If you could adjust the 7-continent model, how would you change it up?

If you could adjust the 7-continent model, how would you change it up?

I'd group it by culture since usually closer areas share closer languages, cultures, etc but at the same time, by location.

First and foremost, make Mexico part of South America. It has no reason to be with the U.S and Canada.

Secondly, divide up Asia. Make Vietnam and Bhutan part of East Asia instead of S.E Asia. And have all the Muslim countries in Southwest Asia/North Africa be one continent. All of Russia east of the Ural Mountains joins the Central Asian former-commie nations.
Thirdly, make Oceania the standard name/term instead of Australia. I know most other countries already have it, but for some reason, most Americans still call it Australia.

Forgot to mention, Western China joins Muslim countries since they write in Arabic. Also, here is template.

Shameless self-bump

what do you even know about the cultures of this world, to make you informed enough to make these splits?

I didn't claim to be the professor of culture here. I don't see how my OP is pretentious compared to all of the other posts here.
Not to mention the fact that this is coming from a citizen of a country that arbitrarily divided almost all of the places that it conquered in order to create clashes between its subjects. But that's besides the point.
Feel free to agree/disagree.

California gets to be on its own continent.

we're full north Américan tho

do you know what a continent is

You need to be a special kind of retard to divide the world taking into account something that mutates so much as cultures. Especially on a globalizing world.
These continents would be outdated in 50 years.

Yes. The general definition is: "A large body of land separated by a body of water"
a definition that contradicts itself on almost every single continent
>Europe and Asia
>Asia and Africa
>North and South America

>these continents would be outdated in 50 years

>implying the current model that we have isn't
I'd say that my model is far more fitting than the one that is used widely in our schools.

I mean who the fuck thought that clumping Middle East, Indian sub-continent, Siberia, the Sino-sphere, and Indonesia, Malaysia, etc. would be a good idea?

Nice try, Pedro.

Mexico has more times with America then South America after the whole war and loss of land and immigration and business migration.

It's just the way the system works.
American can go metric but retards would complain and many would make the switch seem like a forced conversion so you keep imperial with metric being used by people working in the relevant fields.

Why is grouping entire peoples despite big differences a thing for some groups but others it isn't.

Why are certain geographical terms that are very inaccurate or make no sense since it groups a large group of people with huge differences between each other?

If you look at my map, it's a grouping of regions that have close historical ties. It isn't arbitrary like the imperial system

Madagascar should be with S.E. Asia by that model.

Also the Bahamas with the Caribbean

Location is too far apart.

Caribbean (with the exception of Puerto Rico, Dominican Rep., Cuba, and any other Spanish-speaking countries that I missed) should have been its own category. The rest should be in S. America.

mexico is in north america you silly unitedstatian

>Azerbaijan in between Europe, Centrasia and Afrasia but not encircled by any of them.
lol

wow this map is pretty bad my man
i support this idea

America, asia, europe, africa, oceania and antarctica. No bullshit.

>america is one continent
>europe and asia are still separated
wat

Your opinion is dumb, my man. Go back to being a failure at life. I bet your parents never loved you, either. Sad.

Azerbaijan can go fuck itself. That's why.

damn dude too far
i cant live with this

>uyghurstan in same continent as morocco
>uyghurstan not in same continent as khazakstan

Geographical + socio cultural division is the best way to go. Otherwise you find inconsistencies like The only arguable point would be what to do with middle east, but they gotta suck it up to not make things more complicated

Kazakhstan is arguably closer to Non-Yurop Russia.
Uyghurstan uses Arabic, so does Morocco. Kazakhs use Cyrillic.

You shouldn't be living in the first place tbqh

Vietnam is east asia while Tibet and Outer Mongolia aren't?

*Xinjiang not Tibet