, and was more than adequate for gaming before the 7700k. The 7700k offers almost no gains in gaming

>the non-k is more expensive now
What the fuck is wrong with companies these days?

Depending on your budget, you might want save money on cpu (buy i5 instead of i7) and invest more in GPU (at least a 1070).

i7, and ocerclocking, is jsut a marketing sham, the bang for the buck is in the gpu.