Best dankpad

Why is the W520 the best memepad and why don't you own one?

>lenovo

>lenovo
>chinkpads

But I do.
2960xm, Q2000M.
Battery life of 30 seconds.

same senpai.

>and why don't you own one?
But i do
>Battery life of 30 seconds.
>not 2-3 hours
git gud

I was memeing.
It's about 3hrs with the 9 cell.
I'd like to pickup a slice as well.
Does Arch kill the battery if it's always plugged in at home without the battery management shit that Win7 gets?

w520 IS the bestpad.
anyone saying otherwise is just a stooge

w520 is too cozy.

W531 here.
Plus a T440p and a W541. The trackpads on these are horrible though.

Why do they all have such shitty screens? My phone's display is so much better.

>non IPS screen

Nah x220 is the best thinkpad

Disable the quadro and get 8 hrs

>not T420BLAZEITFAGGOT

Its probably pretty nice but too big.

I'm dreaming of acquiring a librebooted x200, that would be my ideal Thinkpad for now.

my man. posting on it right now.

Can you install Ivy Bridge CPU on that?

w520's have ips screens ya doofus

OK? And I don't have one. These are my work laptops.

>I'm dreaming of acquiring a librebooted x200, that would be my ideal Thinkpad for now.
libreboot is going to have no impact whatsoever on your life

so what the fuck was your point?

why so touchy?

Only with libreboot
Wrong, but they have a wide viewing angle screen with a really high color range

cause I have crippling depression

The laptop would be better than the old-ass netbook I carry now.

The libreboot is just a nice bonus, to give a warm fuzzy cum feeling inside, to please my perfectionism and to ease my paranoia by disabling Intel management bullshit. And as long as I don't do it myself, I'll feel good for supporting a seller who focuses on freedom and privacy.

Some years back I actually tried moving to a Lemote Yeeloong but it was not powerful enough so eh, a proper fully free thinkpad would be like an old dream realized.

After getting outbid on old chinkpads for 2 weeks, I gave up on the meme and bought a new ideapad for £250

Me too :( Sorry

:(

Shitposting about thinkpads is all I have

Should have been more patient. Thinkpads are bestpads

ideapads are stankpads

Everything that wasn't broken and semen-stained and 5-years old was close to the £400 mark, and at that point I could add £100 and get a brand new thinkpad 13 with the student discount

Cheap thinkpad meme is true only in the US

fair enough, bud.

hope you like your ideapad

>ideapad
Might as well buy an Asus you uncultured fuck

Ease up, cunt. He's a non-american fuck, he takes what he can get.

>Cheap thinkpad meme is true only in the US
It can be true elsewhere as well, but always less so.

Actual businesses sell used Thinkpads around here a lot, they're generally pretty nice. More expensive than US ebay, sure, but they test the hardware + you get a small warranty (usually 1-6 months, which is enough to make buying comfortable).

I'd rather pay 300-400 euros for a T420/t430/etc than settle for something new and shitty.

how's it work with arch? i have one stowed away in the closet that i don't use but i'm afraid that optimus is gonna make it shitty

why haven't people realized this meme yet? isnt it obvious why they go for $200 used

bought one new in 2011
hard disk failed after three weeks and had to be replaced
an internal defect caused the speakers to die after about three months because the wires melted
fingerprint reader stopped working after about two years
touchpad texture came off after a year even though I never used it
plastics and cosmetics in general weathered like shit and the thing looked ghetto as fuck after about four years despite basically being a bag queen its entire life
performance was underwhelming, the options on those things don't really seem that good compared to their contemporaries especially in the GPU arena

maybe if I could get one extremely cheaply today I would give it another try but honestly I wish I'd just bought an X series and a used desktop, thinkpads in general are highly overrated and wouldn't be worth the effort if they weren't incredibly cheap to begin with

Pentium IV
Athlon 64x2 4000+
i7-4510U

Remove battery

The T400 is the best.
>C2D powerful enough for daily use
>easy to take apart
>supported by Libreboot
>rugged as fuck
>dirt cheap (80USD lightly used)
If you ever need to do something illegal or if you need absolute privacy, the T400 is the way to go.

x201 here

But I do.
I'm selling it anyways. Want to start buying shit to make a desktop.

I got my T420 two years ago for £200, we're you even trying? There's a T430 on eBay now that's looks great for £200.

I got the i7 t420 for $300 from fucking newegg

fuck off idiot.
only with coreboot. libreboot is for autists

Yeah America is better for used pad of chink. I7s are going for around £250+ over here.

I have the W510 with an SSD in it running Debian and Windows 10.
Got it off ebay in like new condition a few years ago, great laptop with a nice 1080p screen for the price of a crappy netbook, but of course since the W stands for workstation it's huge and battery life sucks.
Excellent laying in bed machine though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Cheap thinkpad meme is true only in the US
Should've bought from Germany if you're in the UK.

Several sellers there with refurbished models almost always in stock, and at cheap-arse prices too.

>a *40 series
>TWO *40 series
You just don't learn, do you ?

>5 year old for 400 pounds
>tfw got T550 for 550 euros
>only negative is that it has german or something keyboard
>had a T540p before for 400 euros, but hated the touchpad, keyboard was danish and *50 is just an overall improvement over that

Because it's not. 15" laptops are useless. 14" is almost too much already. The sweet spot for laptops is 11", maybe 12". Everything bigger should be replaced by a desktop.

t420 weed pad is way better then the w520

It's fucking heavy and no battery.

2 laze

i do own a W530 with i7-3840qm and a K2000M plus FHD display c::::

It's as heavy as the T520.
Battery life is good because of optimus and a downclocked cpu. You could get 6-8 hours out of it with a new battery

You dont have to use optimus, you can make nvidia or intel the only card, too

That would wear the connector out over time.

I would recommend reading the ThinkWiki to perform proper battery management, since Arch is involved. My stock Xubuntu, with my always plugged in T60, at 100% charge, lost about 20% of battery capacity in 28 months.

Script charge levels between adequate levels with a proper hysteresis regime, and they will last much longer, even plugged. Do your research for proper maximum and minimum charge levels. Personally, I don't care.